v36 Crime Patch

Yeah Black is their color. And playing with the Maori in the game as an AI you will find they like to build 1 City for a long long time till they are ready to try and take yours. Their Leader traits play into this.

JosEPh

Leaders will only make decisions influenced by traits if the trait has influenced the reason for a decision. Example: My trait has reduced my gold. Because my gold is low, I may be more reluctant to found a new city. NOT: My traits tell me to build fewer cities.

Leader personalities dictate those kinds of things. Personalities are not traits - they are the xml on the leader itself that can influence what traits are selected if you're playing on developing leaders.

The kinds of behavioral differences you point at the Maori as having would be something setup in the personality rather than anything to do with traits.

Leaders will only make decisions influenced by traits if the trait has influenced the reason for a decision. Example: My trait has reduced my gold. Because my gold is low, I may be more reluctant to found a new city. NOT: My traits tell me to build fewer cities.

Leader personalities dictate those kinds of things. Personalities are not traits - they are the xml on the leader itself that can influence what traits are selected if you're playing on developing leaders.

The kinds of behavioral differences you point at the Maori as having would be something setup in the personality rather than anything to do with traits.

Reread what I said. You've injected a lot of things I did not allude to.

And Developing Leaders was never mentioned nor were they used for that observation.

As for Leader "personalities", was always under the impression that the Traits gave the leader their "personality" thru the Traits they were given. Whether that was Standard BtS or C2C's Trait Options. Are we playing a game of semantics here?

The observation on the Maori is they like to Build up their Capitol city to the point of Not building any other cities until they have amassed a sufficient army to try and conquer a nearby opponent city. Their Capitol cities influence ring will extend 4 and 5 tiles outward during this time.

I will add this also, other leaders that share the same or nearly same set of Leader traits share same set of actions. But by turning Off all leader traits they exhibit more normal like AI tendencies.

JosEPh

Reread what I said. You've injected a lot of things I did not allude to.
My point was to educate, not necessarily correct.

And Developing Leaders was never mentioned nor were they used for that observation.
Mentioning it was part of the education.

As for Leader "personalities", was always under the impression that the Traits gave the leader their "personality" thru the Traits they were given. Whether that was Standard BtS or C2C's Trait Options. Are we playing a game of semantics here?
That was the impression you gave of the impression you must have. Which is why I took a moment to clarify that this is untrue. Leader traits ONLY indirectly impact leader determinations by adjusting the results the leader is getting which can modify impressions of desired strategies. But far more core to leader determinations is their personality. Trait and personality are two different things. Although it's not unlikely that whoever put a leader in play may have modelled that leader after another leader with similar traits. This could give the observing player the idea that traits play a role in decision making directly. But I wanted, for your sake, to clarify that this is flat not the case. What traits a leader has is never referenced in decision making junctures at all.

I mentioned it because I figured you could benefit from knowing that and taking a look at the leader xml definitions at some point. Once you have a bit of understanding of that xml you'll start to find a whole garden of places where the game has needed a lot more attention. Once you understand what that is and how, perhaps I could have a strong xml ally in you for a project I've always wanted to commit myself to that wouldn't take all that much time to develop that would help the mod tremendously. - in ways I think you would appreciate.

The observation on the Maori is they like to Build up their Capitol city to the point of Not building any other cities until they have amassed a sufficient army to try and conquer a nearby opponent city. Their Capitol cities influence ring will extend 4 and 5 tiles outward during this time.
There may be some personality xml for this but leader traits would not be referenced in this strategic decision.

I will add this also, other leaders that share the same or nearly same set of Leader traits share same set of actions. But by turning Off all leader traits they exhibit more normal like AI tendencies.
How much gold is available may modify this kind of decision a lot and traits may modify how much gold is available a lot but it's not a direct relationship.

The "Automated Hunt" function doesn't work right. Instead of attacking animals the units start to act like they are exploring. They automatically pick "quick march" promotion and simply start exploring, even thou there are animals around them. The BUG option, where you can set the success% for units when they are supposed to attack, has no effect.

The "Automated Hunt" function doesn't work right. Instead of attacking animals the units start to act like they are exploring. They automatically pick "quick march" promotion and simply start exploring, even thou there are animals around them. The BUG option, where you can set the success% for units when they are supposed to attack, has no effect.

I'll take a look at this soon but I'm moving the report to the bug thread so it gets put in order with the rest of the bug reports.

I can't butcher subdued animals anymore (#58 version). I do not know if now I need something specific to butcher animals...

PS: I have the option "Teleport Hunting Awards"

I can't butcher subdued animals anymore (#58 version). I do not know if now I need something specific to butcher animals...

PS: I have the option "Teleport Hunting Awards"

You get the yield when you subdue the animal now so there is no need fore the butcher option any more.

It puts things back the way they were originally intended. When you subdue an animal it is not the one(s) you attacked in the wild but represents some young of that animal species.

Yes, but even a single round later (especially in Prehistory) that animal isn't going to be young any more.

My point was to educate, not necessarily correct.

Mentioning it was part of the education.

That was the impression you gave of the impression you must have. Which is why I took a moment to clarify that this is untrue. Leader traits ONLY indirectly impact leader determinations by adjusting the results the leader is getting which can modify impressions of desired strategies. But far more core to leader determinations is their personality. Trait and personality are two different things. Although it's not unlikely that whoever put a leader in play may have modelled that leader after another leader with similar traits. This could give the observing player the idea that traits play a role in decision making directly. But I wanted, for your sake, to clarify that this is flat not the case. What traits a leader has is never referenced in decision making junctures at all.

I mentioned it because I figured you could benefit from knowing that and taking a look at the leader xml definitions at some point. Once you have a bit of understanding of that xml you'll start to find a whole garden of places where the game has needed a lot more attention. Once you understand what that is and how, perhaps I could have a strong xml ally in you for a project I've always wanted to commit myself to that wouldn't take all that much time to develop that would help the mod tremendously. - in ways I think you would appreciate.

There may be some personality xml for this but leader traits would not be referenced in this strategic decision.

How much gold is available may modify this kind of decision a lot and traits may modify how much gold is available a lot but it's not a direct relationship.

Okay now that I've looked into the LeaderHeadInfos file I kind of see what you are saying/teaching.

And I could not find Heke of the Maori in that file at all. Was the Maori removed from the main list of Civs back in March?

JosEPh

Okay now that I've looked into the LeaderHeadInfos file I kind of see what you are saying/teaching.

And I could not find Heke of the Maori in that file at all. Was the Maori removed from the main list of Civs back in March?

JosEPh

I'm not sure. Sparth may know more about that.

JosEPh

Nah I don't remove any civilizations and I see Maori and Heke is still in Modules directory

Didn't look in Modules directory. Guess that is why I did not find the Maori/Heke then. :p

JosEPh

any way to prevent automated hunters activate quick march?

they are nucked by anything xDD

any way to prevent automated hunters activate quick march?

they are nucked by anything xDD

Manually hunt for now. And get familiar with it.

JosEPh :)

Sooooo I hit a little snack with my current game. During the "end of turn process" the game screen freeze(I guess this is normal during end turn), musical stops, but the cursor keeps "running"(the little man) which indicates the game has not crashed and still the turn will not end. I clicked my mouse once on screen and music resumed, which indicated to me that some way the game process was put "on the back ground". So then I alt+tab to windows and there is a civ4 message box with this error "Unit with no group found in stack on call to CvPlayer::updateGroupCycle". So when I click 'OK' in the message box and jump back to Civ4 the "end turn process" ends next turn begins, but when I end that turn the game always crashes to the desktop. No warnings, no error message, no nothing. I am waiting anxiously for a reply =)

Sooooo I hit a little snack with my current game. During the "end of turn process" the game screen freeze(I guess this is normal during end turn), musical stops, but the cursor keeps "running"(the little man) which indicates the game has not crashed and still the turn will not end. I clicked my mouse once on screen and music resumed, which indicated to me that some way the game process was put "on the back ground". So then I alt+tab to windows and there is a civ4 message box with this error "Unit with no group found in stack on call to CvPlayer::updateGroupCycle". So when I click 'OK' in the message box and jump back to Civ4 the "end turn process" ends next turn begins, but when I end that turn the game always crashes to the desktop. No warnings, no error message, no nothing. I am waiting anxiously for a reply =)

Please use this thread and read this 1st post (OP) for reporting Bugs or crashes for v36 problems, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14025437&postcount=1 .

This is not the proper thread for reporting crashes, thanks. :)

JosEPh

So, is the V36 needing this patch for the released or SVN versions? Also, if for the released version, why isn't it mentioned in the main download page? :confused:

Top Bottom