Holy Mountain Quest

Currently this is broken.

Our options are
  1. Turn it off. We can't take it out because doing so causes an error message so all we can do it make it appear in no games with a probability of occurring of zero to be sure.

2. Fix it. I am not going to do this but below are some details and ideas

The current quest expects all religions to have the same form and buildings. In C2C this is not the case. Therefore we should probably convert this quest into a set of quests, one for each religion. If we do that then it does not have to be a holy mountain. It could be a lake or ancient forest all depending on the religion.

Who gets the quest? - should be everyone who has the religion in their nation.

Currently when you get the quest, for one turn only, a single pixel on the mini map and on the main map goes green. Then to get a hint as to where the plot is you need to build many religious buildings each adds to the chance that the plot will be reviled to you. This needs to be adjusted for the different buildings each religion has with probably a modifier for state religion.

There is no actual marker that makes the mountain plot visible. I think it just centers the map on the plot and makes it visible. Perhaps a special improvement should be placed on the plot an improvement that in removed if no one completes the quest.

The quest duration is far to short and not always relevant to the religion. I usually find the quest ends before I can even build a settler let alone find the mountain.

Happy to have us take it out for now. Was never a favorite quest given the difficulty of achieving it - don't think I've ever seen it successfully done.

Happy to have us take it out for now. Was never a favorite quest given the difficulty of achieving it - don't think I've ever seen it successfully done.

+1 . . . ..

I think I have figured out why this is going wrong and think it was Tengrii that is the problem so I have just taken out that religion from the trigger for now since we want all religions to be optional that quest will need to be redone at some stage making it possible to have unique ones for each religion where necessary.

Top Bottom