PH13: The Book and the Hammer

alright, alright, you'se two ~ i've had my fill of ass remarks :lol:

techwise, I'm going to go with Econ > Corp > Steam Power > Rear-embly Line. from there, I was thinking get those Plants up and running, beeline to Combustion, Industrialism for Panzers and we're off to war! We also need to make sure we HAVE rifling as Infantry requires it. I'll check on that.

I'd also like to get another small stack on our eastern border with france. In case war opens up, i'd like to be able to swipe those 3 cities.

forgot this ~ frankfurt ~ my submission for globe.

Done in 19 w/o the whip and working all hills. The +6 culture (along with religious bldgs) will net us that sugar, too, for more food. I say we lay it down here.

forgot this ~ frankfurt ~ my submission for globe.

Done in 19 w/o the whip and working all hills. The +6 culture (along with religious bldgs) will net us that sugar, too, for more food. I say we lay it down here.
That works for me.

Frankfurt looks very nice for drafting. The troops will even be at our borders already. If we draft infantry we need at least pop7 (to be at pop5 after the draft) so I don't see that much delay in drafting even without that sugar.

BTW nice to see that at least one of ph's games is on a good way ;)

BTW nice to see that at least one of ph's games is on a good way
IMHO it is happening too much on this days :p PH-12 was a quiet ride and PH-11 was never out of control. Pholk is clearly losing skills :lol:

Pholk is clearly losing skills :lol:
Clearly you're not reading any of my other SGs ~

Sorry about the delay all. I lost my power last night out here in the boonies north of Philly for no reason that I could gather ~ only a very mild storm, but oh well. Here’s my report, a day late ~ seems I’m the biggest culprit of delaying the game!

I started off by MMing our cities. At Munich, I whink we should keep a couple forest for the hammers, but otherwise farm it out. Cologne could due with turning the plains and maybe a grassland or two into workshops. And I think the internet might not be a bad idea, maybe after Radio, go for computers for labs and Internet?? Frankfurt is building a grocer, but we aren't producing that much commerce and can't hire merchants. I'm going to change that to the globe now (20 turns). I further MMed it down to 16 turns. I’m going to have Essen focus on hammers now. It should build culture buildings, and maybe even culture itself to get that iron back. it will be a mad production city. Dortmund, another good hammer factory, is MMed for production.

The techpath is set for Econ > Corporation > Steam Power. I’m going to stop there and the next player can go up to AL.

Turn 218/500 (1540 AD) [18-May-2008 12:41:07]

yeah, right. I"m going to side with Louis! Hah.

A diplo vote came up again:

Went with Abstain of course. Hopefully we don’t lose next turn. At Munich, the worker finished and I'm going to have it make some units this set i think. I’ll also focus on the jungles for farms there. In all, I had about 4 or 5 cities ending up building grenadiers this set. It helped a lot!

Turn 219/500 (1545 AD) [18-May-2008 12:47:05]
Sweet!

Surya and Louis signed peace, while Auggie wanted us to jump in against Toku. I said no.

Islam spread to Dortmund on the IT, and I started Oxford at Berlin. I was going to wait until the end of the set and get some discussion, but I made an executive decision. To me, that w/all the settled scientists there, Berlin will be producing the most science anyway all game, so it seemed like the natural spot.

Agh ~ a market got constructed! doh. and at Hamburg! That place is a production center if i ever saw one. And a uni was in queue at Essen? It IS the highest culture building, so i am thoroughly humbled.

Turn 220/500 (1550 AD) [18-May-2008 12:52:09]
Buddhism into Essen on the IT, and this guy stopped by:

No thanks.

There was a theatre in queue at Stuttgart. I started to get annoyed here at the seemingly large number of queued buildings in our cities. I Stutt. to an aqueduct as we're above healthy cap. I also turned off growth for a bit and added one more scientist.

We birthed another GS:

Merged at Berlin. We’ll get another GP in 18 turns, too. We should save one for a GAge once we get Assembly Line, I think, to aid in production. We should really consider another civics swap then, as Caste System will lose it’s appeal ~ unless it’s for the extra hammer on workshops.

Turn 221/500 (1555 AD) [18-May-2008 12:56:28]
Louis wants a trade now:

Uhh, let me think. No. And more religion: this time Buddhism in Cologne!

And:

Corp next of course.

Turn 222/500 (1560 AD) [18-May-2008 12:59:28]
I made this trade to continue 100% research a little longer:

Turn 223/500 (1565 AD) [18-May-2008 13:00:46]
We popped a copper!

We have to consider this, too: w/railroads, lumber mills will be 3 hammers. Engineers are 2 hammers plus 3 beakers. Hmm.., w/Assembly Plants and forges online in all cities, we’ll have 5 engineer slots open. Should we shoot for that in most cities, besides the production powerhouses. Remember, they are going to be most of our science, so we should employ as many as possible, I think.

Turn 224/500 (1570 AD) [18-May-2008 13:03:04]
Nothing but worker moves! Sometimes it’s more fun to do worker actions in SGs ~ gives you a good sense of visible progress.

Turn 225/500 (1575 AD) [18-May-2008 13:04:30]

On to Steam Power!

Turn 226/500 (1580 AD) [18-May-2008 13:05:09]
Toku and Auggie have signed peace, too, now. I started a grocer for health in Stuttgart as it’s unhealthy now; better than harbor it seemed to me, for the health bonus.

I was also thinking that maybe we should convert to workshops all around once we hit the production mode for more and more hammers. let's see how many we can get in all cities total!! Of course, this conflicts with the “get as many engineers as possible idea,” but with Biologied-grassland farms, we’d only need 5 of them for the 5 engineers, and the rest could be shopped! We get an extra food, too, with State Property, if we revolt to it.

Turn 227/500 (1585 AD) [18-May-2008 13:08:26]

No again.

Turn 228/500 (1590 AD) [18-May-2008 13:09:34]
New vote for AP leader: toku vs auggie. I took AC of course.

Turn 229/500 (1595 AD) [18-May-2008 13:10:59]

Notice the 2 voting blocs ~

Turn 230/500 (1600 AD) [18-May-2008 13:12:18]
Moses has been born in a foreign land!?!?! NOW?!?!

I took a good look at Essen this turn, too. I don't think we're going to win the culture war any time soon as I’ve been building culture and haven't gotten anywhere really. I’m just going to a straight prod town with the tiles we have now. we should farm 4 of those jungles and workshop the 5th. Or rather, farm 5, shop 2. Once we take Bombay, we’ll have the iron.

Turn 231/500 (1605 AD) [18-May-2008 13:15:37]
10 Million German Souls:

After I roaded our new copper, I see that we should mill and shop all of cologne ~ that’ll really get the hammers going!

Turn 232/500 (1610 AD) [18-May-2008 13:18:26]
Dang!

We have a coal source, too, near Essen and France. We’ll have to now proceed directly to AL, and fire our scientists once we get there. We’re at 0% science now, with AL in 14. We should look, maybe, to sell another tech around for more cash.

Also: research is going to die once we hit fire our scientists, so let's plan ahead for that. Where should we head next?? More military techs? Straight for the SS techs?? Personally, I think we should see what things are like AFTER we make The Great Leap Forward and have all our Eng’s hire.

I still think a GAge is in order once we get to AL. I also think we should declare on louis rather quickly after that. Take out those 3 cities just east of us, and use the money for some deficit research. With what army you ask?

If we could, i'd like to eliminate France and India rather quickly. If we can take those 2 plus surya, we've taken out the entire other bloc of civs. and unfortunately for them, they don't share religions! We can then figure out what to do about getting rid of our other rivals.

Here’s a Cases Blue and Purple for wars 1 and 2, coming to an empire near you once AL hits!

For the 2nd war, obviously bombay is the city to go for first. It looks like a lot of culture in delhi and bombay, too, even though AC is in the lead for culture at 6000 for his top 3 apiece. We’ll have to watch him.

Let’s build some mostly siege now that we’re getting low on funds, a bunch of trebs will make things smoother for our grenadiers!!

Roster:
pholkhero >> just played
Quotey >> UP NOW
Kodii >> on deck
R_rolo
LKendter
Mystyfly

:scan: Trying to find the hidden save. :scan:

Indiana pholk and the lost save : How many times i saw that one ..... :lol:

As we don't have a save to look at, I can only guess... How is the tech trading departement? Without seeing that i would think on railroads after AL.....

And to add, Mr pholk, as we're going to space, there is a certain building that gives a free engineer and 2 more eng slots ( with a heavy :yuck: ) that you didn't considered ;) yeah, I know that is is far away....

A question. Can we keep Gandhi as vassal for the tech milking?

a save?

hmmm . . . .

i suppose ~

i didn't count the Ind Park simply b/c its so far down the line, and I don't even know if we'll be able to employ more than 5 at many cities. and I don't care about gandhi, but I think after we take him over, I can't imagine he'll be teching all that much.

Attachments

• PH13 AD-1610.CivBeyondSwordSave
    280.1 KB · Views: 70
oohhhhh, the new Military Adviser! I see that you managed to press 'screenshot' bewteen blinks :D. What does the sit-rep look like?

Will edit in Pictures later.

Turn 0 (232)

Go through the cities. Did you know that if you click on the flag it takes you to the capital? Really cool.

Also: new BUG feature I have not seen shown off:

I set the cities to max engineers as we are in the Ind.. Age. I know we can wait until Plants but it seems right to me.

More BUG features:

:wow:

Turn 1 (232)

Mouse whips round and closes Civ. Damn mouse. I need a new one.

Turn 3 (235)

Notice we are having a few health problems but haven't hooked up the sheep. :weed:

Clicking the log is like playing Russian Roulette.

Worked.

Turn 5 (237)

Liz demands Nationalism, and I refuse. She's on the other end of the map.

I'm behind a turn- that might have happened on 4. I pop a GS and settle in Berlin. He lowers Assembly Line to 8 turns from 9. Cool.

Turn 7 (239)

Y'know what's strange? Mansa and Gandhi always see to go for Millitary Tradition. Trade for Rifling at the expense of Steam Power to the Caeser. Hope this was not a bad idea, I'm always reluctant to trade in SGs. Draft a Rifle out of Frankfurt.

Also, I notice this:

Woo! Take that, ya French Pig! We got Coal!

Turn 9 (241)

Gusta' musta' mist'a wond'a as he has 1320 gold. I look at what Mil Sci gives and deicde that 1320 for it is a good deal. I'd probably find a way to trade a useless tech to him but it's probably NTB (oy).

Yeah, I traded away our tech lead to the top guy. Happens.

Turn 12 (244)

That tech came in. An industrial reovlution begins. All scientists are fired, and put to work. Several well timed Assembly Plants will start 3 turns before the coal gets hooked up.

Tokie demands we cancel deals with our Roman chums. Nah. It puts him donw to Pleased :(

Neapolis is captured by Rome. Or taken back. I draft an Infantry from Frankfurt mainly because I can.

Turn 13 (245)

Steel comes in. Research set to Railroad but decide to stop this turn.

We could do Sci Meth, but that will obsolete the GL. Suggest not to research Sci Meth until: We will research Biology RIGHT AFTER, and we have out Assembly Plants up.

Sci Meth also leads to Communism, so that is a research target after Bio. Suggest: Railroad, Sci Meth, Bio, Communism, Fascism. We might not need anything else, but then shoot for Artillery?

We have a MASSIVE army hanging about in Essen (we have a lot of production) to start the war against Louis please, Kodii

Roster:
pholkhero
Quotey >> just played
Kodii >> UP NOW
R_rolo >> on deck
LKendter
Mystyfly

LKendter of the FUTURE! said:
:scan: Trying to find the hidden save. :scan:

Oh, hush. I forgot it, okay!

Attachments

• PH13 AD-1625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    282.7 KB · Views: 58
Hope this was not a bad idea, I'm always reluctant to trade in SGs.
i hear ya. usually, i'm reluctant due to WFYABTA, but i've rarely ran into this in my SP games (which means i should trade more probably).

good job on getting us starting on modernizing germany. techwise, i have to say we should go for Combustion and Ind for panzers next. if sci method is on the way, let's save it until we NEED it, and grab Bio, too. The extra food will help out just as we're getting our Plants online w/more engineer slots available.

Mmmm . . . french city appetizers . . . :drool:

Got it, but I am extremely pressed for time until Monday, so if I could get a swap that would be fantastic! :)

Top Bottom