Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

nother game as woodelves,

ancestor gods founded turn 6 by dwarfs!

had 3 bad events in 3 turns, unlucky? (i very rarely get nice events, we need more nice ones ;))

the building i siad before that is too large is the wheel wright

got a python error, when the 'greatest civs' screen came up (see pic)

got another random CTD, very wierd, mid turn too :confused: wierd, ill post the save game

Attachments

• greatest civs error.jpg
    greatest civs error.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 455
  • AutoSave_BC-3840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    236.8 KB · Views: 322
Interestingly enough there has been a CTD or python error or an error in general... both my games have crashed probably because i shouldnt be running quite as much stuff as a i do... but other than that its been fairly stable, non choppy and quite fun even in current form

Thats from 3 games all just reaching the second age before my comp crashed... Empire, Lizardmen, Empire all on varying map types, Archipelago, Pangea, Continents

First i want to say thanks for a great mod! I have been following, and playing WFB since its vanilla civ4 days. In fact it is the reason i got Civ4 (Not that civ4 isnt a good game. I'm a civ 2 vet.)

I ran into a CTD after 1 game as Empire vs. 3 AI players ( Allied High Elves, Skaven, and Dark Elves). I wanted to play as Chaos, but it seems the BTS version doesn't have Chaos yet (i don't count the chaos dwarves as a chaos faction). The crash happened when i tried to train a spear militia using the "bloodbowl" option. I had all techs researched, and I was about to open a can of whoopass on the Dark Elves, and Skaven before this happened.

In any case the mod played very smoothly up until that point. Unlike the warlords version where i would get random CTD's at any given time.

I wish i could offer you more help for the mod other than playtesting. You guys are doing an excellent job with what little resources you have. :)

Interestingly enough there has been a CTD or python error or an error in general... both my games have crashed probably because i shouldnt be running quite as much stuff as a i do... but other than that its been fairly stable, non choppy and quite fun even in current form

Thats from 3 games all just reaching the second age before my comp crashed... Empire, Lizardmen, Empire all on varying map types, Archipelago, Pangea, Continents

Saves? Logs?

First i want to say thanks for a great mod! I have been following, and playing WFB since its vanilla civ4 days. In fact it is the reason i got Civ4 (Not that civ4 isnt a good game. I'm a civ 2 vet.)

I ran into a CTD after 1 game as Empire vs. 3 AI players ( Allied High Elves, Skaven, and Dark Elves). I wanted to play as Chaos, but it seems the BTS version doesn't have Chaos yet (i don't count the chaos dwarves as a chaos faction). The crash happened when i tried to train a spear militia using the "bloodbowl" option. I had all techs researched, and I was about to open a can of whoopass on the Dark Elves, and Skaven before this happened.

In any case the mod played very smoothly up until that point. Unlike the warlords version where i would get random CTD's at any given time.

I wish i could offer you more help for the mod other than playtesting. You guys are doing an excellent job with what little resources you have. :)
Thx. Will look into the Bloodbowl issue.
There are three factions of Chaos in addition to Chaos Dwarves: Kurgan, Norse and Hung;)

dont forget beasts of chaos :)

i had another random CTD at end of turn as empire, around turn i was part way through researching animal husbandry and my worker had started work on a road :confused: there dosnt seem to be any connections between CTDs though, hmmm

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3904.CivBeyondSwordSave
    185.4 KB · Views: 298
nother game as woodelves,

ancestor gods founded turn 6 by dwarfs!

had 3 bad events in 3 turns, unlucky? (i very rarely get nice events, we need more nice ones ;))

the building i siad before that is too large is the wheel wright

got a python error, when the 'greatest civs' screen came up (see pic)

got another random CTD, very wierd, mid turn too :confused: wierd, ill post the save game

Ctd caused by wrongly linked Goblinarcher. fixed

Thx. Will look into the Bloodbowl issue.
There are three factions of Chaos in addition to Chaos Dwarves: Kurgan, Norse and Hung;)

Ok, its official im an idiot :p I was looking specifically for Archaon. I didnt realize you made those factions Chaos :)

Never mind;)

Just Uploaded.

Patch b (will break saves):
-Conversion to FFH 0.25 K
-fixed ctd caused wrongly linked goblinarcher(officermodell)
-added Dawn of Man Text(by Psychic Llamas)
-fixed ctd (Bloodbowlmatches)
-Barrows now spawn Restless(Str 3 + 2 Death), let me know if that's still too tough
-a few pediaentries and Techquotes(Masada)
-fantasyterrain won't normalize(won't appear on random maps - it's meant for the scenario)
-yieldchanges to fantasyterrain

Got a CTD trying to build a Light Cavalry unit as Kurgan today. The crash happened as i clicked on the unit in the build queue

Got a CTD trying to build a Light Cavalry unit as Kurgan today. The crash happened as i clicked on the unit in the build queue

Pink button, right? Sorry for that but linking around 750 models things like that happen.:crazyeye:
Seen any more pink buttons?

You can probably continue your game if you just drop a button named chaosraider.dds into the folder assets/art/interface/buttons/units.

Yup, that fixed it. Is it possible to nerf the barbarians a little bit? in early games they can be quite devastating. I think a strength of 4 should be fair enough.

i agree with Major stress on this one. im always falling behind at around third or second last with points because i have to keep pumping out warriors rather than buildings and settlers and because of lots of warriros im always in debt. strength 4 would be fine.

4 more errors with the latest patch:

hawks prdce an error with the spell (escape??) attached to them (ill get a pic later i forgot in the game) python error i think.

the other 3 are in the pics.

a lot of the tech paths are jumbled. they will need some rethinking later. it would be nice if the colleges of magic were National wonders rather than world wonders, because then all civs can use that kind of magic. also the white tower should be a raceable wonder between elven civs.

Attachments

• longshoreman error.jpg
    longshoreman error.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 329
  • spell error 2.jpg
    spell error 2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 344
  • uranium error.jpg
    uranium error.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 277
4 more errors with the latest patch:

hawks prdce an error with the spell (escape??) attached to them (ill get a pic later i forgot in the game) python error i think.

the other 3 are in the pics.

a lot of the tech paths are jumbled. they will need some rethinking later. it would be nice if the colleges of magic were National wonders rather than world wonders, because then all civs can use that kind of magic. also the white tower should be a raceable wonder between elven civs.

I don't see why the elves should race for the white tower. It's planned to be the requirement to build Highelf Mages and Swordmasters of Hoeth. I was thinking about a Unit Acolyte of Hoeth that could then either be upgraded to Swordmasters or Mages.
The Darkelves already got the Dark Convent of Sorceresses for that purpose, I just need another for Woodelves. I don't have any fluff on Loren so I must relie on you here what that should be.

You're maybe right about the colleges though.

oh i see what you were doing :)
ok, in that case you could make the 'Tower of the Eternal Wood' the woodelf one that gives Loren spells. that solves the issue of what to do with that wonder... (tower of Eternal wood was the tower built by a mythical spellweaver from theforest itself, who locked himself away to study and then one day it was just open with all his works still inside...)

it would also be nice if you disabled the Highelf only and Darkelf only units from the other civs (magic users in particular) because they clog up the build list.

Patch C is up:
-Added Tribunal(Empire Inquisition replacement - modelart woodelf)
-fixed buildqueue ctd of Kurgan Light Knight
-fixed Skaven not displaying cityart
-new Leaderheadart for Settra, Tehenhauin by Hexagonian
-new Leaderart for Karl Franz
-new Leaderart for King Louen
-new flag and civbutton for Lahmia(by Psychic Llamas)
-polished Leaderart for Amazon Leader
-deleted Civic: Worship
-Civic Horde -> Horsebackriding
-Roaming Tutorage ->unlimited Bard, lost culture commerce
-Caste System (Tech Philosophy, Unlimited Spy)
-some changes to the techtree
-nerfed Restless to str 4
-fixed pythonerror related to longshoreman
-fixed escape spell for real this time
-possible fix for impact crater event
-Religion should work like Gods of Old now?

Thx to all the playtesters. Your reports were really valuable to me. The more stable this gets the more time I can spend on designing again. So lets hope this gets fully playable soon:)

awsome, im Downloading now :)

EDIT: a couple bugs:

the first one popped up at least 4 times every turn! :confused:

the second one is just a typo i think. im Khemri and i founded Immortality religion, but here it says Khemri is owned by Lhamia who isnt even in the game! also Ai are still not founding religions, even though they have the techs. i suggest increasing the ammount the AI value the Religious Shrine buildings?

much better tech paths now, great work :D. the restless are also better, Ta.

Attachments

• spell error 3.jpg
    spell error 3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 348
  • religion bug.jpg
    religion bug.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 343
Top Bottom