Touch w/ DX9 version - Entering gold amounts

bgeery

Chieftain
I purchased an Asus T100 tablet and the only game I care about running is Civ V.

The DX11 touch version crashes loading a save or starting a new game. Some can get the touch version to work, but being DX11 based, it's sluggish on the ASUS T100. The standard DX9 version works great, and the game mostly works without needing to use the touch version. However, the one difficulty is the Diplomacy screen. Without a keyboard, there is no way to adjust the gold amounts.

What I hope is that there is a UI mod that adds a way for me to make this work with touch. Anyway to mod in the popup num pad from the touch version? Even something like + / - buttons that can be pressed could work. Any points, ideas, or suggestions?

I purchased an Asus T100 tablet and the only game I care about running is Civ V.

The DX11 touch version crashes loading a save or starting a new game. Some can get the touch version to work, but being DX11 based, it's sluggish on the ASUS T100. The standard DX9 version works great, and the game mostly works without needing to use the touch version. However, the one difficulty is the Diplomacy screen. Without a keyboard, there is no way to adjust the gold amounts.

What I hope is that there is a UI mod that adds a way for me to make this work with touch. Anyway to mod in the popup num pad from the touch version? Even something like + / - buttons that can be pressed could work. Any points, ideas, or suggestions?

I wonder how the ppl getting it to run with touch mode are doing it, I have mine upgraded and also crashes when starting a game.

What would be nice to know is how to start CiV in touch screen mode and with DX9. I tried fiddling around with command line options but it doesnt seem to work or i am doing it wrong, also found nothing in the ini files that would help.

What amazes me is that this tablet can handle an epic / emperor / large game on T300. Sure it lags like hell, but it is absolutely playable.

Hi guys,

Got *exactly* the same problem.
I was so eager to play V with it's touch optimized interface.

DX9 => Works
DX11 or tablet mode => Crash before displaying the map

My Asus transformer T100 is in Windows 8.1, 32 bits
Got the Civ V Steam complete edition.

No new graphics driver from intel out yet...

I would have liked to play with DX9 and touch features, I just fear those features are tied to DX10+, there are multiple executables in civ V folder, maybe one for each start up mode.

If I have to play with DX9, I'd use virtualgamepad which can display custom input controls on the screen. I've not tested this yet. That might solve the + / - problem you mention.

A part from that, is the DX9 version enjoyable even if it is not "touch optimized" ?

Top Bottom