[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Awesome mod Dale!

Can you give an update on how the code for the CASA is coming along? Is it still 1vs1 in fast mode or more complex ?

Btw... ever since i installed your mod i get these "Get Here!" msg' in red text each round. Sometimes 1, sometimes 5 or more. Not quite sure what it is or does. A little annoying ... When i click on them in the event log, i sometimes get moved to a location, more more often than not it doesn't do anything.

Awesome mod Dale!

Can you give an update on how the code for the CASA is coming along? Is it still 1vs1 in fast mode or more complex ?

Btw... ever since i installed your mod i get these "Get Here!" msg' in red text each round. Sometimes 1, sometimes 5 or more. Not quite sure what it is or does. A little annoying ... When i click on them in the event log, i sometimes get moved to a location, more more often than not it doesn't do anything.

My little debug messages. :D Sorry. They were to tell me when the AI went through a particular section of code in the new AI airbombing logic so I could tell it was working. Just ignore them.

CASA is being worked on, and should hopefully be in the next update. :)

Has anyone had any problems playing with this mod in multiplayer? My friend and I both installed it, and it seems load fine for me to create the game. When I click Launch, howver, either myself or my friends program crashes after transferring the game file. it goes to the screen where it says initializing, then it pops up the window dialog that says Civ4 has encountered a problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

New fighter mission in the works: Engagement.

Sends a fighter to a location deliberately looking for aircraft to engage. If the fighter is not intercepted then it gets to attack the aircraft on the ground.

Thanks to Ambreville for the idea. :)

New fighter mission in the works: Engagement.

Sends a fighter to a location deliberately looking for aircraft to engage. If the fighter is not intercepted then it gets to attack the aircraft on the ground.

Thanks to Ambreville for the idea. :)

Sounds great, this way one can clear the way for the bombers! Excellent! Can't wait to try it!

Dear, Dale!
Can your add to your SDK max limit for civs 34, please? As I know it is not hard.
:)

Dale ..

I love the opportunity fire feature, but i think its somewhat overpowered. I sent 2 full health frigates (with high XP) to a enemy city, which happened to have 4 catapults and 1 trebuchet & 2 longbow men inside. The opporunity fire sunk my 24xp (cries) frigate and damaged the other one down to 0.3 health.

I've also noticed that stacks with many siege units get the same bonus walking around. If two stacks approach, they seem to decimate themselves quite well initially with just opportunity fire. Then add the extra ranged bombardment option and all the other units have to do is mop up very weak and nearly defeated units. Basically the stack that makes the first move and closes in on an enemy stack will get hammered with opportunity fire.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that opporunity fire is ment to provide for a zone of control type of thing for defenders, right? Here is my suggestion to limit its uberness:

Limit the amount of opportunity fire to 1 chance per plot! So even if you got 10 catapults on one plot, there will only be one shot from that tile.

-----

ANother question, do you have any plans of adding a "zone of control" type of feature seen in SMAC and older civ games? E.g. you can't move a unit to a square that is next to an enemy unit if you are already next to an enemy unit. Add a promotion (under flanking-structure) that allows you to disregard this. Would be kewl for the old-skool type of players who used to love this feature :D.

Hi, after loading this mod and entering custom game, choosing large map, big and small, with 9 civs, the game crashes every time. What can I do? You want some more info?

Edit: I should perhaps mention that the game crashes after it has loaded the map, but before the loading screen dissapeares.

Dale ..

I love the opportunity fire feature, but i think its somewhat overpowered. I sent 2 full health frigates (with high XP) to a enemy city, which happened to have 4 catapults and 1 trebuchet & 2 longbow men inside. The opporunity fire sunk my 24xp (cries) frigate and damaged the other one down to 0.3 health.

I've also noticed that stacks with many siege units get the same bonus walking around. If two stacks approach, they seem to decimate themselves quite well initially with just opportunity fire. Then add the extra ranged bombardment option and all the other units have to do is mop up very weak and nearly defeated units. Basically the stack that makes the first move and closes in on an enemy stack will get hammered with opportunity fire.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that opporunity fire is ment to provide for a zone of control type of thing for defenders, right? Here is my suggestion to limit its uberness:

Limit the amount of opportunity fire to 1 chance per plot! So even if you got 10 catapults on one plot, there will only be one shot from that tile.

Ummm...... that's how it is in real life. You do NOT approach emplaced artillery directly. :D

Also, I have no problems with the counter-battery fire that's occurring, as that's TOTALLY realistic. In WW1 & 2 an artillery gunner had an average front-life span of 15 minutes due to counter-battery fire.

Here's where my aim of making combined arms more important comes in. For emplaced artillery, use air power to soften them up. :)

-----

ANother question, do you have any plans of adding a "zone of control" type of feature seen in SMAC and older civ games? E.g. you can't move a unit to a square that is next to an enemy unit if you are already next to an enemy unit. Add a promotion (under flanking-structure) that allows you to disregard this. Would be kewl for the old-skool type of players who used to love this feature :D.

No. I'm sorry but I find it very unrealistic to believe that one division can adequately control 9 plots to ensure an enemy division could not enter them.

Hi, after loading this mod and entering custom game, choosing large map, big and small, with 9 civs, the game crashes every time. What can I do? You want some more info?

When you installed, did you install to "Program files" or "Documents and settings"?

Also, open the \Mods\DalesCombatMod\ folder and check there is a couple of folders and an ini file. One of the folders should be called Assets.

Lastly, please confirm you are running BtS patch 3.13.

Oh lol, forgot that i just recently reinnstalled BTS, and don't run 3.13.

I innstalled it to Program files. I will update tomorrow, I am sure it will work then. Thanks anyway :) This mod looks great!

When you installed, did you install to "Program files" or "Documents and settings"?

Also, open the \Mods\DalesCombatMod\ folder and check there is a couple of folders and an ini file. One of the folders should be called Assets.

Lastly, please confirm you are running BtS patch 3.13.

Which folder should it be installed to?

Ummm...... that's how it is in real life. You do NOT approach emplaced artillery directly. :D

Also, I have no problems with the counter-battery fire that's occurring, as that's TOTALLY realistic. In WW1 & 2 an artillery gunner had an average front-life span of 15 minutes due to counter-battery fire.

Here's where my aim of making combined arms more important comes in. For emplaced artillery, use air power to soften them up. :)

No. I'm sorry but I find it very unrealistic to believe that one division can adequately control 9 plots to ensure an enemy division could not enter them.

hmm... perhaps a limit as to how much damage opportunity fire can do? Just wondering :)

About the ZOC request... well i guess you got a point. I just always liked that aspect of the older games. Despite all my attempts, i couldn't convince anyone to make this :(. I don't suppose you could at least offer it as an option (perhaps by default turned off if you disapprove of it?). please?? :)

Won't be hard at all. There's no DLL mods in NextWar. Just need to integrate the Unit XMLs. As long as Dale is okay with it, I was planning on merging my own NextWar mod with DCM and providing it for download once he has an 'official' release done.

I love JKP's mod and DCM so I hope to see this soon!

Has anyone set up the bombard accuracy tags to resemble a realistic rate? IE snipers 95%, archers 30%, etc etc. (assuming they are all 100% after install.) Also, does this affect oppurtunity fire correctly? (ref. post #145)

Engagement sounds awesome too, but I want the AoD scenario, darn it! :D

I like the mod... just would have liked it if the Ranged Bombardment had the option to inflict damage on enemy units.

Top Bottom