Are the Netherlands good for liberty domination?

Civilopedian

Chieftain
Seems their happiness UA lets you go wide easier and faster.

But then again, you depend on good relations to give you access to good trade deals.

Also, does polder work well with Petra?

They are good with liberty in the early game so they are not among the lower civs for liberty dominations. Liberty turtle-civ rather then early domination I would say.

Petra does not affect the polder tiles since they are flood plains but a city with Petra and polders is awesome non the less! But personaly I prefer to do more peaceful games with Netherlands and liberty since their UA allow taller cities!

What about if I tempered my domination for the late game and focused on my economy and expansions, then used my money to devastating effect?

I envisage going Commerce and Autocracy will give me absurd amounts of excess happiness.

The happyness helps, but not to go wider but to more quickly make an army for a rush.

You could go wide peaceful, but if you do domination then your ability for trades will be mostly useless as the other civs won't trade with you much at all.
They'll drop to giving you 3 gold per turn only for your luxuries, which is less than half what they'd give you if you were friendly, so you're getting 0 benefits there.

Top Bottom