Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I see you've got the wooden palisades - were they from Stone Age?

What year do you have Prehistoric RoM starting?

I see you've got the wooden palisades - were they from Stone Age?

What year do you have Prehistoric RoM starting?

Yeah, i had to re-do the CIV4PlotLSystem & Civ4CityLSystem alittle to get things to work better, there were some "minor" errors there. Plus i added the Wooden Walls there from QC by avain.

I have it starting at 10,000 BC:)

I am now trying to get everything into a FPK, but its harder than usual, cause my mind wonders sometimes, (whats left of it that is) LOL

@strategyonly, I have not played the latest version yet. Do "seed camps" still go obsolete at agriculture? I was thinking that maybe they should upgrade to farms instead. Perhaps, all those on grain resource should upgrade to farm and maybe some of the others also?

Did you put in an animal equivilent "hunting camp" for all animal resources which could then upgrade to pastures at Animal Husbandry?

The camps are fairly expensive since they consume the worker so I don't think it would be OP.

Big Honkin' Mod!

One small item; couldn't you name the mod something else besides RoM AND? I have to pull regular AND 175 and RoM2.92 from the Mod Folder for BtS to avoid conflicts. Swapping back and forth is a pain on Mods this big. :D

Isn't it a simple change in the .ini file to rename?

JosEPh :)

@strategyonly, I have not played the latest version yet. Do "seed camps" still go obsolete at agriculture? I was thinking that maybe they should upgrade to farms instead. Perhaps, all those on grain resource should upgrade to farm and maybe some of the others also?

hmm good idea:hmm: example pls.

Did you put in an animal equivalent "hunting camp" for all animal resources which could then upgrade to pastures at Animal Husbandry?

example pls.

The camps are fairly expensive since they consume the worker so I don't think it would be OP.

example pls.

Big Honkin' Mod!

One small item; couldn't you name the mod something else besides RoM AND? I have to pull regular AND 175 and RoM2.92 from the Mod Folder for BtS to avoid conflicts. Swapping back and forth is a pain on Mods this big. :D

Isn't it a simple change in the .ini file to rename?

JosEPh :)

The reason i do that is because the Real name of the mod is just that: BUT if you have BOTH you can rename "mine" to anything you want, its ok. As long as you have at least ONE in the mods folder. (i believe):twitch:

Under FireClaw in the Modules folder you had Guard misspelled (Gaurd) I changed it to Guard. Hopefully that might save a problem down the road.

JosEPh ;)

Under FireClaw in the Modules folder you had Guard misspelled (Gaurd) I changed it to Guard. Hopefully that might save a problem down the road.

JosEPh ;)

I already talked to him, he said he changed the misspelling, but i havent seen any changes yet?

I am enjoying the latest version (I didn't play the ones before), though I have some queries/feedback -

My capital city is size 4. It's surrounded mostly by seed farms, and its growth is currently stagnant - it stopped growing once it reached size 4.

The moment I research agriculture, all seed camps lose their bonus, so I'm down 4 food. My stagnant, stable city is now starving, and is likely to shrink down to 3 before I can churn a worker out. In fact, all of my cities are shrinking. (see attached.)

This seems illogical for a tech that's supposed to help feed the people. Same with the commerce from my stone tool workshops at Sed. Lifestyles - I expanded to my limit based on my commerce and suddenly I'm down -1c per square, so I'm losing money.

Is there a reason for this? Currently a seed farm can be +1 food +1 gold, you then lose both the gold and food for a period of time, and then build a farm for +1 food only. (obviously farms upgrade with tech, but there's still an 'aaaargh' period when all your seed camps you were dependant on mean nothing)

My suggestion would be one of the following;
1. Automatically become a farm so there's no 'limbo' period between learning agriculture and getting farms built. But make it so a farm isn't worse than a seed farm (currently, it has less commerce until you research techs?)
2. Not become obsolete via -1 food, but stay as +1 food only and farms gain +2. This might unbalance the game so either base square yields would need to be adjusted (giving 1 less food than normal?) or pop. growth values might need to be balanced. Or perhaps seed camps are +1f only and farms +1f +1c.
3. Make seed farms -1 hammer as well so you've more incentive to build farms. And get rid of the sudden food vortex that happens to all seed camps when you discover Agriculture.

Otherwise I've some nitpicking here and there, nothing central to gameplay and probably not a priority fix;
According to Civilopedia for Improved Fishing I need Sedentary Lifestyle and Early Fishing - the Tech Tree says spearfishing. As Spearfishing gives nothing else, if the civpedia is true then it's a pointless tech, as I can already work water tiles through early fishing.

Civpedia again - when you hover over a tech and it gives you the required list, you get a couple of things twice. (see attached)

As said before, I am otherwise enjoying the mod, regardless of it being thus far a beta/incomplete. Nice one :)

edit: I've noticed the Arabic have 2 starting techs while the other civs don't - I presume this is a work-in-progress thing, but in the end are you planning on eliminating starting techs so they all start at the same point, or all civs start with 2 techs as per Civ Vanilla/BTS/ROM?

Attachments

• preciv-afteragri.jpg
    preciv-afteragri.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 530
  • preciv-beforeagri.jpg
    preciv-beforeagri.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 439
  • wheel-civpediatext.jpg
    wheel-civpediatext.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 534
I am enjoying the latest version (I didn't play the ones before), though I have some queries/feedback -

My capital city is size 4. It's surrounded mostly by seed farms, and its growth is currently stagnant - it stopped growing once it reached size 4.

The moment I research agriculture, all seed camps lose their bonus, so I'm down 4 food. My stagnant, stable city is now starving, and is likely to shrink down to 3 before I can churn a worker out. In fact, all of my cities are shrinking. (see attached.)

This seems illogical for a tech that's supposed to help feed the people. Same with the commerce from my stone tool workshops at Sed. Lifestyles - I expanded to my limit based on my commerce and suddenly I'm down -1c per square, so I'm losing money.

Is there a reason for this? Currently a seed farm can be +1 food +1 gold, you then lose both the gold and food for a period of time, and then build a farm for +1 food only. (obviously farms upgrade with tech, but there's still an 'aaaargh' period when all your seed camps you were dependant on mean nothing)

My suggestion would be one of the following;
1. Automatically become a farm so there's no 'limbo' period between learning agriculture and getting farms built. But make it so a farm isn't worse than a seed farm (currently, it has less commerce until you research techs?)
2. Not become obsolete via -1 food, but stay as +1 food only and farms gain +2. This might unbalance the game so either base square yields would need to be adjusted (giving 1 less food than normal?) or pop. growth values might need to be balanced. Or perhaps seed camps are +1f only and farms +1f +1c.
3. Make seed farms -1 hammer as well so you've more incentive to build farms. And get rid of the sudden food vortex that happens to all seed camps when you discover Agriculture.

This was my point exactly. I think I will try and get a mod for this which converts all seed camps on a grain resource to a farm and some of the other seed camps to farms randomly when you get Agriculture.

Btw Strategyonly- subdue animals is either not the latest or is not working properly in your latest release. I will investigate.

Consistent CTD.

The save is 2 turns before CTD. Crash occurs at 5940BC.

Lower right city was assigned to build Warriors Hut. Boston was assigned to build Microlith hut on next turn after save point. 2 ships moving, one south and one west. Iron working 1 turn away. Hit turn will CTD.

So far I havn't found a way around it to continue play.

JosEPh

Edit: Mod renamed to Rise of Mankind NWAI AND .

Consistent CTD.

The save is 2 turns before CTD. Crash occurs at 5940BC.

Lower right city was assigned to build Warriors Hut. Boston was assigned to build Microlith hut on next turn after save point. 2 ships moving, one south and one west. Iron working 1 turn away. Hit turn will CTD.

So far I havn't found a way around it to continue play.

JosEPh

Edit: Mod renamed to Rise of Mankind NWAI AND .

In the Assets/XML/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml, open it with notepad, and scroll to the bottom where there is an entry marked "XML Logging". Change the 0 to a 1, and then load the save. Wait for it to crash, then upload a zip of your logs folder. (Documents/My games/Beyond the Sword/Logs)

I also included a screenie. Cartpath is shown twice in the worker build bar.

Also there is an XML error at load up Archives_BuildingClass_Info next line is about \ModulesDancing Hoskold\OrionVeteran\Archives_ buildingClass_Info... etc.

CTD is always at end of turn for 5940BC when you click the red turn button. The screen goes black and your little running man is all alone on a black screen. :p

JosEPh

Top Bottom