Bug Reports

Well I just found a bug while going through the code. Seems I forgot to include a piece of the Enlightened code since the 3.19 update, so the culture from non state religion hasn't been being applied. No one has noticed probably because it still shows that it is in the user interface, but it's not. Anyway will be fixed in the next update.

I've had a few problems with multiplayer. Mostly OoS that you can expect with any mods but the only really major problem is that when a unit is in a city, it has all the buttons it should have(fortify, sleep, etc) and some units also have spread taoism, despite being military units and the mouseover for it shows the regular message and the effects are (-1 culture -1 science -1 health -1 happiness, i think).

After those, it has a ton of empty button spots that have nothing in them and nothing comes up on mouse over.

Also, I can't click on any of them, even the buttons that should normally be there. It's not that bad for regular stuff because I can still use hotkeys(F for sleep/fortify, alt+r for route to for workers) and all that but I need to move a unit outside of a city to promote it and then move it back in. I'm sure you can see why this is a problem.

I think it may be just a host problem because I asked my friend about it and he wasn't sure what I was talking about. I always host and we use Hamachi to play over Direct IP Connection. I'll try and get screenshots/saves soon if I can.

Unfortunately RevDCM (the core of LoR) hasn't been debuged or even tested apropriately in MP. I wish it was, but this is beyond my scope. If you'd like to see the mod fixed for MP play, please post a request along with pertinent information and screenshots for jdog and glider to see in the Revolutions forum, that's the best way to get it done, as for now I'm not sure jdog and glider are aware that there is a demand for MP.

Revolutions Project and Development Forum

I play SP so it doesn't bother me, but my Privateers are flying the Carthaginian flag instead of the Jolly Roger; would really give things up in MP. :)

I play SP so it doesn't bother me, but my Privateers are flying the Carthaginian flag instead of the Jolly Roger; would really give things up in MP. :)

Some one correct me if Im wrong. since I cant remember the last time I played beyond pressing "end turn" in 4000BC:mad:. But hasntit always been that your privateers show your flag and enemies see the barb flag?

Yep just did WB test and my privateers showed the greek flag but Sitting Bulls;s privateer had a barb flag.

Unfortunately RevDCM (the core of LoR) hasn't been debuged or even tested apropriately in MP. I wish it was, but this is beyond my scope. If you'd like to see the mod fixed for MP play, please post a request along with pertinent information and screenshots for jdog and glider to see in the Revolutions forum, that's the best way to get it done, as for now I'm not sure jdog and glider are aware that there is a demand for MP.

Revolutions Project and Development Forum

Just chipping in to add that I keep monitoring this mod in the hope that someone reports a successful MP game with LoR, even if some options have to be turned off.

I like a lot of what I read about LoR, but since I and three of my relatives only play CiV in MP mode these days, we are sticking with Wolfs last build (which isn't 100%MP reliable either btw :rolleyes:) until/unless mp bugs are sorted. (I understand this isn't your area Phungus). When that happens you have at least another four downloads. :)

Well it's been reported numerous times that MP works fine with Revolutions turned off. But others have reported issues, so I don't know. Based on the reports issues in MP games with Revolutions off seem to be machine specific. But definatly the Revolutions component should be turned off in the startup menu when playing an MP game. Of course some players have said they play MP with revolutions on, they just all need to select the same option if a Revolution event occurs, or else the game goes OoS.

:hmm: OK, will look into that, thanks for the report. I need to fix the World War Wolf Scenario as well. Just be aware these are low priority fixes, probably will be one of the last things I do. But they will be done, and thanks for the report, without it, it probably never would have been fixed :)

Hmmm ... I have a theory. Because now I met Elizabeth as leader of the English, while Churchill was the original leader. I know, cause I met him earlier in the game. And I know England had some difficulty with rebels. Maybe Churchill had to abdicate, and Elizabeth took his throne? If so, that would constitute no problem, except for the name business. Churchill/England should change to Elizabeth/England in the on-screen civ list, and the name "Elizabeth" should be displayed over the leaderhead in diplo mode.

Not sure why this is happening. My PC is not great and uses a terrible built-in Intel motherboard graphics card -- but it does run Civ4 with almost no problems (a little sluggish mid- to late-game, but that it). I run Civ4 everything turned to "Low," 1024x768 resolution. I DO NOT have Frozen Animations on.

LoR also mostly works. But there are some awful, game-breaking graphical glitches. Here's what's happened:

- I can't watch wonder movies anymore. The movies come up and the music/sfx play, but the movie screen is a mish-mash of colours and lines.
- I'm the Vikings, and the horsemen I was making last night were phantom horsemen -- I could move them around and use them fine, but the only part of them I could see was their little skullcap. No body, no horse. When I was fighting, I think he swung a little axe. Seemed to be animated -- just no textures or model in sight.
- The Incas started sending out galleys, and instead of a galley, I saw a little red bubble in the water.

In addition to this, I don't get an LoR-specific start-up screen when I start the game. It uses Warlords instead, for some reason.

I haven't tried restarting my computer and seeing if that fixes everything (reboots take upwards of 15 minutes) -- but any ideas as to what may be causing these problems? Again, I have no problems with the graphics in vanilla Civ4.

Not sure why this is happening. My PC is not great and uses a terrible built-in Intel motherboard graphics card -- but it does run Civ4 with almost no problems (a little sluggish mid- to late-game, but that it). I run Civ4 everything turned to "Low," 1024x768 resolution. I DO NOT have Frozen Animations on.

LoR also mostly works. But there are some awful, game-breaking graphical glitches. Here's what's happened:

- I can't watch wonder movies anymore. The movies come up and the music/sfx play, but the movie screen is a mish-mash of colours and lines.
- I'm the Vikings, and the horsemen I was making last night were phantom horsemen -- I could move them around and use them fine, but the only part of them I could see was their little skullcap. No body, no horse. When I was fighting, I think he swung a little axe. Seemed to be animated -- just no textures or model in sight.
- The Incas started sending out galleys, and instead of a galley, I saw a little red bubble in the water.

In addition to this, I don't get an LoR-specific start-up screen when I start the game. It uses Warlords instead, for some reason.

I haven't tried restarting my computer and seeing if that fixes everything (reboots take upwards of 15 minutes) -- but any ideas as to what may be causing these problems? Again, I have no problems with the graphics in vanilla Civ4.
The Mayans were sending out the galleys, by the way. Not the Incas.

If your computer gets sluggish late game from vanilla civ, its going to have problems with normal LoR. You shoulod try playing LoR lite where there is no ethinc art, and the system requirements should be the same as vanilla. The movie thing cant be anything with LoR, unless it is a movie of the 3 added wonders, but still theyre shouldnt be anything wrong on LoR's end with those.

What version of LoR are you running?

If your computer gets sluggish late game from vanilla civ, its going to have problems with normal LoR. You shoulod try playing LoR lite where there is no ethinc art, and the system requirements should be the same as vanilla. The movie thing cant be anything with LoR, unless it is a movie of the 3 added wonders, but still theyre shouldnt be anything wrong on LoR's end with those.
Thanks for the help. But I'm not having sluggish issues with LoR at all -- it's just that certain units aren't being fully displayed. How could speed issues be related to straight-up failure to display? The only problem I can imagine is that the textures didn't install properly or there are new features of the LoR textures that were not present in vanilla BtS. Only someone who really knows how the graphics in LoR differ could know for sure on this, I think.

What version of LoR are you running?
Pretty sure I downloaded the newest version. Is there any way to check? I went to "About" on the menu, but I didn't see any likely numbers.

In the docs folder there is a file called Legends Version and Changelog, open that up and it'll tell you what version you have. My recommendation would be to use the 0.9.5 LoR light test build as well. There is a critical art bug in that, but it exists for Mechanized Infantry, so by the time you get those the next update will be out. If you get there before I can easily release a patch to fix it, but no one has asked for a patch for the LoR Light test yet, so I haven't gone and released a patch yet, since the official release of 0.9.5 should be out by the end of the weekend anyway.

Thanks for the help. But I'm not having sluggish issues with LoR at all -- it's just that certain units aren't being fully displayed. How could speed issues be related to straight-up failure to display?
I have no idea. You said vanilla runs sluggish for you sometimes, and I just said you would also have "problems" with LoR if that was the case.
The only problem I can imagine is that the textures didn't install properly or there are new features of the LoR textures that were not present in vanilla BtS. Only someone who really knows how the graphics in LoR differ could know for sure on this, I think.
Well that would be me. Seeings how I have spent several hundred hours now building and rebuilding the art in LoR. Theres nothing different with the art. Theres just 10 times as much of it. Not sure how many different units but theres 1200+ entries in the art defines and Ive torn everyone of them apart.

Wow. Okay, the problem must be something weird on this side. I'll think about it for a while, and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the help, guys!

Yep, version 0.9.4b. Since I'm not getting the right opening screen either, something weird is obviously going on. I'll check it out...

Try reinstalling.

Okay, will do. Quick question about what's new and what isn't. How much of the Viking unit art is new? Everything looks customized, so I'm not sure. My chariot-riders have little horned helmets and everything--pretty cool. Is that new "ethnic art"? If so, I'm having some weird selective problems.

Okay, will do. Quick question about what's new and what isn't. How much of the Viking unit art is new? Everything looks customized, so I'm not sure. My chariot-riders have little horned helmets and everything--pretty cool. Is that new "ethnic art"? If so, I'm having some weird selective problems.

Yeah that ones new, but not all the vikings are new. I left a couple of the old ones in. There should be a stark difference between the new vikings and any old ones left in, the new ones have much more detail and are more realistic.

I dont see how youre having problems with them. Most of those vikings were made by bekuel and there is absolutely nothing wrong with his models. I can almost tell now who made a particular model. And I cant recall ever having to fix, in any way, one of his. Not saying he's perfect, just that I cant find any problems with the viking models.

Top Bottom