Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

Thanks Sneaks :). Does it break a savegame if I do it in a game I already started?

Found a few more strange things: war declerations against dead civilizations. After I wiped out Bismarck a few city states and nations declared war to <no name was shown> but you did see the icon belonging to Germany.

I'm currently playing a game with Egypt, speed Epic, 11 Civs, Normal Map, 12 CS. I had few crashes in early game, and a lot of crashes a current time (turn 350, researching Rifling), reloading has always solved but it's very unlikely :(

The game play is great, i only the impression that medieval times comes to soon and ends to far (actually only with rifling), i think a balancement of knight/swordmen/musketman/lancers is needed.

Knowing Grave and knowing HitM for Civ4 there is no doubt that new technologies, a better balance and more added fun will be part of HitM II someday.

I haven't run into any crashes yet and I'm slowly conquering the world in my game.

You do have a properly reserved slot for the LeoPaRd mod along side Thal's Balances, Alpaca's PwM, and a few more!
It only took me a formal announcement on CFC's Page 1 to realize HiTM was actually ready for some re_actions.

Glad to see major modders of our community are actively updating their stuff for CiV... that ought to shut down the negativeness we've been suffering through for months.
If anything, official patches are becoming a sub-component of gameplay while great MODS do the hard solid facts for true TBS gamers -- with style & rational gimmicks of their own.

Looking forward for some extras during the following months - indeed!
Welcome back, we missed you.
;)

Noticed 2 more strange things: years after I eradicted the Germans they stopped being the ally of a city state. I reckon they should stop being an ally once they're exterminated :).

The help text for the museum is lacking too.

There is also something I'm not certain of but I get the idea that some policies don't enhance the happiness or culture when they say they should. Is anyone else having suspicions in that direction?

Grave, I run into an error with displaying graphics for my East Indiaman. It's not a ship in your mod but in the Dutch Civilization mod. Instead of a ship it displays 10 men 'walking over water'. It's not a huge annoyance and I secretly hope you know what the problem is.

When using CCMAT I never ran into this error.

This makes sense, given that grave overwrites unit art defines, meaning any custom unit graphic will simply be turned into spearmen

Sounds logical but is there a "work-around"?

Also noticed 2 errors: the help text for the granary is missing and Chemistry claims to allow building of Cannons. Cannons are available with Gunpowder though.

There is certainly a workaround. Go into your mods folder, find the matching artdefines XMLs for the Dutch civ and HitM. Scroll down until you find the Dutch unique unit information, and copy the <UnitArtInfo> for it. Paste that into the XML for HitM and save it. Now, rename or delete the artdefines XML for the Dutch civ.

Thanks Sneaks :). Does it break a savegame if I do it in a game I already started?

Found a few more strange things: war declerations against dead civilizations. After I wiped out Bismarck a few city states and nations declared war to <no name was shown> but you did see the icon belonging to Germany.

Correctamundo. The only way to make these two mods work is to manually modify the affected XML files like Sneaks said.

It shouldn't break any save games, since Civ V loads everything into a database before you play. But I can't confirm this... best thing to do is try it out.

Hello Grave,

First of all, thanks for your hard work - plays out just splendid :D

However, I seem to have problems with loading a saved game. I use your last version v2 with civ5 dlx edition + dlc spain & inca.
I'm sorry if I double post someone else's question.

Thanks for your following up my issue.

Btw - do you like me to upload any of savegame files that keep crashing ?

Most current version is v3... and it should solve your CTD issue. ;)

I'm currently playing a game with Egypt, speed Epic, 11 Civs, Normal Map, 12 CS. I had few crashes in early game, and a lot of crashes a current time (turn 350, researching Rifling), reloading has always solved but it's very unlikely :(

The game play is great, i only the impression that medieval times comes to soon and ends to far (actually only with rifling), i think a balancement of knight/swordmen/musketman/lancers is needed.

Sounds good... do you have any proposals for balance? I'm all up for suggestions! :)

You do have a properly reserved slot for the LeoPaRd mod along side Thal's Balances, Alpaca's PwM, and a few more!
It only took me a formal announcement on CFC's Page 1 to realize HiTM was actually ready for some re_actions.

Glad to see major modders of our community are actively updating their stuff for CiV... that ought to shut down the negativeness we've been suffering through for months.
If anything, official patches are becoming a sub-component of gameplay while great MODS do the hard solid facts for true TBS gamers -- with style & rational gimmicks of their own.

Looking forward for some extras during the following months - indeed!
Welcome back, we missed you.
;)

Thanks! :goodjob:

But... what's LeoPaRd? :lol:

Noticed 2 more strange things: years after I eradicted the Germans they stopped being the ally of a city state. I reckon they should stop being an ally once they're exterminated :).

The help text for the museum is lacking too.

There is also something I'm not certain of but I get the idea that some policies don't enhance the happiness or culture when they say they should. Is anyone else having suspicions in that direction?

Not sure... maybe this is a bug in Civ V itself? :confused:

History in the Making II. Thal's balance mods (he combined them into a single mod now). Echoes of Ages.
Does someone know if it is possible to use those three at the same time, or is there interferance with each other?

There would be interference. I don't suggest loading other mods that alter gameplay elements or mechannics, since HiTM2 changes a few of these already. One will overwrite the other, which can give undesired results. The only mods I really recommend enabling with HiTM2 are UI mods (since I don't incorporate any) and mods that add new game mechanics (but don't alter existing ones).

around turn 20 or 30 my game just crashes, the only thing thats different on mine is that i changed america around to have a different unique unit and a unique building nothing new im using the default art for a tank and a garden. would this be causing the crash thanks btw im reallying liking the mod it saved my civ 5 experiences. so i thank you greatly

What about Echoes of Ages? Should that work? I think it only adds new buildings.
By the way, it there any chance you would incorporate Thal's Combined to create a more balanced HitM experience?

I never played EoA, so I can't confirm nor deny compatibility. Just try it out and see what happens. :crazyeye:

While Thal's mods are a cornerstone of the Civ V experience, I don't plan on fully merging his balance mods with HiTM2. I may use portions of them, or be inspired by some of his ideas, but I want HiTM2's gameplay changes to be original. That's what made the original HiTM for Civ IV such a cult success. :)

around turn 20 or 30 my game just crashes, the only thing thats different on mine is that i changed america around to have a different unique unit and a unique building nothing new im using the default art for a tank and a garden. would this be causing the crash thanks btw im reallying liking the mod it saved my civ 5 experiences. so i thank you greatly

You're welcome! :goodjob:

It's possible that your modifications are causing the CTD. It all depends on what you changed, and if you did it correctly. I would suggest making your changes as an independent mod itself, then simply enable it with HiTM2 and go from there.

Grave, thought you should be aware, that pretty soon Whys, et al will be using an updated Custom Notification system, so keep an eye out for an update, as it will change the way in which Building Resources work.

Just a crashing update. I had mentioned previously that I continuously had crashing problems with this mod around turn 200 regardless of the map size. I tried the mod Call to Power and had the same problem.

On the Tech support forum I found a thread talking about verifying game files via steam to prevent crashing. I did that and found that I had 2 corrupted files. Going to try another game and hope that solves the crashing issue.

If anyone else is having crashing problems, try this solution. If it works for me like it did for the poster in the Tech forum, I'll update here.

Grave, thought you should be aware, that pretty soon Whys, et al will be using an updated Custom Notification system, so keep an eye out for an update, as it will change the way in which Building Resources work.

Just a crashing update. I had mentioned previously that I continuously had crashing problems with this mod around turn 200 regardless of the map size. I tried the mod Call to Power and had the same problem.

On the Tech support forum I found a thread talking about verifying game files via steam to prevent crashing. I did that and found that I had 2 corrupted files. Going to try another game and hope that solves the crashing issue.

If anyone else is having crashing problems, try this solution. If it works for me like it did for the poster in the Tech forum, I'll update here.

Both of these are good to know! :goodjob:

can anyone tell me where do i have to put this mod file to run it in the game?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

thanx! :goodjob:

Grave, ty for probably amazing mod (haven´t played it yet :crazyeye: ), but unfortunately, I´m having a strange problem with resources.
Every time I start a game, with your mod enabled, all of the resources, bonus tiles and improvements are - gone.
At first I thought this was a balancing thing, making good starting locations harder to find, but after several starting positions without any resource close by, I decided to use DebugPanel=1 option :D to check the map.
Result - not a single resource or tile bonus on the whole map.

The game is patched, I have both Babylon and Inca DLCs, and beside your mod, I´m using Perfect World and InfoAddict mods (which have no effect disabled or enabled).

Am I missing something? :)
Tech Tree is looking OK (no scrolling problems or anything like that), unit and building cost balances are in place...

Looking forward to your reply :)

Hangover
all resources need a tech discovery to reveal them
like horses or iron in the base game
makes for a completely different exp doesn't it

Top Bottom