Catapults, Do reduced city defenses come back?

davidpsummers

Chieftain
Catapults reduce city defenses, right. Do those come back? Where can you see how much they have been reduced?

There's a % above the city name, I think. That's the defensive bonus units inside the city get. If you don't see anything like that, it means the city has no defensive bonus. That number will go down with every turn you use catapults on it. If you stop, or if it gets down to nothing, one turn later the number will start creeping back up again. It will take 5-10 turns I believe to get back to where it was originally.

tdy is right. After a turn or two of not bombarding, the % will slowly increase. This means that you should attack the enemy ASAP when the % is gone (which means it is at 0).

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Or you can have a spy cause a city revolt. That neutralizes all defenses.

Or you can have a spy cause a city revolt. That neutralizes all defenses.

Using a spy also damages units in the city. If you have the espionage available this is often the best way. The units will heal after that, however. So the city revolt gives you one turn to go in and take it. Just be sure you have the units on hand to take the city immediately.

Using a spy also damages units in the city. If you have the espionage available this is often the best way. The units will heal after that, however. So the city revolt gives you one turn to go in and take it. Just be sure you have the units on hand to take the city immediately.
Spies don't damage units, the only revolts that damage troops are those caused by culture.

There's a % above the city name, I think. That's the defensive bonus units inside the city get. If you don't see anything like that, it means the city has no defensive bonus. That number will go down with every turn you use catapults on it. If you stop, or if it gets down to nothing, one turn later the number will start creeping back up again. It will take 5-10 turns I believe to get back to where it was originally.

Thanks for the Info...

Top Bottom