Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

All first level spells miscast, some of the others too but I didn't record every single one. Scorch (Fire 1) allows you to cast Fireball, or would if it didn't also miscast every time.

Ok, i just had an awsome game as woodelves :D

a couple of things:

all spells misscast if the caster is not an Archmage (or equvilent level? i havent tries with Magisters)

fireball and flameburst are overpowered. they instantly destroy all units in the target tile, this makes it very easy to take cities ;) give them % damage, or a collateral attack.

The Restless are currently very fun :) there are a tonne of them, but they are not too tough to kill that it makes development impossible, but they are still a challenge for new units. the barbs are a great way to pass the time when your not off killing Dwarfs :)

Marsh appear far too often, and surely there would be a better way to implement them than having them take up a resource slot? they look great though and the defence bonus has saved my ass a few times. (perhaps Marsh could have a chance of causing disease in a unit on the tile (5%?) or a chance of removing their movement for a turn? (getting stick in the muck for a turn or 2 would be interesting)

Norse Javaline throwers are red blobs still

is it possible to make the number of national units you have dependent on the number of cities? ie every 2 cities gives you 1 dryad, every 3 cities gives you 1 unicorn, and every 5 cities gives you a treeman.

Treemen should not replace red dragons, thats what the forest dragon is supposed to do. and where are the treekin?

my game ended with it randomly freezing and popping up with an invisible message (i could tell because the mouse curser changed to the white windows arrow) ill post a savegame

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3652.CivBeyondSwordSave
    632.6 KB · Views: 287
Yeah I saw the same thing with the spells, I had wanted to test the balance of the new spellcasters. I did a game where all I had was two casters and they conquered me an entire Civ with Crush and Fire Elemental. Its all in the balance of the level III spells but I don't think that really needs to be addressed just yet, finish the spells before deciding how to tend to spellcasters but doing National Units for those who can cast lvl III spells is probably the best idea.

Btw is there anything specific as a playstyle either of you would like me to test out? I kinda wanted to test spells but since thats not working right now I'm at a loss for what to test.

im not too sure, im just testing for enjoyment. what things do you like about it, what dont you like? what needs to be changed gameplay wise? etc etc. so i guess see what Ploe would like to be tested playstyle wise ;)

is it possible to make the number of national units you have dependent on the number of cities? ie every 2 cities gives you 1 dryad, every 3 cities gives you 1 unicorn, and every 5 cities gives you a treeman.
It's possible but I don't want to have a pythoncheck for every unit so it will stay as is now.

Treemen should not replace red dragons, thats what the forest dragon is supposed to do. and where are the treekin?
I don't have the woodelfarmiesbook and would need to know the rules about them. I thought I could use some diversity for tier 3 Monsters but I guess Treemen could also be a replacement for armored units:lol:

yeh treemen could replace the stem tank... but isnt that a tier 3 unit?

what is the generic unit path? it has changed so much that i dont know what is what anymore. would you be able to post an updated unit list and their tiers etc so i can help with missing units and where to put them??

would adding extra python checks for city determined units make the game slower? is there some other way to determine the max number of national units? (3 unicorns are pathetic on a huge map when your trying to defend against 3 different civs. maybe make unit limit determined by map size?)

Didnt know where else to put this but anyways, i am really looking into the Artstyles lately and i noticed you have three and sometimes four of the same exact line in the thread? ie:

Spoiler :
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_ARCHER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_PYGMAE</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_PYGMAE</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARCHER_PYGMAE</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

why is that? just wondering is all.

what map type is that strtegyonly? its increadibly wierd... fantasy with illogical resources?

for some reason Tilea is alway my biggest rival :confused: they always steam ahead of everyone. (found most of the religions and always get the militia units way before me and other civs,(although once they nearly got smeared over the floor by the AI lizardmen :D))

what map type is that strtegyonly? its increadibly wierd... fantasy with illogical resources?

for some reason Tilea is alway my biggest rival :confused: they always steam ahead of everyone. (found most of the religions and always get the militia units way before me and other civs,(although once they nearly got smeared over the floor by the AI lizardmen :D))

That is a map that i did of myself.:p
btw, which area do i have to change to get my civ4_title_small to work correctly?:blush:
Also which area do i have to change to get that great looking green grass you'll have?;)

Didnt know where else to put this but anyways, i am really looking into the Artstyles lately and i noticed you have three and sometimes four of the same exact line in the thread? ie:

Spoiler :
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_ARCHER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
</UnitMeshGroup>
<UnitMeshGroup>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

why is that? just wondering is all.

Also had these audio files messed up? Dont know, you might have taken care of them already.???

You didn't download the soundtrack. the multiple lines have to do something with meshgroups.

:blush: oops, i put my foot in it then, sorry :blush: what is the map of? (warhammer world, some other world?)

not sure what a civ4_title_small is :blush:
not sure about the last question too, sorry :p

ahaha nope, thats ok, that is a map of "MYSELF" i made, its called strategyonly, LOL:goodjob: :lol: :lol: :crazyeye: I mainly use that map, cause its hard to play on and win.

Ploe: umm meshgroups, umm not sure why you'd need more than one??:crazyeye:

Ploe: you know anything about these?btw, which area do i have to change to get my civ4_title_small to work correctly?
Also which area do i have to change to get that great looking green grass you'll have?

dang i should of thought of the soundtrack stuff, sorry. WOW 204 MB of sound, WOW

The green grass is just a terrain texturereplacement. Search for the civtitle in the pythonscreens.

ok found the texture, thx.
But i searched twice for the title and nothing, i first searched for "civ 4 title", and nothing then just "title", and still nothing, in the python area, all 24 of them?:blush:

Also in pic noticed (see red lines), mine does include patch.

I don't have the woodelfarmiesbook and would need to know the rules about them. I thought I could use some diversity for tier 3 Monsters but I guess Treemen could also be a replacement for armored units:lol:

I own both versions (old and new) of the WE-Armybooks, just pm me for Information, you just have to retranslate it into english :lol:

uploaded Patch G:
-Trait subterranean(can only found cities on hills)
-Destruction autospreads in Greenskin/Ogrelords cities and no other Religions can coexist with it.
-Destruction won't spread to other civs(I hope)
-Religion Elven, Ancestors, Oldones spread on citybuilt for the respective civs
-Techchooser shows only favorite Religion
-Civs can only build shrines of favorite Religion
-fixed ressourceicons
-removed Destruction Missionary
-increased combat wavesizes
-increased camera combatzoom mindistance
-fixed red blobs Militia Swordsman, Tilea Horseman Officer, Norse Javelineer(please notify me of any more you find!)
-fixed norse cottages
-rewrote religionfoundingmechanic(removed Gods of Old code)
-added Runeforge(artmodel woodelf)
-added Weaponsmith
-Ship of the Line requires Astronomy
-added petrified forest

Top Bottom