Civilization III: Worldwide

Thanks, guys!

King: Other than reducing corruption, the Shipyard pretty much does all that. It's sounds cool, but probably would work better for a scenario.

coshty: Egypt, along with Persia and Arabia, has gotten a better Medieval set-up in the upcoming version. So no more Pharoah spearman in 900 AD.

I was playing this mod as the incas, and the game keeps on crashing and showing this error message at about 1190 AD

File not found: Art/Units/Knight/Knight Death.wav
Game will now close.

Any Ideas?

I looked in the file it mentioned, and I didn't find it.

Never mind, figured out what I did wrong by reading the rest of the thread. Doh.

Also AnthonyBoscia, if you want any help with the Incas or Canadians I'll be happy to help, as I'm half Canadian and half Peruvian. If not, thats fine too.

Uhhh...

What game are you playing? Because the Inca are not featured in this one. Nor is the default Knight used for any purpose.

I appreciate the offer, as Inca/Peru is the number one civ that I would like to add (followed closely by Brasil). Unfortunately, although there are some nice Inca units on the site here, there are not nearly enough of them to complete an entire unit line. Same for Canada. Also Korea, Thailand, Australia, and South Africa. So we're rather stuck.

Yeah...

That was my problem. I thought it was one of those mods where you replace the original files. not just a scenario. I figured out my problem, placed the mod in scenarios and replaced the original files. No more issues. Although, I think you should rename meso americans to just Aztec/ Mexico, because thats pretty much what it is. Loving the mod.

I looked and there should be sufficent custom pre gunpowerder units for the inca, and a custom melee calvery unit and a custom musketman (resistance to spanish). Although most of them should be renamed. But the issue becomes the more modern stuff. And the lack of calvery or artillery untill the discovery of gunpowder (to simulate the arrival of the spanish) would be a disadvantage. And in the 1800's the peruvian army basically had the rifleman, calvery, Ironclad and cannons from unmodded civ (war with Chile). Although a neat unit for someone to make for that time period would be the "Toro" Which was the fist functional latin american submarine.
Heres some modern pervian army stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_Army#Equipment
Modern navy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_Navy#Future_plans
All of their modern stuff is foreign, so that might be easier to find.
But if enough units could be rounded up, the tech tree would be fairly easy. I could help with that if you want.

Edit:
Air force: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_Air_Force#Equipment

Hey e'erbody. I'm on the final stretch of adding units and making/stealing building and tech graphics. Then it'll be a few weeks of error checking, civpedia writing, and in-game testing. I'm looking forward to finishing this up so you can try it, and I can take a break from staring at computer screens and get outside more as the weather improves. :) After a nice vacation from modding, then I'll pick up work on my next game.

The reason I'm posting is to give anyone who's interested a chance to throw in any ideas they've got or things they want included. The building roster is pretty full but I might could fit in a couple things. Also, I'm trying to find suitable mercenary forces for the 1000-1550 period, and I know many civvers are knowledgeable about this time (I'm not). Finally, I'd like to hear any feedback about your experiences in the 3rd and 4th eras if you've made it that far.

Sound off soon though, cause when this is done, I don't intend to add changes. In the future I will correct errors and possibly add a new civ if sufficient major unit packs are made, but that's about it.

Thank you in advance for your help, and for taking the time to play the game. Hope you enjoy!

Status on this upgrade ??

Dano: It's located at the end of Post #1, along with the updated civilopedia. It's also in the downloads database under modpacks. So next time you roll home after a long evening on Massachusetts St, you can give the game a go. :)

My goal was to finish the upgrade in March; it's just going to be the end of March rather than the beginning. Playtesting revealed a host of problems with many of the new concepts. Some worked OK, others were a total disaster and had to be deleted or redone multiple times. The volume of new buildings has been pruned. One thing I didn't like about Civ 4 was the enormous laundry list of buildings available, so many of the new additions are attributes, civ- and government-specific. Overall I think it's a much improved version over the first.

One area that was a total abortion was attempting to change the artillery. I tried several variations on Tom's successful barbarian catapult capture and all of them were complete failures. While certain concepts worked well in quick test games, they were disasterous in the frame of a full game (the AI sold off 100% of these units).

Right now I'm wading through the civilopedia and plan to finish my last test game as Germany. Then I got to package and upload, then test all the downloads and make sure they work. There will be both an 'expansion pack' that you can add to your existing Worldwide folder, and a full version of the new game.

Dano: It's located at the end of Post #1, along with the updated civilopedia. It's also in the downloads database under modpacks. So next time you roll home after a long evening on Massachusetts St, you can give the game a go. :)

Ah! Now I feel stupid! I was so busy reading the whole thread that the first post was long gone from my focus! :blush:

Giving the game a go today! Can't wait. Looks like my kind of mod!

Sounds like you're familiar with Lawrence!

Great mod, I was having a lot of fun in a game as Germany fighting a hard local war againsta Arabia, until the game crashed due to the lack of the file "FrigateFidget.wav".

Is this the result of a faulty installation (I believed I did everything right) or something else?

Great mod, I was having a lot of fun in a game as Germany fighting a hard local war againsta Arabia, until the game crashed due to the lack of the file "FrigateFidget.wav".

Is this the result of a faulty installation (I believed I did everything right) or something else?

I haven't seen a crash yet from a missing sound. Did you see what the unit was that caused it? It would be listed in the error message right before the .wav

eg. Worldwide\Art\Units\NAME OF UNIT\FrigateFidge.wav

Or something to that effect. You could also make a screenshot and post it here. The good news is if we can identify and correct the text you can continue the game.

Hi .Nightingale
I've had a bit of crashing around .wav files - you can either go look for the file - or if you just want it fixed, find any .wav file, rename it to what you want and drop it in the folder - it will get the game moving along whilst you can find the real file in some down time..... its just a sound (I suggest you find a ship sound) and this will very quickly resolve your issue..

Goota say though Its a GREAT mod - I can wait for the next version - this game is amazing!!!!

i had the same problem with the man-o-war run .wav, i took the generic man o war from the normal civ files but that didnt work either. any suggestions?

the different problem was that it said.

art/units/../../../../../../art/units/man-o-war/man-o-warrun.wav

sorry for ur trouble

Thanks to all who have provided graphics, units, and great insight into how the game works. Also, thanks to all who take the time to download and play the game; I hope it is worth your while. The best feedback you can provide is to report errors or any incongruities to make the game better. Enjoy!

See what the critics are saying about Civilization III: Worldwide!

"Do not have room on my hard drive now" - Moosezilla
"Ignore this" - vmxa
"still not working :(" - King Coltrane
"Obese..." Balthasar
"There are not that big amount of units with huge and unnecessary number of replicas" - Nihtantuel
"I downloaded it for 3 times and it has no all of the files" - Sandris
"I hate respawning AI. :p" - Tntph03nix
"1. No. 2. No " - General 666
"... At any rate, the game won't load" - stormcrow216
"it's a crazy mess of a file" - Tom2050
"Good to see that I'm not the only maniac..." Ares de Borg
"the game keeps on crashing" - donutmancuzco

no offense to other epic mods that i love (RFC, CCM, Heretic_Cata's mod, and even Teturkhan's classic) but this may be the pinnacle of epic mods. its a close one in some cases, but there is SO MUCH replayability and customization here!

well, whether that was too much or not, i really like this new version. i'm playing as the brits, and there have been PLENTY of toys.

ill give you a full on report at the end of this game, but here are some questions:

1) what happened to the letter of the marque attribute? i see it requires some unbuildable improvement first. what gives? i wanted to be a pirate!

2) any reason early ships (and even through sailing ships) have so few HP? i think an extra one or 2 would be nice.

uhh i guess thats it for now.

general comments time:

1) you've done a great thing with chiefdom. I REALLY like the small wonder and improvement that allow a technologically backward early civ to catch up both militarily and demographically. i made great use of this in my current game.

2) as always, the attribute system is amazing. and probably the best, most unique thing about your mod.

ah, i have more to say but i have to run to class... later.

Well, I think I'll have to abandon my current Chinese game on the old version, get the new one and start again. I think my small empire was about to get gang raped by my 3 most powerful neighbors anyway.

Looking forward to playing it sometime soon.

Top Bottom