Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

Obviousl you had a dumb 32-bit version of Windows 7, I got 64-bit because I'm bootcamping it on a Mac (all recent Macs are 64-bit...)
Yeah, pretty sure. Lol.

I got windows 7 64-bit edition, I need it for my new computer that has a AMD Phetom X4 II black edition, got a speed of 3.02 or 2.02, and it's overclock to give me about 3216.0 MHz which is pretty good, but I still get lag when i play most of the mods here in civilization 4. I wish sid mejer's make another patch that contains support for multi-core, and I can get rid most of the lag, mods such as CAR mod, and other speed mods out there can clear the rest of it.

I can notice that I get lag when I got a slow interaction speed when clicking on buttons, or I cannot cheat promote very fast (and sometimes accidentally hit the explore button)... I hate slowness sometimes because it just make the game look very boring if it's not very fast and active.

... I wish sid mejer's make another patch that contains support for multi-core, and I can get rid most of the lag, mods such as CAR mod, and other speed mods out there can clear the rest of it.

I have often wondered about this myself, given the popularity of civilization 4 and all its mods, why does firaxis not release a patch for multi-core support or expansion containing that feature.

I can't get it to start. First, it takes at least three minutes to actually start loading then it ctd's :confused:

(Installing regular version then patching to 0.03b)

I have often wondered about this myself, given the popularity of civilization 4 and all its mods, why does firaxis not release a patch for multi-core support or expansion containing that feature.

Civ4 is a very old game. Firaxis isn't really getting any new revenue from the project.

I can't get it to start. First, it takes at least three minutes to actually start loading then it ctd'

The ~3 min load time is because of poorly compressed graphics files.
I *think* PL knows the solution for that?

Do you get an error message, or just straight CTD?
What OS?
Also: with the lingering pointers to Fall Further 051, maybe you have a more up to date version instead that it is confusing it? (Do you still have FF 051 installed?)

Yeah, but you can't expect them to spend resources on a product that isn't generating any revenue for them. They're not a charity. BTS 3.19 was surprising enough, a lot of people thought that they were done with Civ4 even before that.

A Civ5 would have to be very different somehow.

Yeah, I think the current version still has a few pointers to Fall Further 051, and so it will only work if FF051 is also installed.

Fixing this is on PL's to-do-list.

First post said:
Install Instructions:

* WHoC 0.03 is a stand alone installation and does not require any other files to be installed
Hehehe ;)

I'm attaching a link to the pathnames fix I put in the team forum last month; it looks like no one had downloaded it. Try it and rename your Fall Further 051 folder to something else to verify if that fixes the issue.

Any chance of an official patch incorporating the bugfixes and art loadtime compression?

Any chance of an official patch incorporating the bugfixes and art loadtime compression?

i have finally scrounged up some free time and have got the fix orlanth just posted to work, ive also successfully compressed the art file. the game now takes about 90-110 seconds to load. not perfect but its better.

Ive also fixed the intro music and added a Warhammer load screen.

Heres the current changelog:

• Fixed CTD thanks to Orlanth and the rest of the team (thanks for your patience on this)
  • Reduced load time by compressing the art into a .FPK file
  • fixed the intro music and added a Warhammer load screen.
  • KG2: adjusted the woodelf bonuses from forests (+1 hammer from new forest, forest and +1 food from ancient forest) New forest gives +0.5 health, forest gives +0.6 health, and ancient forest gives +0.75 health.
  • ancient forest have the same yeilds as a normal forest (ie just +1 hammer) but with greater defense (+50% defense)
  • KG1: fixed the EQUIPMENT_CONTAINER XML error on startup
  • BD1: Workers can now build trails with the Wild Paths tech correctly.
  • BD5: Adjusted some tech requirements (Lordship req. military discipline and philosophy. Tyranny req. Military Discipline, warefare and Bronzeworking. Tzeentch Req. Corruption of chaos and literacy.)
  • BD7: Workers can build Corrals correctly
  • BD10: Workers can build Meteorite Mines correctly (excluding Woodelf Workers)
  • Added Orc and Goblin Civs with leaders and flag art.

EDIT: i want to start looking into the religion founding mechanics, but i have lost the OLD version of warhammer, pre patch 3.19 when we had working religions. does anyone still have the files from any of those versions that i can look at?

EDIT2: thankfully i found the old XML files but i still need the old python files to do anything with religions :(

I still have the old version of the WH mod.

Which files do you want? The whole thing is huge.

What's the best way for me to send you large amounts of file data?

Here are the python files.

Another thought: will the load times be improved by deleting a lot of the unused FFH/FF art file content?

Attachments

• python.rar
    440.8 KB · Views: 59
Sounds good, getting religion python mechanics (founding and spread) working would be excellent.

Once we have a new version, we can start crunching through the issues in the buglist already posted, and then start up on magic.

Another thought: do we have the Wonders coded in XML?
We can probably use the old mod version as a guide (though it had a bunch of bugs - and included the technology affected buildings mod, so can't be used directly).

Some old thoughts on tweaking the old design (comments very much appreciated!)

(I don't have the old XML with me, so I might be missing some of the old ones we used to have. I don't think we should have a Great Wall though, messes up the Uprisings too much.

Spoiler :

Bloodweiser Stadium, 400 hammers. Requires Bloodbowl Stadium building. Requires Tyranny tech AND construction tech.
Gives -100% war weariness in city. Gives +2 happy. Gives -25% war weariness in all cities.

Great Forge, 500 hammers, double construction speed with coal.
Requires Steel tech.
Gives +50% hammers with iron
Gives +50% hammers with coal.
Allows 2 citizens to be converted to engineer.
+2 engineer gpps

Palace of the Wizard Caliph, 500 hammers, double speed with marble.
Triggers free golden age.
Requires elemental magic tech.
Allows 1 citizens to be converted to lord.
+2 lord GPPs

Philosopher's Stone, 500, double speed with Gold. Requires alchemy tech.
Gives +6 gold (money, not the resoruce), and provides 2 copies of the Gold resource.
Allows 1 citizen to be converted to sage.
+2 sage GPP.

For now, just make all the colleges world wonders. We can worry later about balancing their access properly.

Amber Brotherhood, 400 hammers, double speed with Breeding Grounds (the strategic resource).
Requires Education tech. Requires Lore of Beasts tech.
Required for amber wizard mage unit.
Gives +25% beakers, +3 xp for newly created beast units.

The Amethyst Order, 400 hammers, double speed with incense. Requires Education tech. Requires Lore of Death tech.
Required for amber wizard mage unit.
Gives +25% beakers, +3 health.

The Bright Order, 400 hammers, requires University (just one), double speed with Brightstone.
Requires Education tech, Requires Lore of Fire tech
Required for bright wizard mage unit.
Gives +50% beakers.

Celestial College, requires Observatory (just one), 400 hammers, double speed with Marble,
Requires Education tech, Requires Lore of Heavens tech
Required for Celestial wizard mage unit.
Gives +25% beakers, gives +2 xp for newly created naval units.
[Can only be created in coastal city??]

Golden Order, reduce science bonus to 25%, 400 hammers double speed with Gold.
Requires Education tech, Requires Lore of metal tech
Required for Gold wizard mage unit.
Gives +25% beakers, gives +25% hammers.
Allows 1 citizen to be converted to engineer.

Grey order, 300 hammers.
Requires Education tech, Requires Lore of shadow tech
Required for Grey wizard mage unit.
Gives +25% beakers, gives +10 espionage points.

Jade College, 400 hammers, no affinity, no build requirement.
Requires Education tech, Requires Lore of life tech
Required for jade wizard mage unit.
Gives +10% food, gives +2 health.

Great Bazaar, 400 hammers.
Requires currency tech.
Gives +3 trade routes.
Gives +50% trade route yield.
Gives +25% gold.
Allows 1 citizen to be converted to merchant.
+2 merchant GPPs.

Silk Route, 500 hammers, +50% build speed with horses, +50% build speed with silk
Requires trade tech
Gives +4 gold, 3 copies of Silk resource.
+2 merchant GPPs.

Spice Road, 500 hammers, +50% build speed with horses, +50% build speed with spices
Requires trade tech
Gives +4 gold, 3 copies of Spice resource.
+2 merchant GPPs.

Tristan's Theatre, requires Theatre, 400 hammers, double speed with Dyes.
Requires civil service tech.
Removes all unhappiness in city.
Allows 1 citizen to be converted to lord.
+2 lord GPPs.

Gnomish workshop.
300 hammers
Requires Invention tech.
Gives +1 beaker, +1 hammer, +1 gold.
Units in this city have -30% upgrade cost.
Allows 1 citizen to be converted to engineer.
+1 engineer GPPs.

War Academy (national wonder)
300 hammers
Requires military tradition tech.
Gives +100% military production.
Requires a unit of level 4.

We need some more wonders, for sure.

some random possibilities:
Philosopher's school (national wonder)
150 hammers
Requires philosophy tech.
Gives +50% GPP bonus.
Gives +1 lord GPP.

XYZ's Expedition (whatever Estalian discovered the new world in warhammer canon)
200 hammers
Requires navigation tech.
Gives +4 xp to newly create naval units.
+25% naval unit production.
Can only be built in coastal city.

Royal Tourney
Requires tournaments tech
400 hammers, double speed with horses.
Gives +4 xp to newly created shock cavalry units.

Mighty citadel (natioanal wonder)
Requires citadel, replaces citadel
Requires advanced engineering tech.
400 hammers.
Gives +100% defensive bonus
Gives 50% bombardment defense.
gives +2 trade routes.

Heres the updated changelog:

• Fixed CTD thanks to Orlanth and the rest of the team (thanks for your patience on this)
  • Reduced load time by compressing the art into a .FPK file
  • fixed the intro music and added a Warhammer load screen.
  • KG2: adjusted the woodelf bonuses from forests (+1 hammer from new forest, forest and +1 food from ancient forest) New forest gives +0.5 health, forest gives +0.6 health, and ancient forest gives +0.75 health.
  • ancient forest have the same yeilds as a normal forest (ie just +1 hammer) but with greater defense (+50% defense)
  • KG1: fixed the EQUIPMENT_CONTAINER XML error on startup
  • BD1: Workers can now build trails with the Wild Paths tech correctly.
  • BD5: Adjusted some tech requirements (Lordship req. military discipline and philosophy. Tyranny req. Military Discipline, warefare and Bronzeworking. Tzeentch Req. Corruption of chaos and literacy.)
  • BD7: Workers can build Corrals correctly
  • BD10: Workers can build Meteorite Mines correctly (excluding Woodelf Workers)
  • Added Orc and Goblin Civs with leaders and flag art.
  • AH49: i fixed the too many scouts issue. it appears that you must always start with one scout... no idea why this is. so i simply removed a scout or warrior from the civilizations xml file and now each civ starts with either a warrior and scout or 2 warriors
  • Added new Amber Wizard art (thanks to warkirby)
  • Added new Amethyst Wizard art (thanks to Esvath)
  • Added new Druid art (thanks to warkirby)
  • Added new alchemist art (thanks to seZ)
  • Added new Highelf caster art (thanks to seZ and Esvath)
  • Added new Woodelf caster art (thanks to seZ and Esvath)
  • Added new Grey Wizard art (thanks to esvath)
  • Added new Light Wizard art (thanks to esvath)
  • Added Heirophant of Hysh and Heirophant Lord of Hysh spell caster units (they were missing)
  • Relinked old bright Wizard art
  • Relinked old Celestial Wizard art (thanks to esvath)

Spoiler :

i will compile and upload 0.04 tomorrow, its almost 1 am here and i need my beauty sleep ;)

Lots of cool wizard art.
(Might want to add spoiler tags).

Sweet dreams!

Next priorities probably need to be fixing iron/steel weapons, and moving around the core unit requirements.

Yeah, but you can't expect them to spend resources on a product that isn't generating any revenue for them. They're not a charity. BTS 3.19 was surprising enough, a lot of people thought that they were done with Civ4 even before that.

A Civ5 would have to be very different somehow.

Yes yes, I totally understand that as a business they need to make money but they could ofcourse SELL the update ;) But then I am completely illiterate as a programmer so I have no idea how much work that would be.

Great to see the mod moving along, looking forward to trying version 0.4:goodjob:

Grrr Megaupload is being strange. im trying to upload the 348 MB file and its been sitting there doing nothing for the last 2 hours. Orlanth, you use Megaupload a bit dont you? does this look normal?

Top Bottom