C2C FAQs - Read This Before Posting

It's in the very first post of the "Player How To Documentation" thread. The link mentions how to set up C2C so you don't loose your settings if you play other mods.

Anyway here is a direct link

When 38.2 with fixes to AI is to be released?
Been held up by a sudden need to move. Within the next week or two I'll have a new dll with some additional debugs on there and we may be able to just make that the re-release point. It won't be perfect but it should be pretty good. Which is enough.

Reactions: DC0
How does Hero work?
Specifically, can I build only single national achievement per game? Or quantity is limited per era, culture or something else?

How does Hero work?
Specifically, can I build only single national achievement per game? Or quantity is limited per era, culture or something else?
Well, you can only build one of each national achievement per game, yes.

Recently in city #5 I've used a Hero to build National Production Achievement. Game said that during next 10 turns I'll get +1 happiness in all cities.
5 turns later I built another Hero in city #1. I wanted to make another achievement in city #1, but this Hero have only 2 options now: Lead as Warlord and Join city as military trainer.
Is it because of cooldown period?

Oh! It's a problem of Leonidas only. My other Heroes can make National Achievements.
For some strange reason Leonidas can't.

Last edited:
Recently in city #5 I've used a Hero to build National Production Achievement. Game said that during next 10 turns I'll get +1 happiness in all cities.
5 turns later I built another Hero in city #1. I wanted to make another achievement in city #1, but this Hero have only 2 options now: Lead as Warlord and Join city as military trainer.

Oh! It's a problem of Leonidas only. My other Heroes can make National Achievements.
Not all heroes can build achievements.

Usually only one Hero per Culture can build Achievements.

Is there a way to sort the groups of units by type instead of total force?

I mean, show all spearmen grouped independently of their strength, all swordsmen, etc.

First post is kinda outdated.
Generated and default map sizes were changed, so smallest maps actually have chance to get all resources (we have over 100 map resources), vicinity combo resources (certain pairs of resources in vicinity will let you build some building that might yield other resource) and terrains/features.
Also now there is roughly same area per civ (~1200 tiles) on all sizes.

Duel 960 -> 2400 (2); 60x40 - Old Small-
Tiny 1664 -> 4704 (4); 84x56 - Old Standard+
Small 2560 -> 7776 (6); 108x72 - Old Large+
Standard 4368 -> 9600 (8); 120x80 - Old Huge-
Large 6656 -> 11616 (10); 132x88 - Old Huge+
Huge 10240 -> 13824 (12); 144x96 - Midway between old Huge/Giant
Giant 16000 -> 16224 (14); 156x104 - Virtually unchanged
Gigantic 24000 -> 18816 (16); 168x112 - Old Giant+

Last edited:
Is there a way to sort the groups of units by type instead of total force?

I mean, show all spearmen grouped independently of their strength, all swordsmen, etc.
Sort by Combat Class. Most units have a lot of subtypes that can be selected to narrow things down.

Guys, the mod launches into a regular Warlords screen and when choosing game speed, Normal and Epic are outside the windows, plus, the civilopedia is laggy even on my Ryzen 5 1600X with 16 GB RAM, why?

It's in your Caveman2Cosmos folder, ...\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

Last edited:
Guys, the mod launches into a regular Warlords screen and when choosing game speed, Normal and Epic are outside the windows, plus, the civilopedia is laggy even on my Ryzen 5 1600X with 16 GB RAM, why?
The Civilopedia is huge. And Civ IV BtS is a 14+ year old Single Core engine. CPU speed is one of the most critical factors. So if your Ryzen 5 is 3Ghz or better you will do fine. Also this BtS game will only ever use 3 GB of ram max. And anything above 1GB of Video ram won't be of much help either.

If it's launching into a warlords screen than you have not installed the mod properly.

And anything above 1GB of Video ram won't be of much help either.
Whisperr may be running up against a limit here... what do you know about this? I wasn't aware of video ram problems...

Not quite @Thunderbrd, I have set it so that when C2C is loaded the Vanilla Civ4 screen is the one that shows (the one that plays Baba Yetu) but as a consequence the unloaded game's screen is changed to the Warlords one, seemingly automatically.

Top Bottom