A New Dawn Beta Builds

I agree on this.

btw, I see you still repeat the following in your MLF - does it mean that I need to turn it off twice:mischief:
Code:
                <Module>
                    <Directory>Vicinity</Directory>
                    <bLoad>1</bLoad>
                </Module>
Arrgh! How do I get rid of the "Red" interface. I did a complete/full install forgetting that I can't see stuff when the interface is red :(

Thanks for that, I deleted the spare entry. You should do the same.

The red interface is in Jooyo's folder. Should be easy to disable.

My capital has no unhappiness for no apparent reason. I have several other cities with happiness problems. This is with 1.60beta2

Is beta3 save compatible with beta2?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 84
My capital has no unhappiness for no apparent reason. I have several other cities with happiness problems. This is with 1.60beta2

Monarchy now gives the capital no Unhappiness. I was confused by that to until I saw it in the F3 screen.

Bug: minor, Single Player | Custom Game | Options | Final Five - Hover text has a <color> tag which I am guessing doesn't work in hover text. :) /CaptnObvious

Feature, not a bug, as Damunzy said.

No, the new game options break saves.

Bug: minor, Single Player | Custom Game | Options | Final Five - Hover text has a <color> tag which I am guessing doesn't work in hover text. :) /CaptnObvious

Curses, I was really hoping that would work! :p

Hi Lichen, First of all I'm glad to see Asian civ user hear! I'm from korea. anyway I have a program which fixes XML problem developed by korean user. Use and enjoy this!

Thank you, it worked pretty well. :) And there are many Asian players in the sub forum of The History of Three Kindoms mod.

And for Afforess, I found some new bugs.

1. Barbarian General game option can not be disabled correctly. I disable it in a new game, but I can still get great general points by fighting with barbarians.

2. At the round when I completed the World Wonder "Cheomseongdae", I can pick a technology directly. After I reloaded the save of that round, the technology selection menu will pop up normally, but after I selected, the technology which I selected has not been researched. I uploaded the save below and listed the components I installed, you can check it.

Spoiler :

Installed Components:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {The World's Fair} {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} Education {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Withdraw

Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240156&stc=1&d=1263494679

For beta4 if you are interested.

It change Huns' horse unit to Horseman and Vandals' swordsman unit to Light_swordsman.

Easy fix :shrug:. Thanks to someone (forgot his/her name) for the tip!

It change Huns' horse unit to Horseman and Vandals' swordsman unit to Light_swordsman.

You beat me to it!:goodjob:

Thx guys, at least i am learning this stuff, thx.:p

And for Afforess, I found some new bugs.

1. Barbarian General game option can not be disabled correctly. I disable it in a new game, but I can still get great general points by fighting with barbarians.

Really? I need to go test it then.

2. At the round when I completed the World Wonder "Cheomseongdae", I can pick a technology directly. After I reloaded the save of that round, the technology selection menu will pop up normally, but after I selected, the technology which I selected has not been researched. I uploaded the save below and listed the components I installed, you can check it.

This is a known bug with BULL, a mod included in Rise of Mankind. They should have it fixed for the next release, so this doesn't occur.

With 1.6beta3 I can't start a game at all, it CTDs when starting to build the map. It did this occasionally with 1.55 but now its every time I try. It looks like you have passed the capability of my machine :(

With 1.6beta3 I can't start a game at all, it CTDs when starting to build the map. It did this occasionally with 1.55 but now its every time I try. It looks like you have passed the capability of my machine :(

Pick smaller maps or mess with the ini, there are some optimizations you can change there. I know really old computers (like my Mom's laptop) that can run AND fine, albeit slowly. I highly doubt that I "surpassed" the minimum requirements for your machine.

Are there any plans to make ROM/AND work in multiplayer environment or will it remain strictly single player?

Nothing in RoM nor AND break multiplayer per se, it's other mods we have included, like BULL that break multiplayer. I have been...pestering them to fix it ASAP, as I do care about multiplayer.

Yes, eventually, AND/RoM will be fully multiplayer. When? Whenever the modders who broke MP in the first place get around to fixing it.

Maybe the solution is to pull out the mods that impede multiplayer. It sounds like a lot of BULL to me ... We are a group of salivating Spaniards that live by and for ROM/AND and literally can't wait to play against each other, what I think is the best strategy game ever made. You guys are accomplishing Gamer Nirvana with this. I hope Sid Meir is paying close attention ...

Maybe the solution is to pull out the mods that impede multiplayer. It sounds like a lot of BULL to me ... We are a group of salivating Spaniards that live by and for ROM/AND and literally can't wait to play against each other, what I think is the best strategy game ever made. You guys are accomplishing Gamer Nirvana with this. I hope Sid Meir is paying close attention ...

I'm afraid there is nothing in the world that would make me pull BULL out. Those actual effects, the cool interface stuff, the suggested buildings, all the new hover bars for food, the sentry buttons for units, are all done by BULL. However, if you have time to spare, you could always offer to help the BULL team identify and correct the problem. If they get a working MP game going, I'll release a patch for AND the same day. Promise.

I'm afraid there is nothing in the world that would make me pull BULL out. Those actual effects, the cool interface stuff, the suggested buildings, all the new hover bars for food, the sentry buttons for units, are all done by BULL. However, if you have time to spare, you could always offer to help the BULL team identify and correct the problem. If they get a working MP game going, I'll release a patch for AND the same day. Promise.

I will have the whole month of February to dedicate to help. The multiplayer issue may be solved by then, but I would like to translate everything to Spanish (Castilian) for you during February.

On another matter, I think you should limit the Sea Tunnels by making it high cost. Maybe 500 gold per tile and 10 or 15 turns to build each tile. It is a great addition to the game but it must be expensive and hard as in real life.

I will have the whole month of February to dedicate to help. The multiplayer issue may be solved by then, but I would like to translate everything to Spanish (Castilian) for you during February.

Great! I can always use more translations.

On another matter, I think you should limit the Sea Tunnels by making it high cost. Maybe 500 gold per tile and 10 or 15 turns to build each tile. It is a great addition to the game but it must be expensive and hard as in real life.

Yeah, I was contemplating some changes. I figure making them cost a large chunk of gold (25 gold/tile?) and slowing down the build speed would balance them better. 500 gold a tile seems a bit ridiculous.

Top Bottom