Korea Unique Ability

Carl5872

Prince
What counts as a science wonder for Korea's UA?

It didn't give me any tech boost for the Oracle (gives great science points) nor the Porcelain tower (poster child of Rationalism). It did for the NC and Oxford. Does it have to be a national wonder?

It has to be a wonder or building that provides science (actual beakers, or a beaker multiplier) not Great Scientist points.

Quoting from The Handbook for Despots and Dictators https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?93620-Civ-V-Handbook-for-Despots-amp-Dictators

* Wonders that trigger this bonus include the Great Library, National College and Oxford University—not the Porcelain Tower. Buildings that trigger this bonus include the Library, University, Observatory, Public School and Research Lab. The Great Library's free Library does grant a second science boost, assuming a Library isn't already present in the Capital. These science boosts are identical to completing a Research Agreement, and so are affected by the Porcelain Tower and the Scientific Revolution Policy.

Hope that helps

Wonders that trigger this bonus include the Great Library... Buildings that trigger this bonus include the Library.
This is something I've often wondered about (though it's a rather moot point; I don't think I'll ever build the Great Library again.)

Does building the Great Library give Korea a double-science boost since you're technically building a scientific wonder (1) and getting a scientific building (2) at the same time?

This is something I've often wondered about (though it's a rather moot point; I don't think I'll ever build the Great Library again.)

Does building the Great Library give Korea a double-science boost since you're technically building a scientific wonder (1) and getting a scientific building (2) at the same time?

Quoting from The Handbook for Despots and Dictators https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?93620-Civ-V-Handbook-for-Despots-amp-Dictators

* Wonders that trigger this bonus include the Great Library, National College and Oxford University—not the Porcelain Tower. Buildings that trigger this bonus include the Library, University, Observatory, Public School and Research Lab. The Great Library's free Library does grant a second science boost, assuming a Library isn't already present in the Capital. These science boosts are identical to completing a Research Agreement, and so are affected by the Porcelain Tower and the Scientific Revolution Policy.

Hope that helps

Hope that helps

Top Bottom