Long Research Time

Castfinder

Chieftain
First of thank you to everyone developing this amazing mod.

So I was eager to start my first RoM: A new Dawn game with: 36 civ, giant map, Immortal and normal speed. When the game started and I was about choose my first research I was surprised that all of them at least 30+ turn to finish . I said to myself that this must be a bug : how can research be so long?? but then checked the forum and saw that it must be because of the latest updates.

I know I'm playing Immortal difficulty but even then research should take that long in order to make the game more challenging. Rather it just make the game tedious and boring. is there something that i'm not getting? or is it because multiple research is enabled?? maybe that the reason since people will be able to do multiple research at the same time therefore research time had to be drastically increased for balance.

No, it's just you're not supposed to play immortal (or at least play and win). I really don't understand why people always play those high levels straight from the start. Immortal on AND is not the same as immortal on other mods or plain BTS. My advice is to start at noble and use flexible difficulty if you want some challenge. Or you can play immortal and find your own way not to be left behind.

lol...u got me there:) I guess I'll tone it down....I did put it on flexible difficulty scaling from prince-to-Immortal on but with immortal being the starting difficult. My idea was to see how i would do and if i started to lag really behind( which i often do with my experience just with RoM) the game would slowly drop me down to prince difficulty.
I also put that the AI to use flexible difficulty...is that a good thing ?
And Realistic timescale also affect research time? should I turn it off?

if this feature work well as intended it will be amazing especially rookies like me:)
I left civ 5 ....it seems i might find my last redemption here hehe

lol...u got me there:) I guess I'll tone it down....I did put it on flexible difficulty scaling from prince-to-Immortal on but with immortal being the starting difficult. My idea was to see how i would do and if i started to lag really behind( which i often do with my experience just with RoM) the game would slowly drop me down to prince difficulty.
I also put that the AI to use flexible difficulty...is that a good thing ?
And Realistic timescale also affect research time? should I turn it off?

if this feature work well as intended it will be amazing especially rookies like me:)
I left civ 5 ....it seems i might find my last redemption here hehe

AI Flex.Difficulty being a good thing is up to your playstyle. Basically it means that it boosts AI that are falling behind and gives penalties to the ones doing very well.

In my experience, this results in a lot of AI with 1 ~ 3 cities keeping pace with or even passing World Powers in the tech race, but not having the production power (in terms of numbers of cities) to make use of their tech. Sometimes they land some wonders with the boost in hammers granted by their Settler/Warlord difficulty, but usually they just sit there researching as fast as you but accomplishing nothing else.

Top Bottom