Unique Improvement Elimination Thread

Polder- 2
Terrace Farm-4

Wow, I just played as the netherlands for the first time ever, and let me just say Polders practically carry their civ. They are brilliant once economics is discovered.

As for terrace farms, they ain't BAD, but unless you have at least 2 mountain tiles adjacent (which you rarely do outside of your home city) they simply don't justify themselves.

This is an epic fight. Shall the Noble Rebel Forces of Polder get 2 supporters before the evil empire of Dark Terrace gets one? We shall find out soon.

1. Terrace farm
2. Polder
3. Feitoria
4. Chateau
5. Kabash
6- Brazilwood Camp
7. Moai

This actually seems pretty accurate to me. The feitoria might be a bit overrated, but then again,the Kabash and Brazilwod Camp really aren' that good.

I still think the Brazilwood camp got underrated.

1. Terrace farm
2. Polder
3. Feitoria
4. Chateau
5. Kabash
6- Brazilwood Camp
7. Moai

This actually seems pretty accurate to me. The feitoria might be a bit overrated, but then again,the Kabash and Brazilwod Camp really aren' that good.

Yeah, this seems pretty good to me, too - maybe the Brazilwood Camp should be a little bit higher in the list, but otherwise I think it's okay. Of course, I personally would've liked it if the Polder would have won, but since it seems to be a pretty widely misunderstood UI its coming in 2nd is still tolerable (for a while there, it looked like it was going to get eliminated before the Kasbah, which really would've been inaccurate!)

Yeah, this seems pretty good to me, too - maybe the Brazilwood Camp should be a little bit higher in the list, but otherwise I think it's okay. Of course, I personally would've liked it if the Polder would have won, but since it seems to be a pretty widely misunderstood UI its coming in 2nd is still tolerable (for a while there, it looked like it was going to get eliminated before the Kasbah, which really would've been inaccurate!)

While we're at it, do we have a wonder elimination thread, or should I start one?

I just finished a huge pangea plus marathon game as the dutch. It was a sacred sites ics game, so not your typical situation but still. Out of 27 cities, I could build Polders in 2 of them (not the capital). If I had Terrace Farms, I could have built them in 22 of those cities (and 6 had juicy mountains). May just be bad luck, but I'd definitely rather have Terrace Farms. As to why I was playing sacred sites ics with William, you'll have to ask Captain Morgan about that one.

The Polder and Feitoria put up a good fight, but in the end the terrace farm is just too good. Building it from turn 1 just gives it so much time to pay off when it's in a good spot. This thread, along with looking at everything else the Netherlands has, has convinced me to play as the dutch next game. Maybe I'll get a flood plains start and change my opinion about the Polder. It is the best looking tile by far, I will give it that!

This list seems pretty accurate to me. With mercantile city states, you should be able to get an easy 0 maintenance 20 happiness (3 luxuries distributed among city states with 2 special mercantile resources) with the Feitoria, and since Portugal works really well with commerce (and the 33% purchasing discount with Big Ben to supplement it), you might even be able to get protectionism as a policy too for +30 free happiness from these things, along with the ability to buy buildings for almost nothing. This gives Portugal way more money than you even know what to do with, and the ability to either create super cities that actually have every building, or a super mercantile army that can conquer your continent.

Now, all my comments regarding Portugal is assuming a continents game (or an islands game). In a Pangea setting this is definitely not as good a civ, as it requires transoceanic trade to succeed, and the feitorias can hit fewer city states.

Someone should also start up a reformation belief elimination thread. I could, but I can't remember the list of reformations off the top of my head.

Top Bottom