Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes already made to patch 1.2 :

Spoiler :

1 - Updated all Schemas to the current version except those relating to sound and art (in these last was not required):

Updated Files (849):

325 - CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4UnitSchema.xml
221 - CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml
101 - CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml

It was not really necessary for the current functioning of the mod, but perhaps necessary for future changes and additions in this. Now all mod files are fully updated.

2 - Removed the apostrophe to the Apache U.U.

3 - The Mamluk Empire no longer use adjectives of the Egyptian Empire.

4 - Changed the name of the Algonquian Empire to Algonquin Empire.

5 - Fixed the bug in the Ashanti_CIV4GameText.xml file, showing an invalid adjective for this civilization.

6 - Fixed the bug in the Kruger_CIV4GameText.xml file, it caused error in the first contact with the leader Kruger (South Africa)
I continue with the upgrade of the units and buildings, taking into consideration the advice of Vokarya.

thanks again!

just fyi, one more cosmetic issue:
.) dinnehih civ: probably an issue with their city-name-list, they founded a city named "txt_key_city_name_havsupa" (all their other city names were fine).

thanks again!

just fyi, one more cosmetic issue:
.) dinnehih civ: probably an issue with their city-name-list, they founded a city named "txt_key_city_name_havsupa" (all their other city names were fine).

Yes, it is a mistake in Dinnehih_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. In that file should put TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_HAVASUPAI, instead of TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_HAVSUPAI. Fixed, thank you very much.

Here are some notes I made on building standardization. This is just to get the current UB's in line with the way the base buildings are in-game. I have some thoughts on more substantive changes that I will suggest later.

Colosseum UB's should be 0.15 happiness per Citizen, not 0.1. Also need code to have them upgrade to Stadium and then Zero G Sports Arena.

Castle UB's should be base cost 125 and no maintenance. Castle UB's in the megapack are mostly cost 110 and +10% maintenance. Castle UB's should also upgrade to Star Fort.

Theatre UB's need code to give them +2 :culture: with Modern Art (it's in the building code, not the tech code, and it is building-specific). Theatre UB's also upgrade to Movie Theatre and then Virtual Reality Theater.

Hofmuseen (Austrian UB), Mesopotamian Museum (Iraqi UB), and Exhibition (Mamluk UB) need the option to be built by Treasure the way Museum is. This is in the UnitInfos for Treasure.

Braai (South African UB) needs a lot of adjusting to bring it into line with the Supermarket. Because Supermarket replaces Grocer, I recently changed Supermarket so that it does not require Grocer and copies Grocer's commerce bonuses from resources, gold bonus, and Merchant slots. It should also upgrade to Hypermarket.

General upgrade paths and obsoletings:
Barracks UB's and Garrison UB's upgrade to Military Base.
Market UB's upgrade to Shopping District and Hypermarket. Grocer UB's upgrade to Hypermarket after Supermarket as well.
Healer's Hut UB's should say they upgrade to Hospital as well as Doctor's Office.
Stable and Knight's Stable UB's go obsolete at Mechanized Warfare.
Armourer UB's upgrade to Cannon Forge and then Arsenal.

Here are some notes I made on building standardization. This is just to get the current UB's in line with the way the base buildings are in-game. I have some thoughts on more substantive changes that I will suggest later.

Colosseum UB's should be 0.15 happiness per Citizen, not 0.1. Also need code to have them upgrade to Stadium and then Zero G Sports Arena.

Castle UB's should be base cost 125 and no maintenance. Castle UB's in the megapack are mostly cost 110 and +10% maintenance. Castle UB's should also upgrade to Star Fort.

Theatre UB's need code to give them +2 :culture: with Modern Art (it's in the building code, not the tech code, and it is building-specific). Theatre UB's also upgrade to Movie Theatre and then Virtual Reality Theater.

Braai (South African UB) needs a lot of adjusting to bring it into line with the Supermarket. Because Supermarket replaces Grocer, I recently changed Supermarket so that it does not require Grocer and copies Grocer's commerce bonuses from resources, gold bonus, and Merchant slots. It should also upgrade to Hypermarket.

General upgrade paths and obsoletings:
Barracks UB's and Garrison UB's upgrade to Military Base.
Market UB's upgrade to Shopping District and Hypermarket. Grocer UB's upgrade to Hypermarket after Supermarket as well.
Healer's Hut UB's should say they upgrade to Hospital as well as Doctor's Office.
Stable and Knight's Stable UB's go obsolete at Mechanized Warfare.
Armourer UB's upgrade to Cannon Forge and then Arsenal.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been a few days out of my house, but I have continued to work, and much, in the mod with my laptop.

Thanks for all the tips about the buildings. All these changes have been made, and many more, because as I said before, I compare the buildings and units with WinMerge.

I copy the old building into a text file (called old building), and copy the current version of the same building in another text file (called new building). Then compare them with WinMerge, and I see all the differences between the two buildings. It is much more comfortable, fast and secure.

Here a picture of the comparison made ​​with Winmerge, between the South African building (Braai) and the Supermarket:

Spoiler :

Hofmuseen (Austrian UB), Mesopotamian Museum (Iraqi UB), and Exhibition (Mamluk UB) need the option to be built by Treasure the way Museum is. This is in the UnitInfos for Treasure.

I there were completely forgotten about this, many thanks. Done. :)

As soon as you upload your next revision, I'll upload the next patch. I have already updated all units and all buildings, including some tweaks and fixes in some of them. There are also many minor corrections. But most importantly, I have gotten the initial loading of mod is now between 5 and 7 times faster than before. I hope you like the improved speed.

Many thanks to everyone for your support and help. ;)

As soon as you upload your next revision, I'll upload the next patch. I have already updated all units and all buildings, including some tweaks and fixes in some of them. There are also many minor corrections. But most importantly, I have gotten the initial loading of mod is now between 5 and 7 times faster than before. I hope you like the improved speed.
Wow! How did you do that?
I thought it depends only on the total file size. For this reason I already made up my on lite version with 19 civs. :)

Wow! How did you do that?
I thought it depends only on the total file size. For this reason I already made up my on lite version with 19 civs. :)

You're right, in part. Weight is important if art is not packaged. When you start the mod, it loads all the loose files in the folders, so if you are using all my mods, the game has to load many thousands of additional files.

If we package all art of the mod using Packbuild.exe, a Firaxis tool, and put the resultant .fpk file with all the art in the Assets folder, deleting after all art files in the mod, the game no longer loads all these files at startup, and only accesses these art files dynamically when is needed. Logically, you have to specify the new path in each of the art files.

AND and almost all mods, packed their art files of this way. What surprises me is that the Mega Civ Pack, being such a large file, was not packaged.

We tested the changes on three computers, two mine and one from a friend. On a computer start the game took almost 15 minutes, in another computer 5 minutes exactly, and in another computer almost 7 minutes. After packing the art, the game starts in 2 ½ minutes (before 15 m), 1 minute (before 5 m), and 1 ½ minutes (before almost 7 m). I think it's a good change. :)

Can you tell me what was the albanian empire ? I tried to look for info but all that i can find is that was a part of the bulgarian or ottoman empire. What the point of having such a civ (no offense)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albania_under_the_Bulgarian_Empire

EDIT: For free SVN hosting: http://riouxsvn.com/

I tried the link that you put, and have a capacity of only 50 megabytes. I'll try to upload only CIV4GameText files, those who need to be translated, of the three mods. I'll send you a PM with the link. I do not exactly know how to handle svn, but I learn fast. Please contact me when you read this.

I tried the link that you put, and have a capacity of only 50 megabytes. I'll try to upload only CIV4GameText files, those who need to be translated, of the three mods. I'll send you a PM with the link. I do not exactly know how to handle svn, but I learn fast. Please contact me when you read this.

I have some problems with my job and will probably have to change it so i don't have much time currently. I suggest you just work as usual and i will adapt to the newest files when i'll have much more time ! Sorry.

I have some problems with my job and will probably have to change it so i don't have much time currently. I suggest you just work as usual and i will adapt to the newest files when i'll have much more time ! Sorry.

No problem. Once you've translated the mod, just upload the translated files to this thread, I will update the mod with your translation as soon as possible. Thank you very much for the future translation into French! :)

You're right, in part. Weight is important if art is not packaged. When you start the mod, it loads all the loose files in the folders, so if you are using all my mods, the game has to load many thousands of additional files.

If we package all art of the mod using Packbuild.exe, a Firaxis tool, and put the resultant .fpk file with all the art in the Assets folder, deleting after all art files in the mod, the game no longer loads all these files at startup, and only accesses these art files dynamically when is needed. Logically, you have to specify the new path in each of the art files.

AND and almost all mods, packed their art files of this way. What surprises me is that the Mega Civ Pack, being such a large file, was not packaged.

We tested the changes on three computers, two mine and one from a friend. On a computer start the game took almost 15 minutes, in another computer 5 minutes exactly, and in another computer almost 7 minutes. After packing the art, the game starts in 2 ½ minutes (before 15 m), 1 minute (before 5 m), and 1 ½ minutes (before almost 7 m). I think it's a good change. :)

I knew that fpk is there for some good reason, even unpacked and explored some, but I ddn't know loading works that way.
THX for explaining and for your great work.
:beertoyou:

Just to say that i slowly keep translating the submod. I have many things to do but i work on it from time to time. It's around 60% right now.

The bugs i've found so far are:
- Some leaders don't have any custom introduction sentence, like Pontiac from the Anishnaabek (not really dramatic)
- Ostenaco from the Aniyonega doesn't have a name tag in the XML.
- Minoa doesn't have any unique building nor unit.

Keep up the good work Maska ! Don't wait for me. I'll merge the translation myself with new patch. I've replaced SVN by Bazaar and i've found it to be even easier than before to get a local version control system.

Hello everyone,

I just committed rev681 with all of my changes. Everything I changed should be posted in my changelog in the SVN thread. I look forward to seeing the 1.3 version of this. I too noticed the really slow loading time of the mod with the megapack installed.

Just to say that i slowly keep translating the submod. I have many things to do but i work on it from time to time. It's around 60% right now.

The bugs i've found so far are:
- Some leaders don't have any custom introduction sentence, like Pontiac from the Anishnaabek (not really dramatic)
- Ostenaco from the Aniyonega doesn't have a name tag in the XML.
- Minoa doesn't have any unique building nor unit.

Keep up the good work Maska ! Don't wait for me. I'll merge the translation myself with new patch. I've replaced SVN by Bazaar and i've found it to be even easier than before to get a local version control system.

I am glad that the translation progress. There are some new additions to the texts in this patch, such as improved descriptions in some units, new unique descriptions for some units (previously not existed), and changes in some descriptions in a few units and buildings, which did not coincide with their actual bonuses. I have also changed quite a few descriptions in units and buildings, due to some changes in their abilities, as some of them were ridiculously weak compared to others, or their promotions were not in tune at all with the real history of these units, in my opinion.

Bug 1: It's true, and this has not changed in this patch. Be changed, but in future patches.

Bug 2 : Fixed. In addition, many names and descriptions only worked in English, like Ostenaco, although it is certain that sure there more errors of this type, some have been fixed in this patch. Are now available in all languages, that if, in English.

Bug 3 : That is very strange. I could always see the Minoan UU and UB in my games and in previous tests in all versions. The UU is Xifos, a replacement for Light Swordsman, and the UB is the Anaktora, a replacement of Court House. Well, anyway I guess with the new patch you will not have such problems.

Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone,

I just committed rev681 with all of my changes. Everything I changed should be posted in my changelog in the SVN thread. I look forward to seeing the 1.3 version of this. I too noticed the really slow loading time of the mod with the megapack installed.

Perfect! I'll update the Mega Civ Pack now with the latest changes. I'll have the new version ready for tonight! The loading speed is much improved in this version, I hope it's enough for everyone. Please inform about your improvement in loading speed, I would like to know how much has improved for everyone.

Thanks for your work!

Bug 3 : That is very strange. I could always see the Minoan UU and UB in my games and in previous tests in all versions. The UU is Xifos, a replacement for Light Swordsman, and the UB is the Anaktora, a replacement of Court House. Well, anyway I guess with the new patch you will not have such problems.
OK i've found the problem. TXT_KEY_BUILDING_MINOA_ANAKTORA, TXT_KEY_UNIT_MINOA_XIFOS and TXT_KEY_LEADER_MINOS are all declared into Minoa_CIV4GameText.xml instead of being split into multiple files. You should fix it by adopting the same structure as others civs !

Thanks.

Here are the changes in the new versions of the three mods. They are been uploading to dropbox right now. In an hour or two will be availables:

MEGA CIV PACK 1.2:
Spoiler :
- Changed the name of the parent folder of the mod to Custom_Civilizations_MCP.

- Updated MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file to accept the new name of the mod.

- Updated the following files to accept the new name of the mod:

AudioDefines.xml: 56 files - 311 entries

- Has been created a .fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND tremendously, because instead of loading all the art files at start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when is needed.

- Updated the following files to accept the path to the new .fpk file:

CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml: 101 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 225 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml: 111 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml: 101 files

Entries edited in these 538 files: 1953 entries

- Updated all Schemas to the current version except those relating to sound and art (in these last was not required):

Updated Files (849):

325 - CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4UnitSchema.xml
221 - CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml
101 - CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml

It was not really necessary for the current functioning of the mod, but perhaps necessary for future changes and additions in this. Now all mod files are fully updated.

- Removed the apostrophe to the Apache U.U.

- The Mamluk Empire no longer use adjectives of the Egyptian Empire.

- Changed the name of the Algonquian Empire to Algonquin Empire.

- Added the possibility to build the new replacements of Museum with Treasure unit.

- Fixed the bug in Ashanti_CIV4GameText.xml file, showing an invalid adjective for this civilization.

- Fixed the bug in Kruger_CIV4GameText.xml file, it caused error in the first contact with the leader Kruger (South Africa)

- Fixed a bug in Dinnehih_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file, that caused that the city name "Havasupai" does not display correctly.

- Repaired with NifSkope the eyes of Mikheil Saakashvil, a leader of Georgian Empire. The original position of the eyes overlapped the textures of the eyelids unpleasantly.

Click the link to view a slide show of the changes: http://www.kizoa.es/Video-Maker/d9125321k2771871o1/eyes-fixed

- Repaired the visibility of a building in the pedia, who had no his appropiated skin and it looked pink.

- Repaired several text entries of several leaders showing incorrect characters in the French and Spanish languages​​, for example, Salom%C3%B3n (Salomón).

- Added descriptions in English of various leaders to other languages​​, as these had nothing writing, or things like "Not in German." It has also been added a new Tag for the name of the leader Ostenaco in all languages​​.

- Changed one of the starting techs of the Cherokee civilization. They had before Fishing, now have Ritualism.

- Changed one of the starting techs of Scythian civilization. They had before Agriculture, now have Weaving.

- All Units revised for all civs. Have been fully updated to be compatible with AND 2.1 and the lastest changes of Vokarya (rev 681).

Has been balanced and adjusted some units, seeking balance and a better representation of the real story of the troop or civilization. There may be more changes in the future. Also, many descriptions of the new units in Civilopedia were updated with the new changes, have lengthened and improved, but still needs to be changed many descriptions.

- All Buildings revised for all civs. Have been fully updated to be compatible with AND 2.1 and the lastest changes of Vokarya (rev 681).

Has been balanced and adjusted some buildings. There may be more changes in the future.
ALTERNATIVE LEADERHEADS 1.1:
Spoiler :
- Changed the name of the parent folder of the mod to Altenative_Leaderheads_MCP.

- Updated the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file to accept the new name of the mod.

- Has been moved the images comparison folder of new leaders with old leaders. Still in the download, but no longer install with the mod.

- Has been created a .fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND a little, because instead of loading all the art files at start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when needed.

-Updated the following files to accept the path to the new fpk.:

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 7 files

Entries edited in these 7 files: 7 entries
CUSTOM LEADERHEADS MCP 1.1:
Spoiler :
- Repaired several text entries of some leaders showing incorrect characters in the French and Spanish languages​​.

- Added descriptions in English of various leaders to other languages​​, as these had nothing writing, or things the "Not in German."

- Updated all schemes of the mod to the latest version (86 files):

CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml: 43 files
CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml: 43 files

Has been created a fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND, because instead of loading all the art files to start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when needed.

- Updated the following files to accept the path to the new fpk.:

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 43 files

Entries edited in these 43 files: 211 entries
We have tested the new packaged versions of the three mods together on three diferent computers, the most spectacular test is here:
Spoiler :
MCP: Mega Civ Pack mod

ALH: Alternative Leaderheads mod

CLH: Custom Leaderheads mod

(UN): Unpacked version

(PA): Packed version

Improved loading speed (in minutes):

MCP 1.1 (UN) + ALH 1.0 (UN) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 14:52:27

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.0 (UN) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 3:44:20

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.1 (PA) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 3:30:20

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.1 (PA) + CLH 1.1 (PA): 2:54:20

As seen in the second line, when the art of Mega Civ Pack (MCP) is packaged, the mod starts more than 11 minutes faster on this computer. When Custom Leaderheads (CLH) and Alternatives Leaderheads (ALH) are packaged, also improves the speed, but not much, being a smaller mods.

In the other two computers, of better quality, the result is similar, but less dramatic, improving the load time of five minutes to little more than a minute.

The speed improvement even more if the pc is well maintained:

- Clean unnecessary files and registry (Ccleaner, Argente Registry Cleaner, etc)

- Correctly defragmented HDDs (MyDefrag, etc)

- Not have many mods installed that are not used.

- Not having large files on the desktop.

- Use tools like GameBooster.

No excuse for not using all civilizations and the three mod together. :)
Please inform about your improvement in loading speed, I would like to know how much has improved for everyone.

Sorry, I fell asleep yesterday, waiting while uploading files. :blush:

Already available the download links of the three mods in the first post. Have been edited installation instructions in consonance.

Sorry for the wait. Please, report any bugs, and also whether you have improved your load time of the mod. Thanks for waiting. :)

Theatre? Isn't it Museum? :)

Goood job anyway!
Starting to download...

:lol: You're right, it is the museum, and in the mod is set correctly the museum, and replacements of this, not theater. Thanks for carefully read the list of changes. I've gone crazy to write it, now I correct it. ;)

Enjoy the mod. :)

EDIT: Please inform about your improvement in loading speed. I hope it's a lot!

EDIT: Please inform about your improvement in loading speed. I hope it's a lot!
I will.
Corrently I've been using a lite version sellecting 19civs. It was because of the slow loading speed, but with your improvment it won't be necessary I hope.
My corrent game I started witout MCP and hope to see some appearing by revolutions/barb.civs :)

First off, thank you for creating the FPK's. I noticed they do make the mod load much faster (wasn't timing it, but did notice the difference).

I went through the units again with my spreadsheet, and I noticed a few things as I was working. It's much less than before, so a very good job on that. Some of these may be deliberate, so I would be fine with that, but I'm just checking.
  • Artillery UU's: NA Artillery (Nigeria UU) and Sena Bahini (Bangladesh UU) are both -20 cost (280 vs. 300) from regular Artillery. Is this intended?
  • Chariot UU's: Etruscan Chariot (Etruscan UU) and Maryannu (Hurrian UU) are both -5 cost from regular Chariot. Rathin is +5 cost. Is all of this intended?
  • Light Cavalry UU's: Gothic Cavalry (Goth UU) and Maqil Warrior (Yemeni UU) both still have the Flanking I-II promotions.
  • Alea Miliaria (Batavii UU): This unit doesn't have a Peat Bog attack penalty. I'm guessing this is intentional to go along with the Amphibious promotion.
  • Grivpanvar (Parthia UU): This unit should probably have the Immune to First Strikes ability turned on.
  • Guard Hussar (Denmark UU): I think you went too far with reducing its strength, and it is actually supposed to be +2 strength over the standard Cuirassier. The original was Strength 23 compared to 21 for the Cuirassier. I don't think +25% attack vs. Cannon is enough to make a UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom