pre-TNESIV: Let The Bodies Hit The Four

The Tumenates of Anadoliin - cicero
Government: Tribal Warlord League. Individual khatans rule over their domains, ruthlessly attacking rivals and enemies as they see fit. They will occasionally associate to face common enemies.
Initiative: Unhindered. [Ancient ties, neglected, with the Kanishah. Distant cousins in Magyarstan.]
Society: Mongolian majority in the highlands, small populations of Armenians scattered throughout the region. Greek majorities in Pontos, Trabzon, Smyrna and Antalya. Majority Rasudi Shi'a, with a medium-sized Orthodox minority, and small Buddhist and Coptic minorities.
Factions [Strength/Confidence]: Tumenate of Gazaguzen [3/2], Tumenate of Barudali [4/2], Tumenate of Khatankhund [4/3], Tumenate of Otynbo [2/3], Lesser Tumenates [2/2] Greek Merchants [2/4]
Faction Descriptions: Tumenate of Gazaguzen – Controls the highland interior of Anatolia. Prefers to cooperate with nobody and staunchly defend its own independence. Hates Barudali almost as much as the Arabs or Romans.
Tumenate of Barudali – Often a target of Genoese raids, Barudali is the source of Aegean piracy and slaving. The Tumen himself is actually quite tolerant of Christianity and surrounds himself with Greek courtiers and slaves.
Tumenate of Khatankhund – The most powerful of the Tumenates. Has an ancient and deadly rivalry with Rome; proudly displays imperial relics from the 13th century Sack of Constantinople. Current leadership conservative and resists acting alone.
Tumenate of Otynbo – Decendants of warriors expelled from Aleppo by the Alshamids a generation or two ago. Extremely unhappy about the Arabs but not really in a position to do anything about it.
Lesser Tumenates – Blow with the wind. Perhaps a great warlord could arise from among them.
Greek Merchants – Surprisingly quite happy with Mongol rule, as they are afforted religious tolerance and self-governance by most khatans, and Genoan/Roman taxes are actually awful.
Economy: Pastoralist subsistence economy in the highlands, supplemented by slavery and a coastal trading and maritime economy.
Taxation: Low. No centralized state administration for tax collection exists; the entirety of the elite volunteers for military service as a cultural right and duty. The Christians are sporadically subject to the jizya, but this varies by Tumenate.
Armies/Navies [Size/Morale/Supply]: Tumen of Gazaguzen [5,000/Confident/Replenished], Tumen of Barudali [7,000/Confident/Replenished], Tumen of Khatankhund [12,000/Spirited/Replenished], Tumen of Otynbu [3,000/Confident/Replenished] / Pirate Fleet of Barudali [25/Confident/Replenished]
Military Description: Exceptional light cavalry with remarkable esprit de corps. The ancient compound bow has been replaced with long guns, but Mongol cavalry are still loath to close to melee combat. Levied Greek spearmen and Armenian mercenaries supplement the elite. Small, sleek galleys for raiding.
Prestige: 0

I'd just like to highlight that angst (who is himself Danish, and playing Denmark) actually wrote music for the upcoming NES. This is the baseline level of dedication I expect from my players. :p If you want to learn more about his music theory ideas, check it out on the Frontier sister thread.

Check it out:

Link to video.

I won't be in the country from Friday to next Sunday (10 or so days from now) so I will have to sit turn one out.

Can I havsome more information on Albia-Norway? It's time for me to start writing.
Here's what I figured for now: (please do tell me if any of this feels 'out')
- The Norwegians were more succesful than OTL in Britain and ended up establishing a kingdom there.
- They eventually fought several wars against Normandy and territory changed hands. The last years have been a status quo.
- At first the Norwegian aristocraty dominated Britain and were resented but after centuries of intermarriage, cultural mingle and shared history the boundaries faded between Albians and Norwegians.
- At some point there was a large peasant revolt (probably after a excruciating war against Normandy or Denmark where many died as cannon fodder) and gained more rights- less severe serfdom and the establishment of the Free Shires
- There is a very strong alliance between Albia and the Empire who are boths surrounded by Remonstrant rivals. Probably friendly with Genoa and Pskov too.
- Rivals with Normandy (southern England, many nobles probably want it 'back'), traditionnal rivalry with Denmark that is kept out of the Atlantic, rivalry with Munster over North America and trade in the Northern Sea. Most likely indifferent to the hispanic kingdoms.

Those are all fairly good assumptions. Normandy and Albia fought over the Celtic territories in the Irish Wars for a long period in the 13-1400's. Albia won Ireland, but most of the Isles were devastated and have only now truly recovered.

Munster is the only officially Remonstrant nation so far, though Normandy is tolerant of its growing presence.

My hard drive crashed tonight and I had to do a full system recovery.

My PC is still spontaneously restarting however, and I'm not yet aware of the full extent of the damage. I think I have saved all my files but I'm not sure yet.

I think the cause may be riding my bike with my laptop in my backpack. I'm going to have to delay the launch a day or two while I figure out what is going on.

Posting this on my phone while I work on fixing my computer.

Small update on my computer issue.

The hinge is broken, and whenever I fully open the computer it puts it through a force reboot, which can be apparently triggered by wiggling the screen too much, or without warning. Also, the OS is just messed up and everything takes about 10 minutes to load.

We'll see what I can do remotely.

I've stabilized my computer slightly. It still crashes and reboots without warning, but I'm going to try to continue to advance my work by putting everything online and working from UT Austin computers instead.

Sorry about the delay in the NES launch, it really was unavoidable given the circumstances though. Depending on how quickly I get this repaired, I can try to launch by the end of this weekend.

Naturally we'll have a revised orders and update schedule. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Absolutely not. My computer is still being repaired, and the map files are on it. I will receive it back on the 3rd, following which I will make the final changes necessary to start this NES.

I will not abandon you, friends.

Nor shall you abandon me.

Okay! Well recovering the files was a lot harder than I thought. I finally was able to get an external HD and load my old corrupted hard drive into it, and I successfully the map and stats files out of that.

To celebrate this joyous occasion (and rebooting of this thread) I have a 95% complete religion map of the global religious families and sects.

Spoiler :

I hope some of you are still interested in playing this game.

I'm still interested.

Good, the first of several such projects that apparently I was lying about in site feedback. But you know, Thy, they'll probably still force you to run this in IOT.

Top Bottom