Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Public Beta

Wrong thread for suggestions. And the entire point of the "Spice Islands" Indonesian UA is the different-continent rule.

I know that the UA encourages players to settle on other continents and have more trade route range, but just thinking about it, it's not incredibly practical. Also, where is the thread for suggestions? Just the I&S subfourm, or something else?

I haven't noticed any longer turn times, they seem the same.

Although, during one of the very early turns, after I ended the turn, I thought the game froze because it was taking much longer than usual (which is usually really quick). If this helps diagnose any potential problem, after ending that turn, another civilization made contact with me. It was the first one for me.

That's odd since my times have increased for sure.

I've done several tests to investigate this by fortifying my warrior and just setting a research/build order queue and just mashing 'next turn' until I reach turn 10. Did this 5 times each for both unpatched and patched versions of the game.

Pre-patch takes around 0:50-1:00mins to reach turn 10. Patched time is 1:50-2:00mins. So it's basically doubled my turn time which is very noticable to me after having spent nearly 1200 hours at the previous speed... after being spoiled with fast turn times I would like to call it 'unplayable' (it's not, you can endure it) but I would hope this problem doesn't appear in the real patch.

I know that the UA encourages players to settle on other continents and have more trade route range, but just thinking about it, it's not incredibly practical. Also, where is the thread for suggestions? Just the I&S subfourm, or something else?

You're right about practicality. I'm just saying it was designed to be exactly what it is, so it's highly unlikely that this will be changed.

Here's the link to the suggestion thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510770

Moderator Action: We are trying to keep discussions about the patch as orderly as possible. As noted in the OP, this thread is intended for questions about the patch and issues you may encounter with the beta, not to suggest other features or changes you wish Firaxis would make. The forum for ideas and suggestions is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119. Thanks to all.

I see there are new small pictures for different map types, but for some reason mine displays Pangea picture on Earth map. Also there are still question marks for some maps, but I suppose it will be added in the full version. Also Fishing Technology shows this "Action Allowed : Create Fishing Boats" twice.

This is a minor bug: Landsknecht still shows on Germany's Civil Service discription.

Edit: not a bug. It shows in every civ's Civil service

Another minor bug - map replay is broken on Pitboss multiplayer at the end of the game.

That's odd since my times have increased for sure.

I've done several tests to investigate this by fortifying my warrior and just setting a research/build order queue and just mashing 'next turn' until I reach turn 10. Did this 5 times each for both unpatched and patched versions of the game.

Pre-patch takes around 0:50-1:00mins to reach turn 10. Patched time is 1:50-2:00mins. So it's basically doubled my turn time which is very noticable to me after having spent nearly 1200 hours at the previous speed... after being spoiled with fast turn times I would like to call it 'unplayable' (it's not, you can endure it) but I would hope this problem doesn't appear in the real patch.

This was a really good example. We're taking a look now.

I have a question concerning multiplayer: If I activate this patch and play multiplayer with someone who has BNW but hasn't activated the patch, will there be any issues?

I have a question concerning multiplayer: If I activate this patch and play multiplayer with someone who has BNW but hasn't activated the patch, will there be any issues?

This will not work. There will be a version mis-match. You will want to deactivate the patch if you want to play with non-patched users.

This will not work. There will be a version mis-match. You will want to deactivate the patch if you want to play with non-patched users.

Ok, thanks. So is there another way to deactivate the patch or is the "Remove Beta" option in your first post the only way to do this?

Correct, just select NONE from the beta pull-down, and you're good to go.

Thanks for looking into the turn time issue. I've decided to re-test it while measuring the time via fraps to be a bit more accurate than doing it via a wristwatch (I recorded from the point I hit enter at turn 0 until I reach turn 10).

Results (blue times = beta, green times = old patch):
Spoiler :

I measured two in the beta, four after reverting and two again after patching it again. The times are extremely consistent and hint to something in the beta slowing turn times. I just decided to do this in case people don't believe me or aren't able to replicate the issue. I could potentially even upload them all to youtube to prove I'm just recording 10 turns... but that would be a bit boring to watch.

My setup if it's of any concern:

Intel i5 750
8GB DDR3 Corsair
ATi HD 5850
Windows 7 64-bit Pro

This sun god pantheon is further evidence these guys haven't a clue about this game and any kind of balance for multiplayer. MP experience in civ v continues to deteriorate. Im gonna walk away now until Civ6 and hopefully some decent lead development for MP.

Top Bottom