A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just be my system but....

Was upgrading to 1.53 since I finished the game I was on. Decided to add the Deep Red interface thingy but could not get the mod to load. BtS loaded - but RoM would hiccup while loading and a window popped up saying windows was shutting the program down.

Uninstalled Afforess modmod - tried RoM and worked. Deselected one by one some options on installer and when deselected the Deep Red interface one -- All went through that I did have selected. Working selections I made followes:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Well - working as in installed and loaded up ok -- not actually got in and played yet. Im slower than most you folks. :)

Yul

Update:

Got in and played for a while (maybe 500 turns) - shut down and went to sleep after an autosave. Now cannot get any of the autosaves to load. Everything goes smoothly until attempting to load save game - at some point while it is loading a window pops up (well flashes briefly) that I think says "failed to uncompress data" then I am back at desktop.

Sort of think I recall something being said about this in one of the older posts -- will see if I can find. Just wanted to pass this on - just in case.

Yul

I typically play on snail and deity so they usually reach it about 200-300 turns later. I live for the challenge though. Is there a way though to start the game off with at least some archers or something? I don't want to do the advanced start option but I do think it may even out the odds a little. When I start a new game, the AI has about 5-10 of them along with 2 settlers and a few explorers without even have researched any techs yet. I'm talking fresh start 6000bc in ancient times. It's a little intimidating that you just build your first city and a religion gets founded a couple of turns later when you barely get 3/47 turns to ritualism or fishing.

I only play on monarch (and badly at that), and I've seen the AI have writing before I get my 2nd tech... don't you just love popping maps and warriors on every goodie hut? :crazyeye: Then later they show up with bandit footpads to crush your spears when you find out you have no bronze.

Yulric - it's a known issue that noone knows the cause of. I've had it multiple times, if you go back in your saves far enough you'll find a point where they work, and then you can resume play from that point.

Installation issues: I had one installation issue, is that when I tried to install this game, Kaspersky deleted the uninstaller and the mod setup that I just downloaded because both seem to have a similar behavior of the P2P.worm thing. I've redownloaded the mod, pause the kaspersky anti-everything, and re-installed the mod, and re-enabled the anti-everything. Installation was a success.

Few bugs spotted: I can see all of the buildings that requires a civic, not only that but I also see sea buildings on land cities that cannot be built because I am not at a sea... it will be nice you can properly hidden away those buildings that require a certain civic or a object or not at a certain required place.

Installation issues: I had one installation issue, is that when I tried to install this game, Kaspersky deleted the uninstaller and the mod setup that I just downloaded because both seem to have a similar behavior of the P2P.worm thing. I've redownloaded the mod, pause the kaspersky anti-everything, and re-installed the mod, and re-enabled the anti-everything. Installation was a success.

Yeah, Anti-Virus software is really pesky, I use MSE, it never gives me issues, and is free. ;)

Few bugs spotted: I can see all of the buildings that requires a civic, not only that but I also see sea buildings on land cities that cannot be built because I am not at a sea... it will be nice you can properly hidden away those buildings that require a certain civic or a object or not at a certain required place.

I Prefer the Term "Feature". I enabled all those on purpose. If you want hide them, I added a player option, configurable in the options panel in game called "Hide Unavailable Objects" Which hides ALL unavailable buildings and units. You can toggle it back in forth, see if you like it. ;)

I would like to see more UUs, I would be willing to find stuff for the UUs, and I think we should balance civs on the Macroscale, balance the overall civ and not bits and pieces,

cya,

kthxbai

I only play on monarch (and badly at that), and I've seen the AI have writing before I get my 2nd tech... don't you just love popping maps and warriors on every goodie hut? :crazyeye: Then later they show up with bandit footpads to crush your spears when you find out you have no bronze.

Yulric - it's a known issue that noone knows the cause of. I've had it multiple times, if you go back in your saves far enough you'll find a point where they work, and then you can resume play from that point.
That's why I don't depend too heavily on the autosaves. I will make a normal save before I shut down. Other than that though, I have Ati Tray Tools that has the OnScreen Display feature that tells me how much system memory is being used by gaming apps so I know when to save before my RAM gets a little too low. That aside, I personally have never had any trouble with reloading autosaves. Sometimes though I do have to reload it twice if it does CTD but I think that has to do with the core BtS.exe and not the mods themselves.

I've had that issue before. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay as long as the loader sees a suitable file. I think that has to do with certain modules not being in the RoM folders. I'm doing a search now to see if I have that bug or if I can find the exact culprit in my files. It IS an xml file so I'll find the cause and fix it if I have it.

Edit: If you could upload that particular log file, it would help me immensely to single out the culprit.

I'm not sure if it has arisen with any of you but does anyone have the issue of the BUG options menu not saving itself the first time and resetting itself every time?

I'm not sure if it has arisen with any of you but does anyone have the issue of the BUG options menu not saving itself the first time and resetting itself every time?

Yes. I have found that if I set the options, save the game and exit Civ, then they will be saved. Otherwise if I try and load a save from in RoM then the options are reset to the defaults. Very annoying. This also happens almost every time a new patch or upgrade of AND comes out.

That only happens when I have to have a fresh RoM installation, not others.

What I do:

1. Start a game. Go to BUG and switch on anything I want randomly.
  2. Save my game after one turn... I can probably just skip the one turn but who knows...
  3. Exit BtS...
  4. Return to RoM, and go thru BUG over again.
  5. Bingo, my configurations are set in stone, so to speak, until next time I have to delete RoM mod and install new RoM.

It is not a must-follow instructions because it depends on your system, I think.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Civ, bts and RoM in all the combinations I can think of but I still can't get AND 1.53 to work with choose religions and limited religions.

I tried an older version (1.40 + 1.41 patch) with RoM 2.81 and that seems to be working, at least so far as the religion options (although it lacks the advanced diplomacy options I was wanting), but afaik 1.40 wasn't made for 2.81. Does anyone know if I'll run into any problems later in the game with this combination?

This bug happens when you delete a globaldefines that needs to be there. The game trys to find it while loading, and ForceControlsInfo is the very last XML file to load. If it doesn't see it by then, the game get's angry at you, and prints some garbage. ;)

Do you mean something inside the GlobalDefines.xml itself? Cause mine is the same as RoM has.

One question.

Trading techs? Wouldnt that be cool to only be available when you have an embassy? Wouldnt that make more sense???

I have some modular one's I added. I would double check that you did not remove any of them.

I bet thats it, i took out civic flavors/fixed borders/ice breaker/mountains mod/lead from behind/realistic diplo/seafaring and worlds fair.:rolleyes:

Plus i dont use all of the python RoM has either.

I bet thats it, i took out civic flavors/fixed borders/ice breaker/mountains mod/lead from behind/realistic diplo/seafaring and worlds fair.:rolleyes:

Plus i dont use all of the python RoM has either.

Lead From Behind has one that has to be there, and I believe Mountains does too. You can turn both off, but leave those folders alone.

That only happens when I have to have a fresh RoM installation, not others.

What I do:

1. Start a game. Go to BUG and switch on anything I want randomly.
  2. Save my game after one turn... I can probably just skip the one turn but who knows...
  3. Exit BtS...
  4. Return to RoM, and go thru BUG over again.
  5. Bingo, my configurations are set in stone, so to speak, until next time I have to delete RoM mod and install new RoM.

It is not a must-follow instructions because it depends on your system, I think.
Same thing for me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom