Really Advanced Setup

I tried starting a multiplayer game last night just to see what is involved. It looks like multiplayer uses a different setup screen than single player. That probably means that the mod would have to be entirely rewritten in order to work with multiplayer. I need to do some further checking. But as of right now it would probably take a lot of time to get it working. So getting a multiplayer version working looks doubtful as of right now. But it's not quite 100% ruled out. I'll post something after I do some further checking.

Nothing showing up besides the vanilla interface. I go to single player>setup game then click on "advanced setup" right?

Nothing showing up besides the vanilla interface. I go to single player>setup game then click on "advanced setup" right?

Mods > enable the mod > Next (not Back!) > Single Player > Setup Game > Advanced Setup.

Just to be sure. Is Really Advanced Setup enabled in the Civ 5 mods screen?

I apologize for asking a question that would be obvious to anyone who has experience with Civ 5 modding. But I thought I'd ask just to make sure this isn't the first mod you have tried using.

Just to be sure. Is Really Advanced Setup enabled in the Civ 5 mods screen?

I apologize for asking a question that would be obvious to anyone who has experience with Civ 5 modding. But I thought I'd ask just to make sure this isn't the first mod you have tried using.

It is actually my first mod. Yeah, in the mod screen to the right of Really Advanced Setup, the green circle with the checkmark in it, is lit up.

I've never run accross a situation where the mod didn't show up after the two suggestions above where tried. (Thanks Klisz - for the first suggestion.)

You could try clearing the Civ 5 cache. I have no exact reason to believe it would help in this situation. But I have found that clearing the cache does fix a lot different issues with Civ 5 mods.

If you are not familiar with the process of clearing the Civ 5 cache. Here is how:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.

Edit: - I forgot to mention. You will need to re-enable the mod after you restart the game.

Thanks everyone for you help. I tried it and it didn't work at first, but then I read on steam that it also helps to delete the ModUserData folder so I did. The mods didn't even show up at first, but then they did, so I enabled them clicked next and went into single player and it still didn't work. I back out and tried clicking next again and that time it was working. The Civ V's mods menu must be buggy.

Yes. The game's mod interface is a bit flaky.

How can I use this mod to make certain resources be the main luxury resource near my starting city, without them being in addition to other luxuries? For example, I'm playing as Leugi's Philistine civ, which has a UB that receives bonuses on wine and wheat resources. So I tried to use this mod to craft a starting location that featured wine as the main luxury resource around my starting location, as well as a couple wheat. I found that it just added the specified amounts of wheat and wine to the starting location while keeping all the other resources there too, so I had gold, a lot of incense, a whole bunch of wheat, and my specified amount of wine. That obviously made my start location way overpowered. So is there a way to use this mod to replace the main luxury with the one you desire? Because I was just trying to get a starting location that had wine as the main luxury there, but instead I got a location with incense as the main luxury, while also adding wine as a second main luxury, which was just too powerful of the start. Basically, I don't want to use this mod to cheat the system, I just want to use it to get a starting location that best suits the civ's uniques, while still keeping it at the same power as other start locations.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to replace resources with other resources.

But you could give the same starting resources to each of the AI players. That would hopefully even things out.

Or you could use the Map Panel and have the resources randomly scattered around the map. That way there's no built in advantage for any single player.

So I want to add some sprinkles to natural wonders, but if I do that will I also have to edit the count as well? I'm not sure if those fields are separated. I don't want to add the sprinkles but leave the count at "1" under the assumption that they are independent from each other.

Sorry for the double post, but something else came up. After going into the really advanced settings and raising the players to 22 and city states to 41, I go back to the "modding game setup" menu, under "map size: huge" it still shows as 12 players with 24 city states. If I start the game from the really advanced settings menu, my character is randomized. Nothing against mother theresa, but yeah.

Count is the number of wonders that will be attempted to be placed (conditions permitting - not guaranteed). If you select sprinkles then they are placed around each wonder for that list entry. You can have some wonders that include sprinkles and other wonders that do not include sprinkles by setting different options before adding each to the list.

Did you change the map size? When you change that option (and possible a few others that I can't remember off hand) the number of civs and city state are reset to their default values for the new map size.

Hello there.

Great mod, been using it a few times to create fun games with awesome starting location.

I have a question though, is it possible at all to set a difficulty modifier for player and another one for AIs ? I'd love to play with chieftain bonuses while the AI remains Deity.

I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I don't think it is. But I'll add the idea to my notes for future development just in case I find out that it is possible.

With that being said. I do something similar to that now. I play on deity which is several levels above where I usually play. But then I give myself a bunch of perks to offset the higher difficulty level somewhat.

I give myself some extra starting gold, culture, faith, techs, and starting units. Plus I add a few extra resources around my starting location. Then just to make it a little more interesting. I use the map panel to add a very very large number of resources across the entire map. By adding both strategic and luxury resources. It helps the AI (and myself) to build a bunch of large prosperous cities. This tends to make wars a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I don't think it is. But I'll add the idea to my notes for future development just in case I find out that it is possible.

With that being said. I do something similar to that now. I play on deity which is several levels above where I usually play. But then I give myself a bunch of perks to offset the higher difficulty level somewhat.

I give myself some extra starting gold, culture, faith, techs, and starting units. Plus I add a few extra resources around my starting location. Then just to make it a little more interesting. I use the map panel to add a very very large number of resources across the entire map. By adding both strategic and luxury resources. It helps the AI (and myself) to build a bunch of large prosperous cities. This tends to make wars a lot of fun.
hi do you know why I can not puppet conquer cities with this mod?
can you please help me?

I've had this mentioned a few times but I never experienced it myself. Although I'm not certain, as far as I can tell it's not directly caused by my mod.

You could try clearing the Civ 5 cache.

Clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5, enable just this mod, and load it in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.
5. If the game now works then try re-enabling some or all of the other mods.

You could also try verifying the integrity of the game cache which is a different process and is done within the Steam interface. (This can be done for just about any steam game.)

This mod doesn't work with No Quitters Mod. When I have both active the interface is empty and I have to shut down the game because all the buttons don't work.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm not upgrading the mod at this time so I'm not sure if I can look into it.

You might want to try clearing the Civ 5 cache. I have no direct reason to believe it will fix this problem but it has fixed a lot of different problems in the past so it's worth a shot. Check the post above for directions.

Top Bottom