Caveman 2 Cosmos

I have windows XP with 1024 MB RAM and both expansion packs, but when I try to start the game, a message comes up

"Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Beyond The Sword has stopped working.... "

I have windows XP with 1024 MB RAM and both expansion packs, but when I try to start the game, a message comes up

"Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Beyond The Sword has stopped working.... "

Where did you put the unzipped file to: Should be in the C: Mods folder same as AfterWorld etc.

TO EVERYONE:

UPDATE version 15.1 in the attached Zip file, contains the WfoC problem with the dll. (Just OVERRIDE everything that included here, this is only a small file. Near bottom of post.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9559786&postcount=1

I recently started a new game with v1.47 In the slow game I curent play it have the great Heroic feeling I loved in the Fall from Heaven games. :)

Bugs I encountered so fare:
- The National Wonder remaining display is broken. First it display 2 remaining but after building one it display 1 remaining but keeps this no mather how many I have builded.
- The Year Build of any Building/Wonder in the City view display bug instead of the year

Wishlist:
Could you make the Unit/Buildings from the Embassy Worldwonder aviable to all citys?
Or at last allow updating of the normal units of this class to the special ones?
(Maybe even make them national wonder so every civ can go for them)

Edit: Oh your at 1.51 already oO I thought I downloaded it this month ... why have I goten 1.47 oO

Wishlist:
Could you make the Unit/Buildings from the Embassy Worldwonder aviable to all citys?
Or at last allow updating of the normal units of this class to the special ones?
(Maybe even make them national wonder so every civ can go for them)

This will be in future updates (hopefully). Basically if you have 3 cities with a specific culture (such as Culture (Japanese)) then you can build a Wonder that gives a free culture building to all cites.

I got Mercant Fleet from a Techresearch but with just Right of Passage I can't enter the citys.
Is this intended or a bug? (Still 1.47)

2 quick questions about the newest build.

1. I started as the Zulu and I couldn't build Impi... do I have to build my own embassy? What?

2. Why are there SO MANY BARBARIAN ANIMALS!? I spend half of my early turns sending out scouts and collecting huge amounts of animals. I think I'm some 500 turns into a game and I have to kill every single animal I capture because it's just too much stress on my treasury. Is there anything I can change to limit the massive amounts of animal spawns short of REX or building tons of forts?

Also, I love you guys.

Yes, you have to build the Culture (Zulu) building because all civilizations is generic in the beginning.

SVN Rev.268
Native Language and Trade Language building have pink buttons, and I got CTD (maybe because of that).

1. I started as the Zulu and I couldn't build Impi... do I have to build my own embassy? What?

Yep. You now grow your civilization as you go rather than having a set one from the start. Picking Zulu only guarantees you "Native Culture (African)" which is not only a requirement for Culture (Zulu) but other cultures like Egyptian, Ethiopian, Malinese and Carthaginian.

If you have "Assimilation" setting activated then you can gain access to other cultures depending upon what cities you obtain. Such as if you took over a Japanese city then you unlock Asian civs and if you take over an Aztec city then you get access to American civs.

The full details can be found here. Its all a mixture of what culture you start with, what terrain the city is on and what resources are nearby (sometimes even parent culture, religion, and/or civc.

In short just because you picked Zulu doesn't mean your civilization will be Zulu in culture. The world and your decisions will shape what kind of civ you will become. Note that in the future there will be many more cultures to get, even if you cannot pick their civilization to start with.

If you want to build Impi I suggest you research Warfare tech and build a city near Ivory (aka Elephants). That will guarantee you Impi at least in that city.

2) Because in the early game killing the Animals is a good way to get your city started and there also a lot of things you can build from the animals. (at last in the Game Version 1.47 ^^)

Top Bottom