ShadowNES: The Age of Supremacy

Section on Colonization has been added, and a few cosmetic changes have been made.

Deadline has set for September 5th.

EDIT: Added a claims list, with NPCs, at the top of the 2nd post.

Well . .. .. .. ., I don't think there is a nation left I want to play :sad:

Well, if I find something else I'm interested in, you can have Singharasi. I'll go through everything again tomorrow morning and see.

Would it be possible to use the newer map? This map is rather flawed in terms of cities and borders.

Would it be possible to use the newer map? This map is rather flawed in terms of cities and borders.

Several reasons. The main one is that it is largely unfinished, as the modern cities look ugly. It's difficult to do it myself, as Symphony has not revealed the technique for making the cities, and I have no desire to force you guys to hunt down the names for the cities so that he can do them.

Hamburk
CAPITAL: Hamburk
RULER: ? / NPC
GOVERNMENT: Merchant Republic (Clever)
CENTRALIZATION: Federation
POPULATION: Tiny (1)
AREA: Tiny (1)
CONFIDENCE: Meagre
ECONOMY: Stable (5/7/2)
TECH. GRADE: Early Exploration Age
ARMY FORCES: 10 Regiments (Regular)
ARMY BASIC: Regular
NAVY FORCES: 15 Squadrons (Hardened)
NAVY BASIC: Hardened
MILITARY EDUCATION: Qualified
EDUCATION: Learned
LIVING STANDARDS: Comfortable
INFRASTRUCTURE: Great
PROJECTS: <Variable>
BACKGROUND: Hamburk - or Hamburg, as its German population calls it - was for long a center of commerce of local significance, at the least, and no wars could end its status as such. After the downfall of the first, Carolingian, Frankish empire, the mercantile elite of Hamburk has secured independence for their city in all but in name, not entirely unlike the one Venice enjoyed before its fall to the Sultan Rumad; indeed, Hamburk became the northern Venice, and for a short while in the 10th-11th centuries even dominated the Baltic and North Sea trade. After that, it declined rapidly, and this coincided with growth of outside threats to it. The city was even conquered, but not destroyed, by a Wendish warlord, Drevoslav, who made it the capital of his short-lived northern state. After his death, his successors were overthrown and the city asked for Swedish protection from Poles, Franks and local German/Wendish rulers alike. Under the Swedish rule, Hamburk prospered again, but in the late 14th century declined once more and also lost much of its early political autonomy. In the end, this was used well by the Poles who incited a revolt in the city, and by the peace treaty of Visby that ended the Baltic War Hamburk gained full independence and some nearby lands, becoming a buffer state between the Polish empire in Germany and Sweden. But with the downfall of Poland in the 1430s, Hamburk was ever more threatened by the Swedes, and survived only due to its strong walls and alliance with Britannia...

@Abaddon, Kentharu: Numerous states with potential still exist in the Indian Ocean region. I'd particularly like a player for Sinhala and Telingana.

All of the nations have a "?" under ruler. While I have done research into ruler names for many of the nations, players will have the opportunity to pick an appropriate name for their nation's leader. Those that aren't picked in the first update will be done by me.

to: Britannia
We wish to reaffirm our alliance with you.

lurker's comment: in your premise you say the Khazars chose Islam over Christianity. However the Khazars chose Judaism. So the correct way the sentance should go is "...chose the Moon and Crescent over the Menorah."

lurker's comment: in your premise you say the Khazars chose Islam over Christianity. However the Khazars chose Judaism.
That is why this sort of NES is commonly referred to as an 'alternate history' NES. The huge Bulgarian empire didn't tip you off? :p

lurker's comment: in your premise you say the Khazars chose Islam over Christianity. However the Khazars chose Judaism.

Which was a very odd decision. Judaism was chosen because it was considered politically neutral, as choosing Islam or Christianity would've implied that they were throwing their support to one side or another. They did so in this timeline, hence the seeming dominance of Islam over Christianity.

That is why this sort of NES is commonly referred to as an 'alternate history' NES. The huge Bulgarian empire didn't tip you off? :p

If you didnt notice I edited the statement already so nahnah. The way its set up is insinuating the way it occured in our reality is they chose the cross, and in this reality that didnt happen.

If you didnt notice I edited the statement already so nahnah. The way its set up is insinuating the way it occured in our reality is they chose the cross, and in this reality that didnt happen.
Yes, ninjaedits FTW/L. :)

To keep this mildly on topic: I can haz link to timeline?

Retroactive deletion.

Top Bottom