Caveman 2 Cosmos

Am I not supposed to have bug in custom assets? The whole thing is confusing and I've been trying to figure out why realism invictis wont properly have the border control / hunting buttons like it used to.

We have a version of BUG in game so switching it off in the ini file is necessary to stop version conflicts. We also have more terrains than Blue Marble so that also causes problems.

There is no need to remove either them or others from your Custom Assets just ensure that Caveman2Cosmos does not try and load them by changing its ini file.

Can someone help me get the user interface to work with the C2C mod? I haven't played Civ IV in a long time. Now, I installed it via STEAM. I have a user interface if I just play BTS. However, I only see the map and units when a C2C MOD game starts. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Can someone help me get the user interface to work with the C2C mod? I haven't played Civ IV in a long time. Now, I installed it via STEAM. I have a user interface if I just play BTS. However, I only see the map and units when a C2C MOD game starts. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Did you rename the Mod? It must be Caveman2Cosmos.

Did you place the Mod in ....../BtS/Mods folder? I'm not familiar with Steams directory path. But My Documents is not recommended.

Also did you try a Play Now game 1st? Before you tried a Custom game?

Do you have an older version of Caveman2Cosmos in your BtS/Mods Folder?

More details please. Always give details. ;)

EDIT: Also read the last few posts in the FAQ thread. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14154654&postcount=101

JosEPh

JosEph_II, Thank you. I am embarrassed to say that the error was as simple as not naming the Mod Folder "Caveman2Cosmos". My error was naming it "CavemantoCosmos".

No Problem.

And Welcome to C2C. :)

JosEPh

I was sure I had got rid of the last thing that would cause problems if you called it anything else. After all that is what the BUG mod allows. :(

There is a problem with game. Every time i start a game, the GUI disappears and it says that the BUG options cant be read.

Any help?

Download link is broken on post #1 of this thread. I did find a download link on sourceforge.net with a simple search.

Due to the site migration all downloads are currently broken.

That said, I highly recommend getting the latest patch for C2C from v36 Crime Patch, as well as changing the file mentioned a few posts later in the thread, for a much more up to date version. You could try using the SVN (development) version instead, but that occasionally has some really odd bugs and such. The Crime Patch download version is based on a (mostly) stable version.

I try to pick "mostly stable" SVN versions for the Patch Thread. But this time T-brd made a major Fix right after I made the Patch.

I may have to do another Patch soon as some serious bug fixing has been achieved by T-brd.

JosEPh

I try to pick "mostly stable" SVN versions for the Patch Thread. But this time T-brd made a major Fix right after I made the Patch.

I may have to do another Patch soon as some serious bug fixing has been achieved by T-brd.

JosEPh
Probably a good idea.

Have the elections for Apostolic Palace and UN been fixed yet? They don't trigger.
I haven't ever worked on that stuff. I probably won't.

Have the elections for Apostolic Palace and UN been fixed yet? They don't trigger.

If you have Mastery Victory On you won't be able too. There is another option or 2 that can also stop them from showing. ATM I don't recall which ones though.

JosEPh

If you have Mastery Victory On you won't be able too. There is another option or 2 that can also stop them from showing. ATM I don't recall which ones though.

JosEPh
Mastery victory does not stop the votes only the votes for victory. All the other vote options are still available.

Top Bottom