How to complete Hannibal's Crossing achievement?

Genghis_Sean

High School English teacher
As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.

Is this scenario related? Otherwise, I don't see how you can complete it since mountains are impassable.

If you're Carthage you can pass mountains.

What am I missing? Units can't occupy mountain squares, so I don't see how this can be completed.

Edit: Guess I'm reading it too literally. You don't actually have to occupy the mountain square, but pass through it...

No you are reading it correctly.

Once you have spawned a great general, Carthage units can pass through and occupy mountain spaces. The achievement states that you need to attack a Roman unit from a mountain square. I went down honor, getting a great general quickly and then used an african forest elephant to attack a wandering Roman scout. Achievement done.

No you are reading it correctly.

Once you have spawned a great general, Carthage units can pass through and occupy mountain spaces. The achievement states that you need to attack a Roman unit from a mountain square. I went down honor, getting a great general quickly and then used an african forest elephant to attack a wandering Roman scout. Achievement done.

Gah. That's what it is. I forgot about the great general bit. Thanks.

Top Bottom