New SG!!! Regent? Emperor?

Pre-turn - Start moving more troops north from Uxmal and from Mayanpan to Vilcas

IBT - Germans pissed at us, want us out. Incan Counter attack on Knight at former site of Machu Pichu with Knight, Knight dies no damage to Incan Knight. Vilca Musk->Musk. Tulum Walls->Temple. Discover Economics, Chemistry in 6 @ 60%.

850 (1) - Tebuchet pound on evil Incan Knight and then Mayan Knight cleans up while being promoted to Elite and taking no damage. Move back into stack. Vilcas SOD moves towards Arequipa. Uxmal SOD moves towards Nasca.

IBT - Lagerto Knight->Knight

860(2) - Stacks keeping moving

IBT - Incan counter on stack of workers protected by Crusader has no effect

870(3) - Stacks keep moving. Battle of Arequipa :
Treb hits regular Pike, reveals 2nd regular Pike
Treb hits regular Pike, no more defenders
Treb red-lines regular Pike
Elite LongBow kills 2hp Pike, takes 1HP damage
MI kills Pike.
Burn baby burn. 2 workers.

IBT - Longbowman from Nasca attacks stack moving north. 2hp damage to musket, promoted to Elite. Andah Settler->Musket

880(4) - Stack closes in on Nasca. Reg Pikeman can be seen.

IBT - Lost supply of furs. Alexander wants to trade Iron for Furs, but we're about to get furs this round from Machu Pichu location.
Incan counter on SOD near Huamanga. Elite Knight red-lined and retreats, Incan LongBow takes 2hp damage. Incan counter on lone musket heading to front sucessfull. Tula Market->Temple. Bonampak Musket->musket. Germans building JS Bach, we're 6 away. Civil disorder in 1/2 dozen cities because of temporary loss of Furs. Crap, forgot that would happen.

890 (5) - Found city of "Draw Weight" near former location of Arequipa . Start building Temple. MI Attacks LongBow to move SOD adjacent to Huamanga, promoted to Elite, no damage. Found city of "Take Out" near former location of Machu Pichu, Furs hooked up again so the people are happy, start building Temple. Teach Incan LongBow near Take Out exactly how my sword feels when I jam it up their ass. No damage to Crusader. Battle of Nasca :

Treb does 1HP to Reg Pike, no other defenders seen
Treb misses
Treb Red-lines Reg Pike, Reg Spear seen
MI kills Spear, 1HP Damage
MI kills 1HP Pike, red-lined in process
Burn baby Burn, 2 workers
Move Elite Knight into Stack adjacent to Huaman

IBT - Counters -> None. :goodjob: Tikal Settler->Temple. Las Vegas Bank ->Knight.

900 (6) - Chemistry in 1 turn, science down to 50. Battle of Huamanga :

Treb misses Reg Pike
Treb hits Reg Pike, 2nd Reg Pike shown
Treb hits Reg Pike, 3rd Reg Pike shown
Elite Knight red-lines Reg Pike, Knight destroyed, 2HP Pike shown
Elite MI kills 2hp pike, takes 1 HP damage
Veteran MI kills 2hp Pike, red-lined in the process
Vetern MI kills 1hp pike and exacts revenge for death of brave, courageous and honourable Knight named Okafor who died in the attack on Huamanga.
Burn baby Burn, 7 workers captured

IBT - Incan counter on brave MI that burned Huamanga. He must have been distracted from the flames of city in ruin around him, since he didn't do any damage to the attacking Knight. Okafor's brother Calhoun was a member of the MI troop killed in the spot where Huamanga once stood. Remaining soldiers from the Battle of Humanga knick-name themselves the UConns and develop a fierce battle cry and a 46 inch vertical leaping ability. Chemistry -> Metalugy, 6 turns at 70% with -15 gold.

910 (7) - Mayan UConn Trebs attempt to rain down death on Knight, but only hit once. Fierce battle cry giving advanced warning of attack thought to be the culprit and is re-worked. Remaining SOD from battle of Nasca joins up with te UConn SOD so that death can be brought quickly to the evil Incan Knight. Crusader and musketman moves into the mountain to pillage the Incan Saltpeter.

IBT - Incan Ship approaching Draw Weight/Vilcas. Cuello Temple ->Aqueduct.

920 (8) - Trebs rain fire on Incan Knight, red-line it and allow Mayan MI to slowly rip apart Mayan Knight responsible for the death of Calhoun. There is much joy in great city of CI at the news of the Knight's slow demise. Saltpeter pillaged.

IBT - Calakmul Market->Bank. Incan ship runs away. Hurry Hard Libary -> Barracks

930 (9) Okafor Founded near burned city of Nasca, start building Temple. Rush Temple in Take Out, we might get the Saltpeter in our borders when we expand, but I don't think so.

IBT - Take Out Temple->MarketPlace. Spotted German Settler moving towards "our" free land. Lazapa Market->Library. Las Vegas Knight ->Palace (pre-build for something, welcome to change).

940 (10) - Build a wall of Workers to stop German Settler from invading the land that rightfully belongs to the UConn warriors of the Mayan tribe. Discovered the Incan city of Juli. I was going to leave the decision of making peace up to the next person, but the settler I have en route to the former Huamanga location ended it's turn vulnerable to an Incan Knight attack from the capital. I went to see what we could get for peace, and they offered both Juli and Atico, so I figured it was a good deal, and made peace with the Incans to protect our settler/Take Out. The land around the burning rubble that was once Huamanga is pretty valuable IMHO, and I didn't want to lose the only settler we have (or have in production) and risk losing the land.

Next Steps : I would consider disbanding Atico and Juli. It'll cost too much to put a defender there, and they're both pretty useless, which is why we got them. Make sure that damn German settler SE of Okafor doesn't get into "our" land, and make sure that the settler just SW of Take Out makes it there first (I've left a SOD where I think the city should go).

I'm not sure who's next up, but I'll post something shortly.

Here's the roster :

Conqueror '91 -- up next, but not holding my breath
SesnofWthr -- on deck
pindicator -- probably gets to finish off the Incans :)
M60A3ttS --
rdomarat -- just played

If Conquerer doesn't post within 24, although it seems odd to replace him, ironmikie expressed an interest way back on page 2-3 of the thread. Anyone opposed to seeing if he wants to come on board after time's up?

A screenshot of the once-proud Incan realms, now vanishing under a blanket of blue...

Attachments

• current.jpg
    current.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 127
Wow, a very good job on the inca rdomarat! :goodjob:

I don't know if the Inca will even survive the next turn; without looking at the save, it seems like the next person has three decent stacks to take out the last three cities with.

So we should start talking now about if we want to continue with our expansion, or settle down and build infrastructure for our eventual 20k win.

I'd like to add my kudos here, not only for dominating those bastards back to the stone age, but also for the flair in relating the turns. :)

As far as the Conq situation, we certainly have seen hide nor hair of him recently, but he certainly gets the 24 hrs.

If he skips the second turn w/o even posting, then I'd suppose replacing him would not be unreasonable. Ironmikie is fine w/me but I will add that a few days ago he mentioned something about "upcoming project deadlines".

At any rate, I generally try to honor 20 turn deals to increase later trading opps, bt at this point I guess it doesn't make that much difference anymore.

For victory condition, I'm still good with the 20k, although I don't see any reason to not keep busting heads till we get there. :evil:

I also wasn't sure that the point of the FP in Copan was. If it's a pre-build for something, we'll need to switch in the next ten turns. We certainly don't want to do a Palaca jump if we're going for 20K in CI, so Copan is a poor location for the FP. That likely needs some attention from the next person so we don't accidently build the FP in Copan. You're also welcome to change my Palace pre-build in Las Vegas to something else. I was thinking about TofE for Las Vegas, but that's likely too far away.

Having had a chance to look at the save, it appears very nice indeed. Have a couple cities with entertainers that aren't needed, but other than that, we're rolling, just as U Conn did. I started the FP in Copan just to get it done. My understanding is that since it doesn't serve as a second palace for corruption purposes, building a second corruption-free ring around it no longer works as a strategy. If I'm mistaken, please feel free to change it. As far as ideas going forward, we have Bach's in 1 at CI. A little wonder razzle dazzle may be in order. Next turn can start CI on Smith's. When we finish metallurgy, go straight for f-artistry, Right at the time artistry comes in, we can switch CI to Shakespeare's and get it almost immediately. Vegas can then take the handoff of Smith's. Back to the bottom of the tree for M-tradition to ToG, while CI can add cathedral/colliseum just in time to start on Sir Isaac's hangout. That adds 19 cpt to CI's output. Certainly would get us to the 20K finish line in a timely manner.

My understanding was that there are two factors that affect corruption :

1) Distance Corruption based on distance from closest Palace
2) Rank Corruption, which I think deals with the order in which cities were built, but I'm not positive. Every time I try and read a thread and try to figure it out, it gets bogged down with people *****ing about how much they hate corruption and why didn't they it implemet it "this way" which is so obviously right since I thought of it, and why doesn't Firaxis just fix this once and for all and how come that damn sub bug still exists, Firaxis is the worst software manaufacturer in the history of software blah blah blah. I lose interest pretty quickly.

I digress. Using v1.15 (or above), I believe that the FP will have an effect on Distance Corruption, but not rank corruption ( in civ3 Vanilla and PTW it affected both). I think it still makes sense to build it a distance from your capitol, since a group of cities a distance from your capitol will not be affected by Distance corruption and thus become more productive.

You are welcome to prove me wrong and more than welcome to explain what Rank Corruption is to me as well, as long as you don't digress. :)

Reg

I'm happy to report in reading over the 1.15 thread, I have been duly educated. Everything you said is quite correct, and per rank corruption, let's not even go there. My bad, we should take Copan off FP duty. After the Incans go, maybe build it in Cuzco?

I agree. Cuzco would make an ideal location for the FP. It's in a productive area, and has plenty of room for cities to built around it (the AI does such a poor job in city placement). If we choose to take out the American cities to the north, as per our "natural" borders (and possibly a couple German towns to the east), it will work nicely with a FP in Cuzco.

Originally posted by pindicator
If we choose to take out the American cities to the north, as per our "natural" borders (and possibly a couple German towns to the east), it will work nicely with a FP in Cuzco.

Do the Greek and Aztec cities on the south coast also fall within our "natural" borders? :slay:

Reg

Conqueror missed his 24 hours again, so here's the updated roster :

SesnofWthr -- up next
pindicator
M60A3ttS
rdomarat
Conqueror '91 -- Missing In action

Conqueror can still have his turn back if he post back with a "Got It" before SesnofWthr. Whoever picks it up should make sure to switch Copan off the Forbidden Palace to something else. We should also talk to the Incans about starting a pre-build for the Forbidden Palace in Cuzco. :)

Reg

I got it.

I agree, but there isn't much we can do about it. Heard from ironmikie, and confirmed he's unavailable, so we should just move on. Hopefully at some point Conqueror will check in.

For the record, i have tried PMing him, but he's got it blocked. I also noticed that his last post anywhere on these boards was here in this thread, what, two weeks ago? Maybe he lost interest .... he was only registered for a month, IIRC.

OK. Decide Atico worth keeping for possible oil/alum later so send a MI to defend, for now. Juli is absolutely worthless right now. Aztecs still hate us, so I gift it to them so they can have the headache. ;) They still hate us, oh well. Drop sci to 50% to get extra 80 gpt. Incas will be safe, for now, as I try to honor most deals, and this gives me an opportunity for a bit of raiding. Iroquois are pretty weak, and infringing upon our “natural borders.” They also happen to have some nice wines our people would love to have. Round up some troops in that part of the empire.

IBT – I see what looks to be a troublesome German settler pair heading back towards
Berlin. CI builds Bach’s, cathedral in 7. Tikal temple -> musket. Bon musket -> settler.
Vilca musket -> barr. Lagar knight -> settler. Incas and germans building Copern, but we’ll have it in 17 on a starvation diet.

950 ad – (1) – Moving troops towards Oil Springs. Will leave a decent contingent of troops in Okafor area for future ops against Germans/Incas. Send a handful of knights towards Mauch Chunk.

IBT – Atzca temple -> barracks. Atica rushed worker -> temple.

960 ad – (2) – Still shuffling, Metallurgy in 1 drop to 40% (+127)

IBT – Maybe the Iroquois will have to wait, Germans just declared dyes. Bismarck actually had the cojones to declare too! We get metallurgy, now Mil Trad in 6 @ 60% (+42).

970 ad – (3) – elite MI kills redlined archer, no damage. Start troops towards Nuremberg. My goal will be Berlin, need care near Munich as that could get messy.

IBT -- vet pike south of Munich defends vs. knight, lose 1 and promote. Best unit showing is vet spear. Vet musket defends vs. longbow @ Nuremberg, wins and loses 2. They move troublesome settler right in front of us, covered only by an archer. Bon. settler -> knight.

980 ad – (4) – hit Nurem with treb, pike hurt, stays on top. Attack w/ vet longbow, perfect win. Spear showing. Attack w/ vet MI, wins, loses 1, promotes and burns Nuremburg. 3 new slaves. Crusader attacks reg archer, perfect win. No more troublesome settler. Elite MI perfect win on redlined archer. No leader. Vet MI kills vet archer, loses 2 and promotes. We took one of their iron, unknown if they have more. Cowboy Up founded NW of Okafor. Begin temple build. Troops advance towards Berlin armed with a new rallying cry.

IBT – Copan bank -> knight. Lagar settler -> musket. Quir market -> settler. Anda musket -> knight. Cuello aque -> library.

990 ad – (5) – trebs redline vet knight in hills outside Berlin. Decide to attack with 3/5 Varitek (MI). Why do I call him Varitek? Because his inspiring victory gives birth to a historical figure, Blue-Quetzal-Macaw. Blue immediately goes Uxmal to from army that will be filled with cavs in about four turns. Also in 990 ad, our intrepid sailors first circle our continent.

IBT – our elite knight successfully defends vs 2 MI, losing 2 health. Tikal musket -> knight. Tulum temple -> worker (not growing).

1000 ad – (6) – reorganize troops.

IBT – we lose MI to vet knight, 1 damage. Elite pike in mtns near Munich beats vet longbow, loses 1 health. Should now only be spear in Munich.

1010 ad – (7) – attack vet spear on hill w/ elite MI, wins redlined, captures settler. Reg MI loses vs spear in Munich, no damage. Elite Nomah avenges the death of his MI brother to knight. Loses 3 health, but MI brother is reborn in the form of Eighteen Rabbits, who forms another army awaiting arrival of superunits called “cavalry” in two turns. Vet crusader wins vs vet longbow. Vet longbow vs reg longbow, wins perfect.

IBT – CI cath -> coll. Now estimate 20k in year 2046 ad. Vilca barr -> cannon. Laz library -> musket. Hurry barr -> cannon. Our people expand the east wing of the palace.

1020 ad – (8) – vet long vs elite sword in hills, win, lose 1, promotes.

IBT – elite pike wins again vs vet longbow near Munich, now redlined. Mil Trad discovered, now on to physics in 6. Quir settler -> cannon. Tulum worker -> library.

1030 ad – (9) – Found city Yankees Suck east of Take out, start courthouse. Troops now in position to bombard Berlin, reg musket showing.

IBT – Bon cav -> settler. Atzca barr -> musket. Americans begin Copern AND Magellans, time to trade methinks.

1040 ad – (10) – Trade w/ US. They give Navigation, Printing press, WM, 178 gold, and 18 gpt for Economics. Sounds good to me. Vet MI vs vet spear in Munich, redlined and promotes. Reg spear showing. Elite longbow attacks across river, loses three and burns Munich to the dirt. 4 new slaves for the jungles. Trebs bombard Berlin. Redline reg musket, hurt reg pike. Hurt pike stays on top. Vet crusader redlined vs pike, promotes. Reg spear shows. Vet MI perfect vs spear. Redlined musket shows again. I’m gonna try for it. Vet MI wins, Berlin is ours. I clean up some loose troops.

So a recap: I kept Berlin only because it had Sun Tzus. It can still be abandoned if that’s what Pindicator desires. Otherwise I would say starve it immediately. There are seven resistors there. The second cav army is in Cuello, the other two cavs were just upgraded so they can be added next turn. There is a musket en route to Yankees Suck, will be there in two. Germans aren’t willing to give us much for peace. With the two armies, they could probably be eliminated in pretty short order. Physics is due in four. I think that’s about it for now.

EDIT: If you decide to keep Berlin, there are some barracks builds you'll want to cancel.

I still believe!

A shot of the current warzone:

Given the Easter Long Weekend, how long do you think we should give pindicator until his time is up?

Top Bottom