JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

Managed to do something after all, so I've updated post # 139 (2 posts back).;)

More news by tomorrow (or Monday at the latest)!:yup:

Status Report

Edited units & cities for:

1. kingdom of France - 4 cities
2. kingdom of England - 6 cities (includes Normandy-Brittany)
3. kingdom of Denmark - 6 cities
4. Spanish kingdoms - 6 cities
5. Norman Italy - 4 cities
6. Fatimids - 5 cities
7. Byzantine empire - 14 cities
8. kingdom of Poland - 4 cities
9. Kiev Rus (actually: Russian principalities) - 6 cities
10. Holy Roman Empire - 8 cities
11. Papal State - 2 cities
12. kingdom of Hungary - 5 cities
13. kingdom of Georgia - 1 city
14. Almohads - 13 cities
15. Cumans - 2 cities
16. Selchuk Turks - 13 cities
17. Italian City States - 8 cities
18. Mongol Horde - 1 city.

TO DO:

- place cities & units for HRE, Cumans, barbs DONE
- place Crusader Armies
- check diplomatic status
- check civs/leaders c.q. LHs
- some playtesting

More news by tomorrow!;)

I don't think that there were Italian City States during the crusades.

@inavy:

"Italian City States" refers to the North Italian cities, among which the 1000 year old Venetian republic, who displayed a strong sense of independence resulting in a city league during the 12th century. I felt having just Venice as representing these cities would not do justice to these other cities - such as Genoa, Pisa, Fkorence, Milan and Turin -, hence Italian City States.

Also, notably the city republic of Venice played an important part ferrying later Crusaders and both this city state and Genoa acquired several overseas possessions in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Black Sea, concurring with their acquisition of a virtual monopoly of the Levant trade.:goodjob:

Another update:

basic setup is DONE, some finetuning still necessary. After that I'll do some playtesting and if all goes well The Crusades! will be up some time tomorrow, I expect.;)

:( Slight delay: playtesting has revealed the necessity for some adjustments; working on this now.:hammer:

Attachments

• Jerusalem, most holy (and a valuable) city0000.JPG
    Jerusalem, most holy (and a valuable) city0000.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 106
Added an extra screenshot from a testgame played as the English who have just freed the Holy Land. (The French got there first and razed Acco - something for an update: NO RAZING!);)

Attachments

• The English have freed the Holy Land!0000.JPG
    The English have freed the Holy Land!0000.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 158
As you may or may not have noticed I've undergone a namechange.

I'll be using the TAFKAJ alias for a week or so; after that it'll be removed.;)

concerning the cruades, a few notes:

-i believe selchuk should be seljuk

-jerusalem starting out as a size two city really does not make it too valuable. being the holy cities of two religions is the only thing it has going for it. i suggest you beef up the size of jerusalem and all other cities accordingly. as well as add significant buildings and improvements to the major cities of the time to represent the thriving economies they boasted

-this was the dark ages, or emerging from it, but most civs still had a respectable knowledge of the geography around them. maybe you should reveal a little (i mean, a lot) more of the map to most of the civs.

also, you're pumping out scenarios left and right. while this is commendable, perhaps you should spend a little more time on each scenario to make each the best it can be with the tools and knowledge you have.

just a little friendly advice. don't take it too harshly, or ignore it completely if you want. just my two cents.

concerning the cruades, a few notes:

-i believe selchuk should be seljuk

The spelling differs. (You may rename them.)

-jerusalem starting out as a size two city really does not make it too valuable. being the holy cities of two religions is the only thing it has going for it. i suggest you beef up the size of jerusalem and all other cities accordingly. as well as add significant buildings and improvements to the major cities of the time to represent the thriving economies they boasted

The value of Jerusalem lies not in its size, but in the fact that's a double holy city: if your State Religion is Christian (or Jewish), capturing Jerusalem allows you to raise your Science slider from 20-50% to 100% and still get plenty extra cash.:goodjob:

About the other cities: could you be more specific? (I've playtested and certain cities grow to a considerable size.)

-this was the dark ages, or emerging from it, but most civs still had a respectable knowledge of the geography around them. maybe you should reveal a little (i mean, a lot) more of the map to most of the civs.

I have to disagree: geographical knowledge from ancient times til the age of discovery was limited at best and deplorable in general; at any rate it was never accurate. (Anyway, why do you think you have scouts?)

also, you're pumping out scenarios left and right. while this is commendable, perhaps you should spend a little more time on each scenario to make each the best it can be with the tools and knowledge you have.

You severely underrate the time and effort I put into each individual scenario, which I upgrade on a regular basis. (I already have on in mind for this one.) Also, I only make scenarios about a subject that interests me. (You should try it yourself sometime - it's fun!);)

Once again, Fiend777Fits, thx for your feedback!:)

@dutchking: I like it too.;)

BTW, who's that guy?! (I really liked your previous avatar pics...)

It's really annoying that you change name all the time. 3 names in less than a week!

I totally agree! (You actually missed one...);)

It's not my fault, though: I asked if I could use Nevermind, but NeverMind was taken; Thunderfall changed it to JLNi (from the knights who say "JLNi"?), informing me about this afterwards; so I suggested either NEVERMIND or JEELEN instead. Next thing, my name was TAFKAJ; so I said: OK, that's fine and changed the authorname of all my files to that. Then yesterday it finally was JEELEN...):mischief:

So, is it from the movie poster or what?:confused:

(I must have seen it, as I'm also somewhat of a movie freak, but it's been a while. Perhaps you could refresh our memories?):mischief:

BTW, I edited my avatar location; it reads "At the gates of Leiden" (or Leyden, spelling may differ on location, I believe) - for those who like all things Dutch.

Top Bottom