Caveman 2 Cosmos

The compare highlights localized changes but since the code is so interwoven and connected to other areas, without understanding every step of the differing processing its too easy to create bigger problems when merging. In many places, Afforess has done exactly what the new RevDCM has done just slightly differently and it can be tough to tell why or which is more 'up to date'.

Hey, guys!

I am having a bit of a headache over here. I reached a point at which my game crashes into desktop after the initialization of the new turn. I discover Industrialism and then get the screen with the new res selection. Then when I choose any new tech to research, the game crashes into desktop before any production screens pop up. Can anyone help me? I attached the savegame, change turn and see what happens.

Attachments

• KrumStrashni AD-0863.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 64
Hey, guys!

I am having a bit of a headache over here. I reached a point at which my game crashes into desktop after the initialization of the new turn. I discover Industrialism and then get the screen with the new res selection. Then when I choose any new tech to research, the game crashes into desktop before any production screens pop up. Can anyone help me? I attached the savegame, change turn and see what happens.

Which version?

Which version?

It's the last one - v.9....i play with no barb, and with Revolutions ON

previously i suffered from freezes, but since people concluded barbarians cause them more or less i started a game without them. And so far it went well apart from a single MAF once...until i got to this point

It's the last one - v.9....i play with no barb, and with Revolutions ON

previously i suffered from freezes, but since people concluded barbarians cause them more or less i started a game without them. And so far it went well apart from a single MAF once...until i got to this point

You must have changed something someplace, cause i cant even get it to load??

You must have changed something someplace, cause i cant even get it to load??

Hmmm, i don't think i ever changed anything...version 9 as I downloaded it and then just extracted

I attach another version of the savegame you can try

PS: might be that I just downloaded 9 and didnt install it.....but i'm pretty sure I did...You might try v8 if it's not too difficult

Attachments

• KrumStrashni Test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 62
Hmmm, i don't think i ever changed anything...version 9 as I downloaded it and then just extracted

I attach another version of the savegame you can try

PS: might be that I just downloaded 9 and didnt install it.....but i'm pretty sure I did...You might try v8 if it's not too difficult

Yeah that one didnt work either, so i cant test it.

Yeah that one didnt work either, so i cant test it.

hmmm, that's rather weird...do you have any suspected reasons in mind? may be i can try work it out by myself? Might be something that gets built or some era screen...or some defective event...

Can anyone else try opening the files?

EDIT: I just tried changing the research and instead having Infustrialism for 1 turn....i changed to automatic weapons for 3 turns...The game could continue. So that next turn I switched back to Industrialism, ended turn and then the same happened...it seems like it might be related to this tech and its consequences?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0864.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 64
You will get that same error if you start advanced game and buy some techs and then research one of them.
Game freeze and you have to restart.
Maybe your game thinks you already have that tech?

If nothing else works you could give yourself this tech from the world builder menu just to get your game going :)

You will get that same error if you start advanced game and buy some techs and then research one of them.

If nothing else works you could give yourself this tech from the world builder menu just to get your game going :)

Never thought of that, thx.;)

Extracting file: C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Caveman2Cosmosv9.7z
Extracting to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Subdue_Animals\Art\Buttons\Buildings\Buildings.7z Unable to create file

i keep running into this prob, tried a fix or delete didn't work... help??? thanks!!!!

-PB

I didn use the advanced start. Hmm, however, i played further and game goes well if i keep voiding Industrialism...the moment i decide to try researching it ...ctd. So yes, i also thought of adding it in the world builder...but havent had time t try it yet. I will do it and report back

Still i find it weird that u guys cant open my files

Its because updates on our systems are constantly ongoing and we've made the current version saves unloadable in the process.

UPDATE: Anyone having crash trouble should try to use this .dll. I found a minor flaw in the original better BTS AI code that the ongoing animal spawns unwittingly revealed. Apparently, if an AI considers attacking a city by water when the city has no units in the city, it ends up dividing by 0 in the routine to determine some matter regarding that attack. Divide by 0 = crash. This solves that problem. Just slip it into your assets folder and replace the old one. It IS save game compatable.

when i download the file it says me download expired when only 15 minutes has passed
any help?

I will be putting a NEW BETA release out sometime today, try then.:)

I play the next war advanced mod, the one with the theme song Fat Bottom Girl or something like that. Is this the same mod? What does the graphic 1024 mean? I am very scared and intimidated by this mod. Please help ;( is it nxt war advanced?

I play the next war advanced mod, the one with the theme song Fat Bottom Girl or something like that. Is this the same mod? What does the graphic 1024 mean? I am very scared and intimidated by this mod. Please help ;( is it nxt war advanced?

Yes it is, but its ten times better, it includes a Prehistoric Era, and Now a BETA Galactic Era.

1024X768 is the screen solution recommended.

Top Bottom