Heroes of Might and Wisdom

see #18

you don't have ancient wonders DLC, the mod reference to wonders in that and cause a bug
will fix in next version

Hmm ok... just curious, was that an oversight, or did you actually expect most people to have that particular DLC? (Was it included in most copies of the original Civ 5 bought via Steam? (I got mine at retail so I wouldn't know)? )

I mean hell I don't have a big problem picking up a $5 DLC, especially if it really adds something worthwhile *or* makes using MODs much easier... after all the only reason I got Brave New World was because the MOD scene now more or less requires it... but on the other hand all the major Civ 5 MODs I've tried (Nights, Communitas, Hulfgars) didn't require any DLCs...

Hmm ok... just curious, was that an oversight, or did you actually expect most people to have that particular DLC? (Was it included in most copies of the original Civ 5 bought via Steam? (I got mine at retail so I wouldn't know)? )

I mean hell I don't have a big problem picking up a $5 DLC, especially if it really adds something worthwhile *or* makes using MODs much easier... after all the only reason I got Brave New World was because the MOD scene now more or less requires it... but on the other hand all the major Civ 5 MODs I've tried (Nights, Communitas, Hulfgars) didn't require any DLCs...

I add a quick bug fix at #1, extract HeroesUtils.7z at:
My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 1)\LUA
and replace the original file, this should fix the problem.

I add a quick bug fix at #1, extract HeroesUtils.7z at:
My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 1)\LUA
and replace the original file, this should fix the problem.

Yes this new version is working now, thank you!

I have two problems: none of the starting heroes show up on the civ select menu, and when I try to click the "0/3" hero icon to buy a hero from the tavern, the resulting menu instantly closes. Does anyone know what to do here? The civlopedia entries, the adviser help popups, and the rest of the UI works fine, it's just those two things.

I have two problems: none of the starting heroes show up on the civ select menu, and when I try to click the "0/3" hero icon to buy a hero from the tavern, the resulting menu instantly closes. Does anyone know what to do here? The civlopedia entries, the adviser help popups, and the rest of the UI works fine, it's just those two things.

1. use the setup in custom game menu
2. sound likes a bug, do you have BNW? If yes, can you check the live tuner error report?
follow the instructions of IGE to get the LUA error:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2

There is no error reported in the log, so, not a bug, may be a config problem.
What DLC and Expansions do you have?
What other MODs do you active at the same time?
And the tavern will hide itself when you press key like Esc or Enter. Do you happen to have your keyboard broken(a key was always down)?

No other mods. I have BNW and all the DLC. None of the other menus in the game close that fast on me, so it isn't my escape key, and it would be impossible to respond it my enter key was stuck down, so that's not it either.

@krypler
The tavern 0/0 bug is fixed, no longer depend on any DLC, excpet BNW, update from steam now

@sadinotna
That's really strange, and I can't reproduce this, can you help debugging that?
Open that file in a text editor:
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 2)\UI\Popups\TavernPopup.lua

find and delete these two lines:
ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );
Controls.BackButton:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, OnNextButtonClicked );

Then save file
restart game and see if the problem fixed

When the mod works - its great fun! But it has some problems.

Problems so far :
- At startup after selecting Custom Game and then Setup Game - when you have selected your leader and the opening narrator talks about your leader - you can't select "Begin your journey" until the narrator finishes.
- Upon exiting to Main Menu and restarting - you can now select "Begin your journey" straight away - but the opening popup to select your hero won't show up.
- At this point you have to close and restart Civ V from windows to get the hero popup to work correctly again. It only works correctly the first time after starting the game. So there is probably some missing initialization code that needs to be run when you go back to main menu.
- The opening popup to select your hero should block selecting "Next turn" until you have chosen your first hero.
- When your hero levels up there is no notification. I have to manually check the traits screen to see how much xp I have and whether I can level up yet or not. There should be a notification like when a unit gets a new promotion.
- When you cast a spell - the success or failure text has a comma after it that shouldn't be there.

Thats all for now. Hopefully you can fix these problems and then this mod will be awesome :goodjob:

Thanks for the bug report
There is a bug in the Modding user data that when return to Main Menu, the Modding data cache is not cleared for sometime, I'm working ont that, but for now, just restart the game

"Begin your journey", there is a large function to populate all Hero data when click that, so it will be slow for a while

When your hero levels up there is no notification. acctually, there is a notification say a unit upgrade popup by Civ5, but I can't change the unit icon to the Hero Icon now

When the mod works - its great fun! But it has some problems.

Problems so far :
- At startup after selecting Custom Game and then Setup Game - when you have selected your leader and the opening narrator talks about your leader - you can't select "Begin your journey" until the narrator finishes.
- Upon exiting to Main Menu and restarting - you can now select "Begin your journey" straight away - but the opening popup to select your hero won't show up.
- At this point you have to close and restart Civ V from windows to get the hero popup to work correctly again. It only works correctly the first time after starting the game. So there is probably some missing initialization code that needs to be run when you go back to main menu.
- The opening popup to select your hero should block selecting "Next turn" until you have chosen your first hero.
- When your hero levels up there is no notification. I have to manually check the traits screen to see how much xp I have and whether I can level up yet or not. There should be a notification like when a unit gets a new promotion.
- When you cast a spell - the success or failure text has a comma after it that shouldn't be there.

Thats all for now. Hopefully you can fix these problems and then this mod will be awesome :goodjob:

Been doing a bit of testing with a few other mods and this one. If I make a mod dependant or reference this mod, so it loads first, it will not work, the TopPanel bugs out. Now this is probably due to the other mod modifying the TopPanel. I cant see where you modify the Top Panel to have your Icon/Hhero Count, but then I just browsed the folders and looked at the files so see if there was a toppanel.lua there somewhere and I couldn't find it.

But if I do not reference this mod in any way and have it load up all of its own accord(no Dependancy) It works fine.

Been doing a bit of testing with a few other mods and this one. If I make a mod dependant or reference this mod, so it loads first, it will not work, the TopPanel bugs out. Now this is probably due to the other mod modifying the TopPanel. I cant see where you modify the Top Panel to have your Icon/Hhero Count, but then I just browsed the folders and looked at the files so see if there was a toppanel.lua there somewhere and I couldn't find it.

But if I do not reference this mod in any way and have it load up all of its own accord(no Dependancy) It works fine.

that was in UI\Popups\TavernHeader.lua(xml)

this should work with Ingame Editor, but haven't tested on ohter mods

As you requested the logfile is attached to this post.
I'm new to lua and generally modding in CiV but I guess you're either trying to read someting from a resource file or a column named "res" that's not there where you search it, the error is at the bottom of the log, have fun debugging!

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 78
As you requested the logfile is attached to this post.
I'm new to lua and generally modding in CiV but I guess you're either trying to read someting from a resource file or a column named "res" that's not there where you search it, the error is at the bottom of the log, have fun debugging!

thanks for the log, it's due to a reference of a resource that is not defiend, maybe you use some custom resource mod?
I'll fix this bug in the next version

Top Bottom