Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

The Grand House of Huber, under the leadership of Lord William declare that we do not support the continued rule of Civius III Emperor of Artonia. We request that due to the absence of the Emperor that the House of Reichkaiser, current Regent to the throne be proclaimed Lord Protector during this period of unrest and that he name a succesor should he fail to complete his duties. We ask this be done to avoid an extended rebellion period, and to expidiate the process to allow continued advancement of this society.

Build a settler in the capital and send him along with an archer to the square just south of the lake near the mountain in the north. And there is also a nice spot south east of the capital that we can take advantage of.

Other than that get our military rolling and keep an eye out for the other nations building around us.

Go kick some butt!

don't worry about it. i wanted to let you guys know that I am recording a Calipso album this weekend, and unfortunatly will be unable to do much with the game and RP. Sorry for the delay.

I will try and keep up to date with what's going on however.

The House of Octavia will not give tribute to the House of Reichkaiser. We are Imperialistic and must expand, rivals are encroaching on our borders. The Capital is burning we must enslave and sacrifice the rebels for the glory of our Empire.

The Grand House of Huber requests an extension of time to place our vote of tribute. Due to some conflicts we are unable to make the informed decision that is required of this house and the continued devlopment of this society.

Thanks Vandal. I think I will go ahead and do that tonight if you would like. I will finish up my RP story that leads up to the end of Cathal's life, and then I'll do the turnset and post on that.

okay i have a couple questions before I do anything.

1.) With Cathal's passing the presidence has been that an Emperor can name his heir (Civius II passed down to Civius III). Would it be allowed to have a passing Emperor bestow the title and full rights of an Emperor to another House, or would a Regent be allowed to 'crown himself' emperor, with title and full rights therein?

2.) Can an Emperor make new rules during his reign?

3.) Are we being pretty easy on the actual turn sessions? I noticed that they're not exactly 20 turns. I just wanted to make sure, so I don't step on anyone's toes.

Those are the immediate questions. Let me know what you guys think.

... Well I got bored, and decided to take a swing. Went ahead with a turn-set I will post it if you guys like, or we can do whatever you guys want. I made some RP decisions in the game, but don't know if you guys will be happy with them.

okay i have a couple questions before I do anything.

1.) With Cathal's passing the presidence has been that an Emperor can name his heir (Civius II passed down to Civius III). Would it be allowed to have a passing Emperor bestow the title and full rights of an Emperor to another House, or would a Regent be allowed to 'crown himself' emperor, with title and full rights therein?

2.) Can an Emperor make new rules during his reign?

3.) Are we being pretty easy on the actual turn sessions? I noticed that they're not exactly 20 turns. I just wanted to make sure, so I don't step on anyone's toes.

Those are the immediate questions. Let me know what you guys think.

... Well I got bored, and decided to take a swing. Went ahead with a turn-set I will post it if you guys like, or we can do whatever you guys want. I made some RP decisions in the game, but don't know if you guys will be happy with them.

1. Basicly I was passing the crown to myself using a little RP. We should use the rebellion rules as they are written or discuss changing them.

2. I was thinking about Emperial decrees a while ago. I think as long as they do not contradict the present rules I would be OK with it.

3. Haven't really looked over anyone elses Turn Sessions but I did exactly 20 turns per session. 500 years divided by 25 year turns is 20 turns no matter how you dice it.

...Glad to see you get to play one Drak so now all of the family heads have participated in a TS. I'm OK with any RP choices you made as I put Vandal and you in my sessions.

By decree, the Emperor Cathal I proclaims Lord David of Huber to be his Regent, and take control of the Empire should he pass...

~ 141 (First Turn of Reign) Regent David of Huber enacts the, 'Defense Standardization Act' whereby cities will contain two archers for defense.

~142 'The Hellesses Relocation Act' enacted - Forces relocation of Artokian populace, effectivly ends riots in the capital.

~143 A new age dawns:

~144 The Huberian Iron Werks are created, bringing in a new, powerful resource.

~146 Regent David of Huber moves to reorganize the Empire after the passing of Cathal.
-Regent David of Huber decrees that a new civilization has been born on this great day.
-Civilization renamed to the Empire of Utopia.
-Utopian capital renamed 'Universalis', Huber is renamed Artok, with the Huberian Iron Werks being transfered to the house of Artok.
-New city established to the southeast of Universalis, 'Huber'.
-"Council of Lords" established:
By decree of the Emperor the council shall convene to discuss urgent matters of state whereby turn sessions will be suspended until time expires (24 hrs). Council leaders are asked to contribute by offering suggestions for the expansion of their cities and Empire (is not mandatory but allows input to better our society). Emperor required to grant title of 'Lord" to all city governors upon taking the throne.(council members).
-Leader of the House of Ocatavia officially granted title of Lord over city of Octavia
-Leader of the House of Artok officially granted title of Lord over city of Artok.
-Leader of the House of Reichkaiser officially granted title of Lord over city of Arkan
-Draknith of the House of Huber officially granted title of Lord over city of Huber.

The New Empire:

First Iron wielding unit trained
-Regent David of Huber grants the title of the 'Iron Cross' to this first unit.

By decree of the Regent wheat farms around Universalis and Huber are officially granted to the House of Huber

By decree of the Regent House of Octavia to take ownership of horse ranch near Octavia.

By decree of the Regent House of Reichkasier to take control over gold mines near Universalis.

~164 Utopian Capital Act: Expansion of cottages near Universalis.

~167 Artokian Agricultural Act: Farm expansion across the fields of Artok.

Regent David of Huber enters into negotiations with our Buddist neighbors Darius of the Dutch Empire. We agree to open borders.

~170 Expansion of the Octavian Fishing Cooperative (Grand House of Huber)

~171 Arms Expansion Act: Emperor decrees that armed forces must be increased to protect the growing civilization.

State of the Empire:

Well not too bad I don't think. We got a good random act with the discovery of silver near the capital. The economy has pretty much turned around. No riots to report. Army has expanded and now uses state of the art technology. Research has grown. Civilization's overall size has increased by one (1) city.

Sorry about the screen shot sizes. I'm pretty new to the whole screenshot thing. Let me know if you guys want me to edit it, and if so... how do I do it. Thanks you guys. I'm loving this game!!!

BTW: here's the save game...

View attachment 229403

Very Interesting, and a good Turnset. Although, the whole proclaiming himself Emperor is really treading on Dom's birthright.

I was worried about that too... I figured we could work on that as we do a lot of the role playing. I thought that we could either have David marry one of Cathal's daughter's to legitamize his reign, as he is older in the story line than Dom, or we could say that the pledge the boys took when they were younger played a role, and Dom supported David for the time being.

Sorry if I went a little too far. Just figured that David couldn't make the sweeping changes to the society without the title... went the Napoleon route I guess...

It also gives us a chance to try out the new 'Council of Lords' to solve the succession question.

Good TS Regent :goodjob: though I must protest your self proclaimed title of Emperor. According to the game rules there must be a rebellion to crown a new Emperor unless David is from the House of Recikaiser whereby I withdraw my protest. Once again the House of Octavia refuses to give tribute to the House of Reichkaiser. However the House of Octavia recognizes the Decrees of Regent David.

As far as the screenies go, get an account at photo bucket it is free and easy. upload the screenies then edit them to the pre-sized large (thats the size of my posted screenies). Replace them as the original copy when prompted after resize. Hover over the screenie on your album page and click on link options. scroll down to forums and copy the img link and paste it on your post. Its real easy once you've done it once, the only bad thing is you have to resize each screenie and it's a little time consuming.

Top Bottom