Christ the Redeemer

Spirictum

Immortal
Now that's the best wonder of all in LoR. And I like to see a brazilian wonder being the best wonder, even if it's cheated.

Christ is not so special in original BtS. It's overpowered, but so late that it's not that important. You can make quite a mess with it in late game, but it hardly will define who will win the game.

But in LoR things are different: Make the Christ, send 5+ spies to the superpower nation that you want to desintegrate, and when you are sure you can use 5 spies and they will succeed, change your civics to: Despotism, Barbarism, Slavery (or Serfdom, dunno which is worst for stability), Mercantilism (or Descentralization if better) and Theocracy.

Then use the spies to change your rival civics to these. Pass the turn and change all back to what you were using. Done! You destroyed the superpower. And if it wasn't enough, do it again. You can do it forever with anyone, and the christ will keep you intact.

I like this, but maybe it's overpowered. It's like: Build the Christ. Done, you won the game.

Nice hint ... but my games mostly end before Christ-Redeem...

Top Bottom