Being Evil responsibly? Just got pwned by Stephanos as the Sheaim

That statement makes me unsure of the purpose of your question. Are you asking how the Sheaim can deal with Burning Sands, or are you saying that the conversion of Deserts to Burning Sands should be an improvement for the Sheaim?

Im saying it seems strange that the Sheiam suffer from a hightened AC. Since hell terrain spreads allmost instantly in their lands, and allmost never in good civilizations, then they basically suffer MORE from a high AC than good civs..

then they basically suffer MORE from a high AC than good civs..

Well, Ashen Veil has Sacrifice the Weak to mitigate that effect.

Its mainly because Hell terrain never spreads to good lands.

I think it would be more convenient to make good temples to dispell the hell terrain in the city cross (like Illian temple creates snow) instead of total blockade of spreading. It would be more flavorful and would still harrass small cities and fill the area, which is uncontrolled by temples; and it would give more importance to temples.

That's not a bad idea actually, or the Sanctify spell could become a ritual that can be performed in every city to protect the city's BFC from hell terrain. It could be quite expensive to make it difficult to get it in all of your cities before hell strikes and at least some of the damage is already done. It would need to have a reasonably high tech requirement, although I don't know which tech would be most apporpriate. Having it appear a little later would make Infernal Pact Rush quite a powerful strategy (even without switching to the Infernals).

1) Good being pretty much immune to hell terrain
2) Basium basically having to kill "good" civilizations (ok they can die in other means) to get angels
3) And Hyborem having to kill "evil" civilizations to get manes

1, 2 and 3 might make sense, but out of a game play perspective they are weird.

#1 - Roar I am evil, I will bring hell upon you! Result: Oh noes hell is upon me. Good Civ: Muhaha, I'm in the clear.
#2 - Die Evils die! - Oh no Hyborem's forces are growing! I better hope my Ally dies some so I can get some troopers.
#3 - Die Goody two shoes, Die! - Oh no Basium's troops are growing! Screw this. Sheaim, it's your turn to die, I need some manes!

1) Good being pretty much immune to hell terrain
2) Basium basically having to kill "good" civilizations (ok they can die in other means) to get angels
3) And Hyborem having to kill "evil" civilizations to get manes

1, 2 and 3 might make sense, but out of a game play perspective they are weird.

#1 - Roar I am evil, I will bring hell upon you! Result: Oh noes hell is upon me. Good Civ: Muhaha, I'm in the clear.
#2 - Die Evils die! - Oh no Hyborem's forces are growing! I better hope my Ally dies some so I can get some troopers.
#3 - Die Goody two shoes, Die! - Oh no Basium's troops are growing! Screw this. Sheaim, it's your turn to die, I need some manes!

Hehe, I'm glad that it wasn't just me that found that to be weird.

Well you realize why its also fun to be a good civ and build Prophecy of Ragnarok so that all of the evil civs will suffer commesurately and thank you for trying to destroy the world while they die.

Well, the Basium/Hyborem thing can be rationalized - if your Good/Evil allies are intensely fighting, contributing Angles/Manes, why should you kill them, but if they are being lazy, not contributing, or contributing not enough - well, with Basium, it's "either you're with us or against us", and Hybo wouldn't bother with the moral rationalizations at all.

I do think that evil civs need to be able to get more bonuses from hell terrain in the long run.

According to the Lore, Hyborem and his strongest demons should be unable to (personally) attack those who are Good, as he is still bound to following the letter of the Compact dispute his wanton disregard for the spirit of the agreement. Those who are already evil are free game.

Basium opted to fall, loosing his immortality and Arawn's Ara of protection in the process, so that he would not be constrained by the Compact any more than a mortal human would be.

Top Bottom