Civilization III: Worldwide

Missing Files:

PRTO_Maharata_Infantryman missing the LG/Sm PCX... copied them from unit folder to icons/units folder, had to rename either the PCX files or update the pediaIcons.

and same with PRTO_Swedish_Infantry; did the same, but only had to copy the files over.

No other PCX errors though.

Ethiopian BTR-60 Mechanized Infantry name is likely too long for the game to handle, which has caused the game to have the name shown as 'Ethiopian BTR-60 Mechanized InfaPRTO_BTR-60_Derert_Wyrm'

I'll give play report when I get a bit further into game. :)

Maybe a stupid question, but still... I've just noticed a new resourse "Offshore petroleum". Civilopedia says it's STRATEGIC resourse required for some units. OK, but this offshore petroleum located in sea squares, so how can I get it??? Obviously, my workers can't walk on the waves as Jesus did :lol: & they can't build roads there (only way to bring the resource to your city, isn't it?)
I'm a little confused...

Maybe a stupid question, but still... I've just noticed a new resourse "Offshore petroleum". Civilopedia says it's STRATEGIC resourse required for some units. OK, but this offshore petroleum located in sea squares, so how can I get it??? Obviously, my workers can't walk on the waves as Jesus did :lol: & they can't build roads there (only way to bring the resource to your city, isn't it?)
I'm a little confused...
Use workers to build a sea bridge to it! :lol:

Use workers to build a sea bridge to it! :lol:
Are you kidding, sir? My workers told me they have no idea what the hell is this "sea bridge". Also, they still refuse to work in the sea (even though I loaded them to the transport and brought into the square with this damn Offshore petroleum) :eek:

Seriously, I really want to see how it works. Can someone upload a screenshot here (for example, the city screen with offshore petroleum icon in upper left corner)?

I have uploaded a screenshot, but it was a bug. you aren't supposed to have access to offshore petroleum... it functions as part of unit autoproduction. you aren't supposed to be able to build hulls, mercenary camps, coastal forts, etc; they only come from buildings.

so again, you cant get the resource (except through a bug) so dont bother trying. if a unit requires that resource, it ACTUALLY requires a building first.

so again, you cant get the resource (except through a bug) so dont bother trying. if a unit requires that resource, it ACTUALLY requires a building first.

I intend to fix the ghost Offshore platform resource, but it will take some time to do so. I've also considered adding stealth attack for artillery units, but that would be such a mind-numbing exercise that I don't even want to fathom that right now.

Thanks for the report, Tom. Something definitely went wrong between my upload/download/reupload, because I know 100% that those entries were correct in my final error check. Anyway, I posted a new biq/folder combo in post 1 and in the database.

The Ai seems to have an issue with auto-producing structures, as I've seen others bring up as well. The mercenary barracks, for example: the AI loves to build them, and then sell them upon completion. At first I thought it was because the original merc barracks had very high maintenance costs, but maybe it's just one of those weird behaviors. Making the Mercenary Barracks a small wonder is an option, but not one I'm fond of doing. I am disappointed that the AI does not like the Fortress Attribute, but to make it a plain improvement is way too much of a player bonus. Anyone's experience and opinion on these topics is welcome.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys. You're welcome to post your own world map versions here if you like. I just wouldn't want to invest the time in making one unless I could do the other 7 civs that I want to have.

Prestige Worldwide - Emperor - More Aggressive - Huge Continents
Victory Types: Domination; Hegemony; Conquest

2350BC - Founded New York. Have met a couple neighbors (Greece and Japan) and have traded some techs.

Around 250BC - The city of Thermopylae overthrows the Greeks and joins us! Those people want to eat the peyote!

30BC - Undergo revolution to Kingship (5 turns).

190AD - Greece declares war on the peace-loving Indians (me). The warmongers come rushing in, and the American Indian tribes are not fully prepared for the brutal Europeans.

The American Indians (in their wisdom) outsmart the Greeks, who think it will be 'easy victory' due to their pride. Although Greece had a lot of troops and I didn't; I used the trick of 'place a Wyandot Defender on a mountain' and he (just like the 300) kills many of their troops. Do that multiple times and it became closer to even odds.

Eventually it catches up with the Greeks, and Indians from all over (who were simply enjoying life, hunting and fishing, and being merry) are brought in to fight the war-crazed fanatics! Winebago War Parties are forming en masse; and organized strikes are being made! The ever-so Wise-Man-of-Chief-Mountain (who constantly smokes the Pipe!) has been making the battle plans!

300AD - Winnebago War Parties capture Corinth (Greece). Many Greeks get the scalp.

Mesoamericans have been destroyed.

330AD - Captured Argos (Greece). Scalps are piling up.

360AD - Captured Delphi (Greece). The people are starting to get war weary. I think I conquer all remaining Greece cities on this continent because Japan is quite a tough civ, they are pretty big.

380AD - Captured Pharsalos (Greece). Scalps are all over the place.

420AD - 12 Winnebago War Parties, with 6 more close behind; advance on the Greek capitol of Athens. The Athenians; whom King Leonidas has referred to as philosophers and, uh, boy-lovers; are running scared of the mighty American Indians, whom are ready to take even more scalps.

A few Greek units, a couple Hoplites and a Phalanx are attempting a pathetic attack against Philadelphia, where the mighty, experience, and elite guard of the Iroquoian family Wendat (also known as the Wyandot people) are protecting it. They guard the mountain passes; and severely punish the 'easy to spot' Greek units.

430AD - The Athenians are running scared from Philadelphia like little crying babies. Trying to get back to the safety of Athens; but Athens is about to be ransaked with every inhabitant scalped for their horrible transgressions against the peace loving tobacco-smoking peyote-eating American Indians!

Athens is captured (Greek). Only the workers and a few others are kept alive in order to pay their debts. 6 War Parties are lost in the attack; and 6 Greek defenders are killed.

The Greeks have hastily moved their Captiol to the nearby city of Knossos. Even in the Palace labyrinth of Knossos, these warmongerers will have no where to hide!

450AD - I now control the Parthenon, which the Indians use to force the remaining Greeks (that were spared) to fight for them. A Corinthian Hoplite is auto-produced, and will be sent into battle (but he ends up being too slow to make it to Knossos in time; as the Indians are just too quick and agile).

460AD - Knossos is captured (Greek). Some ships docked there are burned with all aboard. Now that I control all Greek cities on this continent, I tell Hellas that it must be peace or the Greeks will be systematically destroyed. I demand Map Making, Polytheism, Construction, Code of Laws, and Philosphy. They can only accept my completely fair and just offer. The war is over, for now.

A map of my territory, and the order of Conquest against the Greeks:
Spoiler :

The Greeks were wise to accept your fair and generous terms. A successful campaign like that should be celebrated with much tobacco and firewater. All those Greek ships really did a steller job of protecting their cities, too. Next you'll have to wipe out the Japanese before they start mass producing Kamakura Samurai.

If you play it out to the Industrial and Modern Eras, you'll find the U.S. has some nice new toys to play with.

I've tried to play on Kal-El's world map (180x180) with minor changes (added new resourses: sheeps, silver, tobacco, rice, etc). Just to see how it works. As expected, it was a much less interesting than any random map. I've finished in 1000 BC, when the game became too easy and 100% predictable. I was Russia on monarch (too easy, as it turned out) level & my only goal was colonization of the boundless Russian lands while the Europeans were too busy building Wonders (for me, although they are still unaware :lol:) or even killing each other (like Germans & Poles who located very close).

002.jpg
Here is Europe in 1000 BC - bunch of weak and undeveloped countries. We, the great East European people, can't look at this without tears. That's why our troops (15 scythian archers) are preparing for the "Great Liberation Campaign" in Europe. Our only problem - lack of iron (so we stuck with archers). As soon as we'll get access to iron (near Greek colony in South Ukraine), Daughter-Europe will be integrated with Mother-Russia...

003.jpg
Here is the map of Great Scythia (future Russia) in 1000 BC.

001.jpg
Btw, West Africans were the ones who struck me. They had FOUR cities in 2710 BC (first time I saw this in usual game)! They were the indisputable world leader & could become an African superpower. However... for some strange reasons, West African rulers refused of further expansion and stayed with their 4 cities until 1000 BC. Thus, their so promising start leading them to typical finale.

SUMMARY All the worldmaps have a fatal drawback - Europe is too small and too overcrowded. Regardless of map size, Russia will always have more land > more cities > more units > military victories > control over Europe > world domination. Not sure if I'll finish this game after the victory over Europe. Hopefully India, China or the U.S. will become a worthy competitors.

Hello, really nice mod! I love to see mods with a lot of work on them. I have few questions and suggestions:

- What is mean this symbol on the city buildings (*) ? It fu* me many times, because I build some building with this symbol and after few turns it's missing. I guess maybe this you can build only in one town, so when you build it in another one it is automatic moved there, but I refuse to accept this, because sounds crazy.
- I see strange acts from the AI players. They declare war and in the next turn peace. Is it normal?(this only between them)
- It will be lovely if we put nice music for this mod(good mod, good music). The old beating duff---duff music from CIV III is so primitive. Like a kid is hit right on your had with a bat. I put on my CIV III music from CIV V and I will do the same with your mod, because I like him. (=
- I don't like that I build wonder that give you units and few turns left it stops, because of new technology. I don't grow technologically so fast. (=

I'm still playing my first game of your mod dudes. I'm somewhere in 1920. Once again: I like it very much, it is excellent work, no crashes and nothing missing for now. I like very much how every nation have different looking warriors, workers. This I hate in all original civilization = everything same! Thank you for your work and hope this mod will not stop growing. (=

- What is mean this symbol on the city buildings (*) ? It fu* me many times, because I build some building with this symbol and after few turns it's missing. I guess maybe this you can build only in one town, so when you build it in another one it is automatic moved there, but I refuse to accept this, because sounds crazy.

This thing called "city attribute" & you can build it in addition to usual buildings and wonders. But only 1 attribute per city (for example: winery, if you have access to wine). You still can build a second attribute (if it became more important to you), but the previous one disappears. So, you just have to decide what is most needed in each particular city

To AnthonyBoscia:
I've just found a small bug. West Africans are expansionists, yet they have no any civ-specific scout and can't build scouts at all. They start with Russian scout :) & as soon as this scout lost, they can no longer call themselves expansionists. That's not good.

This thing called "city attribute" & you can build it in addition to usual buildings and wonders. But only 1 attribute per city (for example: winery, if you have access to wine). You still can build a second attribute (if it became more important to you), but the previous one disappears. So, you just have to decide what is most needed in each particular city

Thank you dude, that will help me now (= .

I see strange acts from the AI players. They declare war and in the next turn peace. Is it normal?(this only between them)
- It will be lovely if we put nice music for this mod(good mod, good music). The old beating duff---duff music from CIV III is so primitive. Like a kid is hit right on your had with a bat. I put on my CIV III music from CIV V and I will do the same with your mod, because I like him. (=
- I don't like that I build wonder that give you units and few turns left it stops, because of new technology. I don't grow technologically so fast.

Thanks, Oxus!
The AI's decision to declare war and peace can't really be altered, so that's just typical Civ III behavior.
I agree with you on the soundtrack; the Civ games have always been deficient in this aspect. I actually assembled a fairly large soundtrack but never completed it, as it is time consuming and I wanted to concentrate on making the game playable. Perhaps in a future release.
Which wonders went obsolete on you? Some of them do have fairly small windows if you don't build them right away. In this aspect they act as mini-golden ages for single cities (Parthenon, Roman Forum, East India Co).

This I hate in all original civilization = everything same!

Me, too. That's why I made the mod. :)

I've just found a small bug. West Africans are expansionists, yet they have no any civ-specific scout and can't build scouts at all. They start with Russian scout :) & as soon as this scout lost, they can no longer call themselves expansionists. That's not good.

Not good at all. I think I had trouble finding a suitable unit to act as the West African scout and never followed up. I'll fix this in the near future. Don't worry about the Russian Scout...he had been an advisor to Benin in the late 70's and stayed in Africa to do land surveys.

Which wonders went obsolete on you? Some of them do have fairly small windows if you don't build them right away. In this aspect they act as mini-golden ages for single cities (Parthenon, Roman Forum, East India Co).

I'm with the Germans and the wonder was about Teutonic warriors. I built it as possible as I could.

What you think dude about the soundtrack? Do you have some ideas?

Here I"m again.

Why I have in two cities *shipyard ? I'm still trying to understand this new function. :)

I report one game error: SCREENSHOT

Now I will put in the folder of [US Marine] some sound to Infantry death and continue my interesting game :) .

P.S. I fixed it, it is not missing file, but wrong name.

Here I"m again.

Why I have in two cities *shipyard ? I'm still trying to understand this new function. :)

I report one game error: SCREENSHOT

Now I will put in the folder of [US Marine] some sound to Infantry death and continue my interesting game :) .

P.S. I fixed it, it is not missing file, but wrong name.

i have this error now stopping my game also but mine appears to be named correctly,just what did you rename to fix it?

Hey St1nky,

Do a search on 'InfantryDeath.wav" in Civ3 (any file will do for any Civ Conquest or Senario folder), copy it. Go the this game, Art/Units/US Marine and paste it in...

If you cant find 'InfantryDeath.wav", search for "Death.wav" - copy it, paste it to the above folder, edit the name to 'InfantryDeath.wav" , restart the game and you are away...

You will gets lots of these types of things, mostly the compressed files have problems un-compressing - or sometimes the Modders havent put them in, but this is the easiest (and quickest) way to keep your game moving along.

I hope this helps

i have this error now stopping my game also but mine appears to be named correctly,just what did you rename to fix it?

I deleted the space between (th) and (.wav), because it was InfantryDeath .wav . S now is InfantryDeath.wav .

I got second crash when I built something about the Hegemony project and and window about percent Hegemony´s complete was opened. Then I tried to close it, but I saw only white screen and blocking game. When I loaded the autosave there was no problem again.

I playing a second game now. First with Germany and now with India. I can't feel the nationality of Indians so good like with the Germans. That is because if I want to build German UU I need iron, but for Indians it is elephants and they are not easy to find on the map.

I also met an error that I see it is here in previous post
PRTO_Maharata_Infantryman

Also they are missing sounds for some Indian troops and they become silent army.

Edit 25.04.2011

One visual defect

Top Bottom