Caveman 2 Cosmos

How is automated production working in v36.
Can I make a city auto build only buildings, no units, no wonders??

Even queuing up 30+ buildings in many cities can get tedious :)

Hi there.
I'm sorry to do this again. I'm into the modern age and the turn after I research Vertical Flight and put in place a helicopter factory, the game crashes to desktop with no error message. This has happened 5 times.
I also get CTD with an error message suggesting the game can't find a graphics file when I try to build the Lotus Temple or the Coit Tower.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi there.
I'm sorry to do this again. I'm into the modern age and the turn after I research Vertical Flight and put in place a helicopter factory, the game crashes to desktop with no error message. This has happened 5 times.
I also get CTD with an error message suggesting the game can't find a graphics file when I try to build the Lotus Temple or the Coit Tower.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

How to turn off the Lotus Temple is shown at the bottom of this post in the bug thread.

If you post in the bug threads we can probably help you better. The above link also contains a list of what we need to help.

If there's a huge stack in play you will see tremendous slowdowns unless you've updated to the latest SVN (even then it can still be fairly impressive with slowdown spots but much better anyhow.)

I am absolutely sure that 45+min waiting for other civ is infinite loop. However I can't seem to catch the problem. Every time I get the loop, it dissapears after reload. One time I had it 3 times in a row(my logging couldn't start to work >.< I had to enable it every damn time) and though that this is it, I can post a savegame with logs, but meh, next oading the turn continues.
And so I am still palying getting the loop every 5-8 turns on average, but can't quiet catch it.

On the other note, about that 80 town watchmen stack in the Korean city.... It just dissapeared after awhile(I didn't even realize it until lchecked again). I guess it has something to do with revolutions ? since all his troops dissapeared.
It might be weird to ask this but I never encountered the revolution myself so I always though that AI losses forces in a fight against rebels. However it seems that the roops just...dissapear ? Could someone enlighten me on how does it works ?

I am absolutely sure that 45+min waiting for other civ is infinite loop. However I can't seem to catch the problem. Every time I get the loop, it dissapears after reload. One time I had it 3 times in a row(my logging couldn't start to work >.< I had to enable it every damn time) and though that this is it, I can post a savegame with logs, but meh, next oading the turn continues.
And so I am still palying getting the loop every 5-8 turns on average, but can't quiet catch it.

On the other note, about that 80 town watchmen stack in the Korean city.... It just dissapeared after awhile(I didn't even realize it until lchecked again). I guess it has something to do with revolutions ? since all his troops dissapeared.
It might be weird to ask this but I never encountered the revolution myself so I always though that AI losses forces in a fight against rebels. However it seems that the roops just...dissapear ? Could someone enlighten me on how does it works ?

I have seen entire AI stacks getting erased with revolutions, without any fighting necessary, but it seems to be rare and requires a particularly large, recurring revolution. And if you have espionage on the civ you might want to check in one of their cities to see how their gold is doing, as a civ that becomes bankrupt is very quickly made weak as a kitten as all their units disband, so it could be that instead.

I have seen entire AI stacks getting erased with revolutions, without any fighting necessary, but it seems to be rare and requires a particularly large, recurring revolution. And if you have espionage on the civ you might want to check in one of their cities to see how their gold is doing, as a civ that becomes bankrupt is very quickly made weak as a kitten as all their units disband, so it could be that instead.
Yeah,that particular AI's economy was pathetic, alongside with one of the most numerous armies(which was pointless since he's at the island....and he never even colonised it). I guess it may very well be revolutions with bankrupcy that made him lose all his troops withot fighting.

This is one of the best mods I have played for any game, and I can't believe that it's still occasionally getting updated in 2015. I haven't played for about a year or so, but I can't wait to try it out again tonight. :worship:

Yeah,that particular AI's economy was pathetic, alongside with one of the most numerous armies(which was pointless since he's at the island....and he never even colonised it). I guess it may very well be revolutions with bankrupcy that made him lose all his troops withot fighting.

Just some FYI's and thoughts for you from someone who has played the Mod from it's inception.

I know many players have been lured into the Trap called revolutions. Yet, even though the AI for the most part can not handle it, it still gets pushed to be used. It's an Old mod that has had no Updating for sometime and No one on the team has the patience to try and decipher its' " spaghetti code" (that quote was from koshling himself).

Suggestion: Why not try a game w/o Rev. You might just find that the AI behaves and reacts better than you are used to With Rev On.

Also think about Not using Mastery Victory condition. Instead pick 2-4 conditions and play with a more limited scope. Mastery presents too many "paths", for want of better terminology, for the AI to be effective in reaching a goal, Victory.

And one more point, really consider the game speed you use. We have 2 that have not been balanced (or even attempted to balance for) for a long long time. Yep you guessed which 2, the 2 longest. All the rest have had balancing performed upon them in some manner and form repeatedly over the years.

JosEPh

Just some FYI's and thoughts for you from someone who has played the Mod from it's inception.

I know many players have been lured into the Trap called revolutions. Yet, even though the AI for the most part can not handle it, it still gets pushed to be used.

Suggestion: Why not try a game w/o Rev. You might just find that the AI behaves and reacts better than you are used to With Rev On.

Also think about Not using Mastery Victory condition. Mastery presents too many "paths", for want of better terminology, for the AI to be effective in reaching a goal, Victory.

And one more point, really consider the game speed you use. We have 2 that have not been balanced , the 2 longest. All the rest have had balancing performed upon them in some manner and form repeatedly over the years.

JosEPh

When starting a new game is it possible to put some extra text in the options setup screen?

Along the lines "Not supported by C2C".

That may alleviate some problematic posts.

Just a thought. :)

When starting a new game is it possible to put some extra text in the options setup screen?

Along the lines "Not supported by C2C".

That may alleviate some problematic posts.

Just a thought. :)

I'm pretty sure there is, but I've not learned how to do that yet. :p

:old: slow and ......it's Not Y'uns turn Yet! :help:

JosEPh

Seriously, SO, you don't need to post that in two separate threads.

I voted yesterday. :)

JosEPh

I just voted too!

I have a question about the Lacquerware Workshop. Is it a bug that this building actually subtracts culture instead of adding it? I was going to replace the Lacquerware Hut with it. The basic stats of the Hut is that it adds 2 Culture points while the Workshop has the same 2 Culture points. However, when you look at the Actual values, the Workshop subtracts quite a bit of Culture when replacing the Hut.

@fox456,

There are actually 2 Ren Era buildings that have a -2 Culture attached to them. It does shy the player away from using them right away. I keep forgetting to look at them to see why.

JosEPh

@fox456,

There are actually 2 Ren Era buildings that have a -2 Culture attached to them. It does shy the player away from using them right away. I keep forgetting to look at them to see why.

JosEPh

It's probably that they don't give as much cultural benefit as the buildings they replace.

Top Bottom