[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
DOWNLOAD LINK - BXP: The BAT Extras Project

Now supporting BAT 4.1!! If you are using BAT 4.1, make sure that you d/l the BAT 4.1 versions, or they won't install properly.

Since the release of BAT 3.0.1, the staff at Lemon Labs has been hard at work to bring some extra goodness to your game. :)

It should be noted that adding the Modern Era Expansion Pack does change the game mechanics by adding new Techs and Units. If you prefer to play BAT in its normal, unaltered state, you can still use the Civ Packs and Leader Pack, just don't install the MEE, or enable MEE support in the add ons. K?

I've released a number of mod-comps that have been ported to BAT, as well as a BetterBUGAI - BAT merge.

Here is a list of the releases:

1. The Modern Era Expansion Pack for VD, by Avain
2. Leaders of Varietas Delectat by Avain.
3. A number of add on civilizations: (Avain and others)
- Scandinavia
- Australia
- Hungary
- Poland
- Polynesia
4. Ireland, Scotland, and Wales (The Céilí Pack) (Or Ceilidh if you're a Scot. :) ) Released

***** Niknaks has released a BXP version of his wonderful Native American civs. I'm hoping to persuade him to host it with the rest of the files on SourceForge. :D

Comments? Discuss...

More New Releases!

:band:

Just released are the new Scandinavian Pack, the Ceilidh Pack (Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Hungary 2.0, and a repaired Custom Leaderhead Pack!

You can find them at the link above where the rest are.

These are self installing files and they are in a sort of late delta stage. (Meaning that I've had no problems with them, and I don't expect that you will, but post here if you do, k? :p )

These are mods that have been made by others, not by me, or the rest of the BUG team. I have just repackaged them and converted some of them to work with BAT 3.0 and up. Here is the soon to be growing list:
Spoiler :

DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OF THESE MODS IN THE LINKED THREADS AND EXPECT THEM TO WORK WITH BAT!!!

These are the actual mod pages themselves, and I have included the links so that prospective users of the BAT Extras Packs can have a peek at what they will be adding to their game. The mods listed in this spoiler do not work with BAT. They work with Varietas Delectat, which is a great mod, and that is why it's included in BAT, but it is a SEPARATE MOD! Only the altered BXP versions that are available in my download link work with BAT.

Mods by Avain:

1. The Modern Era Expansion pack for VD. This has been fixed.
- This enables the MEE in BAT. It changes the game by adding some late game units and techs.
- You need this one to enable MEE support in the Civ Packs.

2. The Civilization of Hungary. Main thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248462 BXP version currently offline for repair.

3. The Civilization of Poland. Main thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317958

4. The Civilization of Polynesia. Main thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317958

5. The Civilization of Australia. Main thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319407
The installer issue has been fixed.

6. New! Avain's LeaderHead Pack for VD is now available for BAT. Main Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8034147#post8034147

You can download the BAT Extras Packs right here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4bxp/files/BAT Extras Packs/BXP For BAT 4.1/

Coming soon: Cuba, Mexico.

Stay Tuned. :D

Do
4. The BetterBATAI merge.
first:goodjob:

But this is all really excellent. I just find it hard to play without a Better AI, so am
off playing PIG for now (but missing the nicer BAT graphics).

Will Better AI be JDOG's or FUYU? FUYU added some of his own changes on top
that you may or may not agree with, but both are still much better than vanilla AI.

Re: 1. The Modern Era Expansion Pack for VD, by Avain
Will it come in as is from VD or what Avain additionally did in Quot Capita? I think
MEE in vanilla VD has been superseded by what is in QC.

After these items become available, I think BAT should be listed over in the MODPACKS thread for better visibility with all the other major mods.

Do
4. The BetterBATAI merge.
first:goodjob:
Sorry. Can't. The next BUG/BULL must be released first, and the other ones are almost finished.

Will Better AI be JDOG's or FUYU? FUYU added some of his own changes on top
that you may or may not agree with, but both are still much better than vanilla AI.
It will be based on Fuyu's merge, with the new BAT code.

Re: 1. The Modern Era Expansion Pack for VD, by Avain
Will it come in as is from VD or what Avain additionally did in Quot Capita? I think
MEE in vanilla VD has been superseded by what is in QC.
I haven't looked at the MEE in QC. I was going to just put in the standard VD MEE. The Cheetah edition includes much of the QC MEE anyway.

After these items become available, I think BAT should be listed over in the MODPACKS thread for better visibility with all the other major mods.
I'll talk to the boss. :)

@ Everybody:

As for the Civ Packs, what is the general thinking? A bunch of packs, or one big one with all of the civs in it?

@BAT & Better BUG AI merge:
I looked at the Assets a bit, merging shouldn't be hard.
  • Config\: init.xml needs to be merged (simple), BUG Main Interface.xml contains one more setting for Better BUG AI (for Events with Images) - and so does Python\BUG\Tabs\BugGeneralOptionsTab.py
  • ART_DEF_UNIT_CARTHAGE_WAR_ELEPHANT, ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_ASIAN, ART_DEF_UNIT_WORKER_ASIAN, ART_DEF_UNIT_WORKER_EUROPEAN and ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_SOUTH_AMERICA are no longer in XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml. I'm guessing those entries were moved to, or replaced by entries inside VD?
  • Python\Contrib\Sevopedia\SevoPediaMain.py and SevoPediaUnit.py obviously need to be taken from BAT as they contain new code for BAT-specific stuff.
  • Python\Screens\CvTechChooser.py contains a change to line 324 that I can't make sense of.
  • XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml needs some lines for Global Warming if the dll has that component activated.
  • BAT's XML\GameInfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml needs iTechCostModifier tags merged in
  • XML\Text\BULL_CIV4GameText.xml needs to be Better BUG AI version since it contains a few more txt_keys.
  • XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml needs to be merged - UnitAI changes from Better AI and UnitMeshGroup changes from BAT.
  • Events with Images: BAT contains this as a module, Better BUG AI already contains it in the main xml files, so EWI.fps and EWI folder in Modules can be deleted.

Spoiler :
Bold: it's important you choose the right file
Blue: use Better BUG AI's file
Pink: use BAT's file
Red: merge
Gray: the files aren't bit-identical but contain the same information

CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Config\AutoSave.xml
Config\BUG City Screen.xml
Config\BUG Main Interface.xml
Config\BULL City Bar.xml
Config\BULL Misc Hovers.xml

Config\init.xml
Config\Plot List Enhancements.xml
Python\BUG\Tabs\BugGeneralOptionsTab.py

Python\Contrib\Civ4lerts.py
Python\Contrib\CvModName.py

Python\Contrib\Sevopedia\SevoPediaMain.py
Python\Contrib\Sevopedia\SevoPediaUnit.py

Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py
Python\Screens\CvTechChooser.py
XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml (only for GlobalWarmingMod)
XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
XML\GameInfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml
XML\GameInfo\CIV4Hints.xml
XML\Interface\CIV4InterfaceModeInfos.xml
XML\Text\Advanced Combat Odds Options.xml
XML\Text\BUG City Screen Options.xml

XML\Text\BUG Main Interface Options.xml
XML\Text\BUG_CIV4GameText.xml

XML\Text\BUGHints_CIV4GameText.xml
XML\Text\BULL Misc Hovers Options.xml
XML\Text\BULL_CIV4GameText.xml
XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Events_BTS.xml
XML\Text\EventSigns_CIV4GameText.xml
XML\Text\HiddenAttitudes_CIV4GameText.xml
XML\Units\CIV4MissionInfos.xml

XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I haven't looked at the MEE in QC. I was going to just put in the standard VD MEE. The Cheetah edition includes much of the QC MEE anyway.

OK, I was referring to post #2119 in the VD Graphics Mods thread, talking to Avain about
updating MEE in VD and it was explained that new MEE work would be in QC. As I'm always keen on having every last little thing, just wanted to bring to your attention.

I understand your wish, but Modern Era now is really the collection of unit classes and art, and the real new implementation will be done in QC. You are of course free to make a modmod if you so wish.

As for the Civ Packs, what is the general thinking? A bunch of packs, or one big one with all of the civs in it?
I've copy-pasted Civ Gold into BAT before and it works like a charm, except that unless your computer is robust, loading times can be a problem (although ingame there is no performance difference). I would lean towards something much smaller, maybe ~5 - 10? I really like Scotland but anything you would want to include would be fine IMHO. Go Lemon Labs! :goodjob:

I've copy-pasted Civ Gold into BAT before and it works like a charm, except that unless your computer is robust, loading times can be a problem (although ingame there is no performance difference). I would lean towards something much smaller, maybe ~5 - 10? I really like Scotland but anything you would want to include would be fine IMHO. Go Lemon Labs! :goodjob:
Scotland?! :rolleyes:

I don't know. My Irish civ went ahead and erased Scotland from my hard drive again. :p

If I put in Scotland, we'll have a religion problem, because the lads will be shouting football scores at passing nuns--

(Whack!) <-- "You're welcome, Jester." says Mrs. Lemon.

Ow! Oh, that's better...

I'll see what I can do. :D

don't mess with the nuns ... especially if your guys are losing the footy matches

don't mess with the nuns ... especially if your guys are losing the footy matches
Or if you're a schoolgirl and they carry rulers, yardsticks, bludgeons, weapons of mass destruction...

Ow! :cry:

New Releases!

See the top of this thread for more information. :)

this is soo cool - I was just thinking of running a game under BAT and now that I can play the aussie empire - I am so doing it. Running away to install it now!

Hey - LM, Italy doesn't have a MEE extension support package. The other new civs do.

Hey - LM, Italy doesn't have a MEE extension support package. The other new civs do.
Italy is a little different. It has no MEE support, and is still sort of a WIP. I decided to include it because it's rather popular, and 10 lire seems pretty intent on getting it right. If there are a bunch of problems with this one, I may remove it for a while.

Hi BAT and BUG mod team! I have to repeat myself: This is really great work your are all doing!

I have a small problem though:

The BAT 3.0.1 runs fine. I then installed the MEE and the additional civs and I now
get 20 error messages at the start up. They are all similar to the one I attached.

I guess I did right with installing as a single player mod into "My Games...". I think the new stuff is also installed into that folder, right?

Best regards,

Buford

Attachments

• BATerror.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 407
Hi BAT and BUG mod team! I have to repeat myself: This is really great work your are all doing!

I have a small problem though:

The BAT 3.0.1 runs fine. I then installed the MEE and the additional civs and I now
get 20 error messages at the start up. They are all similar to the one I attached.

I guess I did right with installing as a single player mod into "My Games...". I think the new stuff is also installed into that folder, right?

Best regards,

Buford
Hi Buford. :)

Did you tick the boxes for MEE support in each of the civ pack installs?

If not, just re-install the civs only, and tick those boxes. It should work then. Don't forget to right click and run the installers as Administrator if you're using Vista/7.

I installed them all into a clean copy of BAT 3, and Australia is throwing an exception. It doesn't affect play, but I'll fix that up right away. I thought that I had stomped that little bug. I didn't get the multitude of exceptions that you received, so I think your problem might be forgetting to tick the MEE options when you install.

Give it another try and let me know, k?

EDIT: The installer autodetects where BAT 3 is, so it always installs to the right spot. (I hope. :D )

Hi Buford. :)

Did you tick the boxes for MEE support in each of the civ pack installs?

If not, just re-install the civs only, and tick those boxes. It should work then. Don't forget to right click and run the installers as Administrator if you're using Vista/7.

I installed them all into a clean copy of BAT 3, and Australia is throwing an exception. It doesn't affect play, but I'll fix that up right away. I thought that I had stomped that little bug. I didn't get the multitude of exceptions that you received, so I think your problem might be forgetting to tick the MEE options when you install.

Give it another try and let me know, k?

EDIT: The installer autodetects where BAT 3 is, so it always installs to the right spot. (I hope. :D )

Hi Lemon,

thank you for the quick response. I was pretty sure, I ticked the MEE, but nevertheless I tried again. Unluckily, I still get this annoying error boxes.

I hit STRG+C when the error box occured and was quite pleased to learn that Windows supports pasting this via STRG+V to the notepad. Below you will find all the error messages in their order of appearance.

I am running XP, btw. Do you think it could be related to the order of installing? I reinstalled the civs only and got error messages. Then I installed the MEE file again and I got the impression that the number of errors increased... :confused:

I also checked that the files files went to the correct directories. That seems to work well!

Spoiler :

---------------------------
XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_civ4unitclassinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_civ4unitclassinfos.xml.
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNITCLASS_AIRSHIP_PROTO in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNITCLASS_MAUS_PROTO in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNITCLASS_FOKKER_DR1_PROTO in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNITCLASS_MIG144_PROTO in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_proto_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_proto_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNITCLASS_MARINE_WW2 in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\australia\xml\digger\digger_civ4unitinfos.xml
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_air_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_air_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_land_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_land_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_water_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\varietas delectat\xml\unitinfo\modernera_4vd_water_civ4unitinfos.xml.
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_FIGHTER in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\poland\flavourunits\flavourunits_civ4unitartstyletypeinfos.xml
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_LIGHT_BOMBER in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\poland\flavourunits\flavourunits_civ4unitartstyletypeinfos.xml
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_LIGHT_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_SUPERSONIC_JET_FIGHTER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_JET_FIGHTER in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\hungary\xml\hungary_civ4unitartstyletypeinfos.xml
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_ARMOURED_CAR in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_RECONNAISSANCE_CAR in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_HUMVEE in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_MARINE_WW2 in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_BATTLE_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_LIGHT_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_HEAVY_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_MAIN_BATTLE_TANK in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_ASSAULT_GUN in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_TANK_DESTROYER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_DESTROYER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_MODERN_CRUISER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_PRE-DREADNOUGHT in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_DREADNOUGHT in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_CARRIER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_MECH_INFANTRY in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_MECH_INFANTRY in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_EARLY_BOMBER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_LIGHT_BOMBER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_JET_BOMBER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_SUPERSONIC_JET_FIGHTER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_CLOSE_AIR_SUPPORT in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Error
Tag: UNIT_HELICOPTER in Info class was incorrect
OK

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\australia\xml\digger\australia_civ4civilizationinfos.xml.
OK

Best regards,

Buford

P.S. For some reason a "blank" occurs in the spoiler tags in some filenames. This seems to be a bug in the forum software.

P.P.S. I also checked the files that failed loading. They are where they should be.

Hi,

I've been pushed out of my default lurker position due to how amazing this mod is.

I was playing Civ 5 a few days ago when it hit me.... civ 4 was better, why the hell am I playing this? I decided to reintroduce myself to civ 4 and sought a mod to spice it up, BAT has certainly fullfilled that wish.

I was just coming to the conclusion that I wanted something that changed the game play a bit more than BAT does when I came upon this thread, needless to say it was perfect timing.

Sadly I am experiencing the exact same issue as BufordTJustice. BAT seems to run, but with a score of error messages on the load up, and then when I check the civlopedia in the main menu I only see one or two of the new units from the MEE addition, and not the plether I would love to see.

Thanks again for the awsome mod, and I hope there is an easy solution, perhaps I just installed it wrong.

New Releases!

See the top of this thread for more information. :)

Congratulations Lemon! :goodjob: Thanking a modder for compiling and/or creating should never go unsaid. These labor-of-loves are surely appreciated in a lot of homes more so than on the forums, but I will express my public thanks.

I think this is a new nice step for BAT, waiting for better AI personally.

I never seem to get to modern Era anyway. I usually get trashed before then...
Hey maybe without better AI I can get there :eek:

Top Bottom