BUFFY and BUG/BULL

pepe26

Lacrosse Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I've rcently taken up SGOTM as a hobby and thus needed BUFFY. Since then I've been re-installing civ4 and the mods 3 or 4 times :rolleyes: At some point the BUG.dll starting non-functioning the way it was supposed to...

When I load up a game with no mods running, as it happens sometimes in test games for SGOTM, pr-chopping and lots of other good stuff get disabled with this error:

I've not been able to fix it without re-installing civ4... can you guys help me out?

Installtions:
civ4
bts
latest update for bts
BUG (latest version)
BUFFY 003

Not that I'm ignoring you, but I know almost nothing about BUFFY. However, it looks to me like the game can't find the BULL DLL. The BULL DLL has to be in the game's assets folder, or Custom Assets to work (I think).

Maybe ruff_hi will see this and chime in with some real help.

Can somebody please help me out with this? The new SGOTM18 has started and I can't get this freaking thing set up properly. Serveral new installs have not helped.

It used to work just fine until someone posted a test game in a thread which was pure bts style with no mods... I have never recovered from that state again.

Only way I can use all the options is running the game with BAT.

It's incredible how the BAT Mod has everything set up perfectly but BUG just won't work..........

Pepe - I mentioned PMing me over in our thread.

What I'm unsure of is what exactly your are running. In the screenshot above you are certainly not running BUFFY. Current version of BUFFY would not have the green BUG icon.

So is the issue with BUFFY or is the issue with BUG/BULL.

If the issue with with BUG/BULL, the answer is pretty simple. You don't have BULL installed. BULL is a separate mod from BUG. So download BULL and install it to you Custom Assets copy that has BUG and copy the DLL file over to your normal BTS Assets folder (create copy of vanilla DLL...important). I thought I'd explained all this too you before some time ago.

(Note: BUFFY and BAT come with BUG and BULL combined in those mods. That's the reason BULL stuff works. BUFFY and BAT have other stuff as well specific to their unique purpose. BUFFY for HOF/GOTM/SGOTMs and BAT simply for pure Lemon awesomeness)

Your many reinstallations of Civ IV were really pointless. There does not appear to be a problem with your installation. You are simply missing a mod - BULL.

Installtions:
civ4
bts
latest update for bts
BUG (latest version)
BUFFY 003
BULL (not installed)

I really try not to run BUG/BULL in Custom Assest at the same time as BUFFY. I keep copies of different Custom Asset folders for this purpose and use .bat executables to easily switch from vanilla to BULL DLLs.

BUFFY and BAT are standalone mods. Any installation of BUG and BULL (whether stand-alone or Custom Asset) is completely irrelevant to the installation and execution of BUFFY and BAT. totally mutually exclusive stuff, dude, despite have similar components.

Top Bottom