Caveman 2 Cosmos

Last I checked, I think Insurance was the same way, 10 times more expensive than I believe it was meant to be.

This is absolutely critical to fix because they come up right when you could be getting a free tech. So what right? When you get these for free, and then the ai hits them and has to take over 100 rounds to research them (and that'd be on a fairly decent research rate), you'll be up to the end of the tech tree before they are even past these two techs!

Which file do you have to edit to change beakers for a tech?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out. In CIV4TechInfos file they both have a 0 too much in the icost modifier it seems.

Which file do you have to edit to change beakers for a tech?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out. In CIV4TechInfos file they both have a 0 too much in the icost modifier it seems.

What are you talking about which tech?

Irrigation and Insurance

OK now i see what your talking about, i changed the following now:

Irrigation - 100
Insurance - 500
Waterworks - 500
Sanitation - 550

That should help.;)

Dancing Hoskuld

Immigration unit works fine with OR without the code.

Immigration unit started automatically and went to the smallest city.
It could join a city up to size 7.

I can build immigration unit in a city of any size. Even size 1.

No weird things happened with my units with the code. I could heal etc.

NB! Just noticed that irrigation tech requires 3500 beakers and all other techs require 350 tops. I play on marathon. Is it really suppose to be 10 times as expensive to research?

If you are building them in size one cities then it is not working. They should require size 9 cities. This means that the canTrain function is not working. :( Which is what my fix was supposed to fix but doesn't.

SO to get immigration working for get my change to the immigration.xml or was it the mainmods.xml of OV? Just turn on the two python call back options. I will look at it further.

I must have done something wrong with the button I am adding to Subdue Animals.

If you are building them in size one cities then it is not working. They should require size 9 cities. This means that the canTrain function is not working. :( Which is what my fix was supposed to fix but doesn't.

SO to get immigration working for get my change to the immigration.xml or was it the mainmods.xml of OV? Just turn on the two python call back options. I will look at it further.

I must have done something wrong with the button I am adding to Subdue Animals.

Send me a copy again, ok, i must have removed it, because of my postings i had that i removed it, sorry.

Send me a copy again, ok, i must have removed it, because of my postings i had that i removed it, sorry.

I am in the process of getting all my changes ready for you.
  • only display the best process (Culture, Science, Tax etc.).
  • expansion to the trade caravan unit line.
  • fix Goody Islands so they are not present if the no goody hut option is set.
  • minor changes to Subdue Animals - no buttons unitl I get the immigration stuff fixed.
  • minor changes to the health care mod to fit better with C2C time line
  • minor change to Ngai religion
  • a version of Culturaly Linked Start code that will (sometimes) tell you which civ was not defined to the mod.

Process Upgrades mod
With _Nevets additions to the processes available, ie lesser versions of the Culture, Science and Wealth processes the city screen where these are chosen had become cluttered and disorganised. This mod fixes that problem.

It should also give someone without an aversion to C++ enough information to "fix" the city canMaintain function so it will be fixed in the building list box too.:mischief:

Trade Caravans
Adds an Early Merchant at Barter and a Supply Train at Engineering to flesh out the Trade Caravan and Freight units.

Culturally Linked Starts mod
Currently if you are unlucky enough to get a civ not defined properly you just get a PythonErr.log message with Key Error:0. Now you still get that but there is also a message in the PythonDbg.log telling you which one is missing.

so, just curious, it looks like there are a couple additional changes. When will the newest patch be available?

so, just curious, it looks like there are a couple additional changes. When will the newest patch be available?

Dont do patches, because the extent of what is being changed is so drastic from time to time that patches are just useless, sorry everyone, way to many things going on, and "we" now just added a new Era "Galactic" to the mix, so this time it might not be until April sometime before next release. But you never know.:)

Thx for asking and trying this great mod,

btw Welcome to CFC.

Dont do patches, because the extent of what is being changed is so drastic from time to time that patches are just useless, sorry everyone, way to many things going on, and "we" now just added a new Era "Galactic" to the mix, so this time it might not be until April sometime before next release. But you never know.:)

Thx for asking and trying this great mod,

btw Welcome to CFC.

ty ^_^ One other question... Is this mod stable enough for multiplayer? or will there be Out Of Sync errors every 3 turns once Civ V Civ battles start.

Some thoughts:

1) The event where fishermen have built a fishboat does not give you a fishboat.

2) Why do a well give you unhealthy? is fresh water source that powerful?

3) Poacher's camp is way to early obtained. You get it with Monarchy but get no benefits until rifling is researched.

4) What about a diplomat unit that makes it possible to change other civs impression of you?
Say you can promise not to use spies, not pillage or not to negotiate with their enemies for a certain amount of turns and that can make you +1 point in friendship?
The more you promise can make you more points or something.
If not permanent, atleast for a certain amount of turns.

Sicne these 2 questions are within my mod, so i will answer them ...

Some thoughts:
2) Why do a well give you unhealthy? is fresh water source that powerful?

When creating this, Afforess explained that water such as wells and cisterns are a breeding ground for waterborne diseases. That is why wells give unhealthy but do give a source of water. If your city is close to a river, lake or rainforest then you will not need a well. However if you have no source of water then a well will give you it but at the price of unhealthiness.

Some thoughts:
3) Poacher's camp is way to early obtained. You get it with Monarchy but get no benefits until rifling is researched.

Yeah it has been adjusted a bunch of times. It still needs tweaking. I may take it out if i cannot find a good solution for it.

Hi guys,
first of all: this is the greatest mod for Civ4 that I know (except maybe for FfH2, but thats somewhat different), and I never play without it :D

However, I have found something that bugs me:
i cannot find the button to enable barbarian civs in a custom game, and at game start it tells me that it is disabled. Is there any way to toggle this on? because without it's just half the fun :(

btw I'm looking forward to this whole galactic stuff :borg: :eek: great idea :thumbsup:

Hi guys,
first of all: this is the greatest mod for Civ4 that I know (except maybe for FfH2, but thats somewhat different), and I never play without it :D

However, I have found something that bugs me:
i cannot find the button to enable barbarian civs in a custom game, and at game start it tells me that it is disabled. Is there any way to toggle this on? because without it's just half the fun :(

btw I'm looking forward to this whole galactic stuff :borg: :eek: great idea :thumbsup:

From what "we" are finding out about errors and turn times being so long, is that Barbarian World and Barbarian Civs cause too many problems. Especially barbarian World.

And from doing some testing lately, i just found out that also when Rev is ON, it causes turn times, alot more also( almost 1 1/2 times more), it adds in fact alot of waiting more turn times than playing without these three on. They might be nice to play with but turn times will be sooo drastic in late games it just won't be fun.

At least this is what i am finding out, and i only play on Epic.

But if you want to play with Barbarian Civ, V9 will be the last one that will have it in game. I took it out completely. Just go to GameOptionsInfo file and change this around:

Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_BARBARIANS</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_BARBARIANS_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>0</bDefault>
            <bVisible>1</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

Thats why if i want more Barbarians in game i use Raging Barbs or Start as Minors, for alot more fighting, and when the game starts go into the "Lady BUG" and set some of the options there, one of the better ones is Flexible Difficultly.

If you want to get rid of all the buildings that you cant build (but are there grayed out), just click on the HIDE checkbox and that helps out also. Tons of OPTIONS in that BUG.

btw Thx for playing this great mod, and Welcome to CFC.

Peharps you should take Rev, BarbarianCiv and BarbarianWorld out completely, and then write your own code to enable revolutions and such. In my researches to learn modding and C++ programming, I found out that merging complex pieces of alien codes together always leave some leftover, which may cause increased processing cicles, minor bugs or even CTDs.

Even a single line in RevDCM code may be causing unending processing loops, until the game core engine ends the loop by hard-code handlers.

The problem there is that we're built on top of A New Dawn, a truly awesome mod, the most recent version of which was built into a RevDCM version that was seriously flawed. A lot of the problems there have been fixed by a more recent version of RevDCM, but Afforess, creator of A New Dawn, hasn't updated AND to that platform. When you look at the source codes here you'll see its next to impossible to cleanly merge them with the new RevDCM because Afforess already instigated many of the fixes and its really tough to tell what SHOULD be updated and what should be left alone so it can work as it should with the rest of AND adjustments. This leaves us in a bit of a bind where repairs to the source codes are concerned. I don't have enough of an intimate understanding of the RevDCM fixes in their newest versions, nor enough understanding of what Afforess wrote into the source for AND to tell the difference in many cases.

So we're left having to patch things up from the outside looking in where many cases are concerned. I'm having similar trouble trying to fix the Limited Religions codes. At the moment, I'm thinking we should take it fully out of accessing the codes there in the SDK and if we want to use it, include the python module version that's intended for mods that don't contain any hard coding for it. (but that wouldn't help it work with Divine Prophets too well... ugh...)

I could work Limited Religions as an option into Divine Prophets, but doing so would leave using Limited Religions alone as an option that remains and it is horribly flawed right now and I haven't been able to figure out where the problems are in the code. Not yet anyhow... even a compare to the newer RevDCM files hasn't been of much assistance in that department but I'm still working on it so I may have a breakthrough there eventually.

The Barbarian Civ problem is because C2C adds a new era and no one can (or maybe has time to) figure out what needs to change in the python code to support the new era. It may be possible to get a clue as to what it is doing by comparing the base RevDCM one with the RoM:AND one. The documentation that I found tells you how to use it but does not explain what it does.

Top Bottom