Think I can finish this game?

YUNnw

Chieftain
I was searching a lot of info about the mod and what settings are recommended for a full playthrough until galactic era..
my current settings are Huge PerfectWorld2f, low sea level, snail speed, no REV, no barbcivs and 16 players remaining out of 20-30 something, can't remember since I started this match long time ago and total playtime is now over 160 hours ingame.
noble-emperor difficulty, changing it at random times to keep AIs balanced.

I think my C2C version is v36 or something like that. i'm on turn 1664, year 773AD
So far I've been crashing 3 times at around 2.7gb civ4 memory usage giving me a MAF with "bad allocation" message after playing 4-5 hours straight. I've got enough physical RAM (16gb) and 64bit system for this but why am I crashing at 2.7gb when the 32bit app mem limit should be at 3.8gb?

I'm on master victory condition, how far can I play this match?

It's not abnormal to get a MAF after 4-5 hrs of straight play. If I recall, this is a problem from Vanilla but might be exacerbated by something in the mod. If you can restart and continue and get past the crash spot then there's good cause to think you're probably going to be fine for some time to come.

turning off wonder movies greatly reduced those errors for me, particularly the "insufficient graphics memory" Most of my ctd's in long games now are where the game straight up turns itself off without error message.

Top Bottom