A New Dawn Beta Builds

It's an enormous game. The video memory just leaks out after an hour or two of playing, even with a 512 Mb card. I still have crashes every so often and my computer's fairly up to the mark.

It's an enormous game. The video memory just leaks out after an hour or two of playing, even with a 512 Mb card. I still have crashes every so often and my computer's fairly up to the mark.

Really? I have had my game up for 20 hours straight now, and I'm in the Industrial Era, and the task manager reports that BTS is using only 936000k Ram, or 914MB of my 4GB. :p

Well, maybe it's XP then, because twice whilst playing the game, it has crashed with a video error, when I can normally run the game on maximum settings perfectly fine.

Confirmed, sadly.
Anyway, as usual, I continue playing, cause I really feel/see some of the inventions Afforess added that give +speed in rest of the game-features.

Only the ~3 min loadtime of autosaves after a crash of an advanced match is a bit enerving... ;-)

OK

RoM 2.81 + AND 1.6beta3 lite works
RoM 2.81 + AND 1.6beta3 full works but has Red interface
RoM 2.81 + AND 1.6beta3 full without red interface crashes everytime in Initilisation after the Custom Setup

I suppose this means that I will need to do a custom install now to see if I can remove the Red/Brown interface that way. I would hate for the Red/Brown theme to be necessary as it will make the game unplayable :)

Also I am getting a new desktop icon called "Rise of Mankind" which does nothing and contains nothing as far as I can see.

OK

RoM 2.81 + AND 1.6beta3 full without red interface crashes everytime in Initilisation after the Custom Setup

I suppose this means that I will need to do a custom install now to see if I can remove the Red/Brown interface that way. I would hate for the Red/Brown theme to be necessary as it will make the game unplayable :)

Also I am getting a new desktop icon called "Rise of Mankind" which does nothing and contains nothing as far as I can see.
Odd. That shortcut was a test feature I forgot to finish. New versions will have a desktop shortcut for AND. :p

OK

RoM 2.81 + AND 1.6beta3 custom without red interface works. Which begs the question "why would deleting a directory cause a crash?" (Retorical).

So I am back in the game :D

OK

Yeah i had to get rid of the Brown Interface theme also even my red one is causing problems (i bet you have to have it like the old days in the Resource folder next to the Assets, and yes that desktop icon is completely useless.

Okay guys. Fixed the uninstaller bugs. The beta4 uninstaller will work. And it won't go crazy and delete stuff on the Desktop either.

Civics screen is not scaling properly. Text over other text (cancel and upkeep cost). Scroll bars overlaping panels or vice versa. See attachment.

I forgot which farm, but one animal farm's UU for Chinese is repetitive of the original in name. Not game-breaking, but funny :).

Civics screen is not scaling properly. Text over other text (cancel and upkeep cost). Scroll bars overlaping panels or vice versa. See attachment.

Did yuo maximize your game first? Ithappens when it is in an original Windowed position. I get that but solve it by maximizing the window.

Did yuo maximize your game first? Ithappens when it is in an original Windowed position. I get that but solve it by maximizing the window.

Don't play windowed unless I am debugging. So was in full screen mode. Now if I could just remember what the resolution was without going into the game.

OK who has the MOST uptodate dedugger.dll i want to do alot of testing soon, like i already havent :lol:(over 40 games).

Also Afforess, can you tell me now with all the beta changes, which ones are SDK related, i want to find out if its SDK stuff, Python stuff, XML stuff, combination of stuff, etc, what is causing alot of these errors. :mad:

Looking at the actual XML, it seems that they already cost 50/tile. I bumped it up to 125/tile and tripled the time it takes to build them. Complain again if they are still unbalanced. :p

If we extrapolate from the actual cost of the Eurotunnel, the 31 mile tunnel that connects France to the UK, the final cost of which was around $12 billion or $387 million per mile, the cost per mile is roughly 100 times the cost of paved highway. 500 gold per tile is not excessive considering the strategic value of connecting two land masses.

Also, as in real life, tunnels should be difficult to destroy. Maybe needing plenty of torpedos (subs) or nuclear weapons to do so. The high replacement cost will entice the owner to defend them and the enemy to destroy them, making for an interesting cat and mouse side game. If you want a cheaper version of the tunnels, maybe you could add bridges, which though cheaper to build, would be much more vulnerable (planes, ships, etc).

I am not in favor of automatic ferries, as suggested before. I believe bridges and tunnels are a much more realistic option.

OK who has the MOST uptodate dedugger.dll i want to do alot of testing soon, like i already havent :lol:(over 40 games).

Also Afforess, can you tell me now with all the beta changes, which ones are SDK related, i want to find out if its SDK stuff, Python stuff, XML stuff, combination of stuff, etc, what is causing alot of these errors. :mad:

Here, take this one, hot off the presses. It's 100% up to date. Actually a bit more up to date, because Assimilation is fixed in it. And so are a few other bugs. But it's not save compatible.

I got rid of a lot of the false positive asserts, with AI Autoplay, and starting up. It should give them a lot less.

View attachment CvGameCoreDLL.rar

Don't play windowed unless I am debugging. So was in full screen mode. Now if I could just remember what the resolution was without going into the game.

I tweaked the screen. I forgot to update one of the dependent variables for screen resolution. Upkeep should no longer overlap.

Top Bottom