Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaliningrad oblast has belonged to Germany, Prussia, Livonia, or the Teutonic Knights from the High Middle Ages to 1945. And there's a bigger gap in Australia.

Kaliningrad oblast was a polish fief since the war 1454-1566 till 1657, with some special polish rights there until the partages.

It proves the need for a Tupi, Polynesian, and some African civ :p

Unlike the big blank spots in Africa, the central Europe is not just deserts and jungles. And unlike Tupi, Polynesia and the Congo, it contributed something to the mankind. Still, actually when I posted the bit about Poland, I thought about posting a comment about a possible Congo civ, which would be cool.

Unlike the big blank spots in Africa, the central Europe is not just deserts and jungles. And unlike Tupi, Polynesia and the Congo, it contributed something to the mankind.

Almost constant whining

Squonk said:
Unlike the big blank spots in Africa, the central Europe is not just deserts and jungles. And unlike Tupi, Polynesia and the Congo, it contributed something to the mankind. Still, actually when I posted the bit about Poland, I thought about posting a comment about a possible Congo civ, which would be cool.

I don't see why we don't just cut the crab and call them Malayo-Polynesians in which case you can fill up a huge part of the world - most of the Pacific, Indonesia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Madagascar, and parts of Vietnam. It's far more consistent than Scandinavians which contains well, Fins.

Sweden was a major power, stretching all around Baltic Sea, having colonies in the New World etc.

Kaliningrad oblast has belonged to Germany, Prussia, Livonia, or the Teutonic Knights from the High Middle Ages to 1945. And there's a bigger gap in Australia.

For the majority of Prussia's history, it was a Polish vassal, thus it was Polish 'owned'.

Sweden was a major power, stretching all around Baltic Sea, having colonies in the New World etc.

Denmark was also a major power, and at many times even larger than Sweden, controlling Gotland, Estonia, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Scania, Schleswig-Holstein and several colonies in India and the Virgin Islands.

Don't mind me, just posting some maps.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

That map is indeed ******ed. So 50+% of China is atheist, yet Japan and France aren't? And why so much non-Protestant Catholic or Orthodox Christianity in America? I mean, what else is there? Are we all secret Nestorians?

That map is indeed ******ed. So 50+% of China is atheist, yet Japan and France aren't? And why so much non-Protestant Catholic or Orthodox Christianity in America? I mean, what else is there? Are we all secret Nestorians?

"Christians from various churches"

Encyclopedia Britannica sucks, I guess.

So 50+% of China is atheist,

Nah, just no majority religion. That region is split between Confucianists, Taoists, and Buddhists, so no religion is followed by 50% of the population.

So apparently Aceh is Sunni, Bali is Sunni, Sulawesi is all Sunni, Irian Jaya is Sunni, Papua is Catholic, Malaysia is all Sunni, the Tiwi Islands are "Indigenous Religions" despite being well Catholic, Burma is well ******ed, Thailand is as well, so is Sri Lanka and I haven't moved out of Southeast Asia yet...

I'm pretty sure you could fit in a Malay civ. Makes more sense than another godforsaken European Civ anyway.

Nah, just no majority religion. That region is split between Confucianists, Taoists, and Buddhists, so no religion is followed by 50% of the population.

No... The Chinese people as a whole for the last 1500 years are not very religious. As in, all the Chinese people have always mixed Confucianism (their morales and values) with Taoism (for protection like over business or family or travel) and Buddhism (for their soul going to heaven stuff) In other words, each of them have their own niche. :p
And you still have to add in Chinese beliefs/culture (ancestor worship, stories of festivals, Jade Emperor)

While communism may have turned many Chinese people agnostic/atheist. Most of the population merely just not include it in their lives at much (no constant prayer, no need it to be part of every aspect of life).

Chinese people are more addicted to opium than religion :p Cept the new Christians. They are fanatical.

Any way, that map is complete BS. Pattani is Muslim, South Korea is spilt 50-50 Chrisitianity and Traditional beliefs (Con, Budd, Tao). Penang, KL, Kuching are not very muslim, more Chinese beliefs or atheist. Punjabi is Sikh, and all the Muslims in India apparently died or something.

For the majority of Prussia's history, it was a Polish vassal, thus it was Polish 'owned'.
You got an really odd idea as to what the 'majority of Prussia's history' is - it was only a Polish vassal for less than a century.

Second peace of Thorn(1466) - 1795 is 329 years. 1796 - Unification of Germany (1871) is 75 years. Do the math.

Enless you count Germany as Prussia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom