WWII PBEM - Tora

I finally rid my self of that nuisance, Casper. He shot down at least two planes on previous turns (may have been more). He took another of my fighters down with him this turn before I finally shot him down. I hope Casper died in the air battle, but it was over London so it's possible that he ejected before his plane was destroyed. I'd hate to have to face him again...

Stalin makes a speech of the benefits that Communism has brought to the Soviet Union!

Sent to Eclipse / Commonwealth...

American President Roosevelt has elected to defend his borders in the wake of a world turned on its head...

Adolph Hitler will be on vacation for two weeks starting on Thursday with limited access to the internet. Yes, the German's (not Al Gove) invented the internet pre-1940. Coded messages will be sent via the Enigma... wait, you guys don't know what that is yet. Sorry...

In any event, after Thursday turns will be played as time, internet access and wife approval :lol: allow.

GPS to Hirohito-san.

Is it just my computer or does it take forever to play a turn. The lag is so bad for me that it takes about 15 seconds to move the screen. :sad:

Mitchum - I dont have that issue generally. I only get laggy in the hugest of games and usually only after my laptop has gone to hibernate mode first. Apparently it never fully wakes up again :p

But I also have the graphics toned down slightly to only have 1 thing represent each unit. ie. instead of a group of 3 archers walking around, its only one large archer character. I actually like it better that way, and it helps run the games a lot cleaner, just a slight suggestion.

I have 2 processors and feel a slight lag but there is a lot going on in this one and that is normal.
But yours sounds pretty bad, maybe at the same time you were processing something else.
Maybe your PC needs some attention.
I know of a lot of things that can be done

It turns out that I had Outlook running at the same time. When I play these turns I usually re-boot my PC and don't load anything but I didn't do it this time. It's always a bit slow with this huge map. Maybe it's slow because I have soooooo many units... ;)

I already have single-unit graphics, low-detail terain, no movies, etc. to reduce the graphics requirements. Hopefully without Outlook running it won't be so painful next turn.

GPS to Stalin.

News from Japan: Bangkok has fallen! (and also another chinese city).

(I don't have any issue running the game on my laptop, and I have high-detail graphics.)

Sorry for the delay, I have the save but have a technical difficulty, I had World War II - 1939 Mod installed on the "Steam" version but since then installed the "CD" version. I went to the steam version and copied the World War II - 1939 Mod mod folder and pasted it into the Cd versions mod folder but it didn't work?

I'm currently downloading the 2 parts again to fix the problem

Neither Post#1 or Post#24 (which are different btw) downloads work :(
Post#24 second file
002 is corrupt, I tried it 3 times
hopefully I've backed it up on a portable drive

I have updated the links to my version of the MOD.

It's the mega directory divided in 2 with 2downloads in .zip files. When uninstalling unzip #1 and then #2 and if it asks to "overwrite" just say yes.

Top Bottom