[REQ]Riot Police (04/24/06)

that did it. i forgot to check one of the .fpk files and found like 5 more animations. Now the cops will beat you down in my scenario

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 234
GarretSidzaka said:
Now the cops will beat you down in my scenario
And they say the system doesn't work. :D

Btw, you don't have to copy the animation files at all, you can simply point the KFM tag to the original animations, something like <KFM>Art/Units/Scenario/Knights_templar/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>, this will save you some space for the mod and possibly reduce in-game resource consumption (depending on whether the engine can instance animations). Of course this can be done for any units, as long as you didn't change the animations or any effects associated with them (like flying arrows).

i keep forgetting that they got those animations squirreled away in the main code. i will look into that for next patch, but i just played with the police as Mexico, and the beat downs were very smooth and i had like 84 police units LOL

I'm salavating(sp) thinking about kill'n the pigs.

And I think your Warhammer 40k tanks are your best work, and your ethnically diverse units are the best thing to come.

Who would've thunk this unit be so popular :) just don't make too much noise or someone will surely use this as an excuse to blame violence on video games. I can just see the headline - "Civilization 4 gives players the power to enslave people, destroy whole nations and use police officers to beat down on protesters, will the bloodshed never end!" :D

On a related note I might add an HK MP-5 wielding version. :ar15:

Yeah if the press saw some of my civ games id be branded a real tyrant. Im sure its the same for you. Anyone ever counted the actual population killed when they've spent an entire game razing cities? Its quite high.

For a new police suppression weapon I vote for a tear gas grenade. Lobbed with grenadier animation or shot from a grenade launcher.

Hmm, I'd go m-16

Rabbit said:
"police officers [...] beat down on protesters" :D

You can't allow this to happen rabbit! I vote for making a protesterunit armed with molotowcocktails first to balance the situation. Since you made the firemage that should be an easy one.:p

btw the drinking water ressource jojoweb posted should be fine for the cocktail:D

Oh yeah, i vote for that.

But a palestinian rock thrower would be a great one to add also. :lol: If it manages to beat a tank or a gunship that would be priceless.

wow, this must be the most professional unit created so far for Civ4...:goodjob:

:king:

GrendelS said:
wow, this must be the most professional unit created so far for Civ4...:goodjob:
:king:

Thank you but I didn't do that much really. The shield and the baton were very easy to model and the biggest job was actually renaming all the bones so that it works with the knights animations. :)

Looks great!:goodjob:

Now all we need is someone to mod a hippie unit to supress...

Hey, this should be combined with a mod that automatically assembles protestor units in a random city when sufficient unhappy citizens exist in the empire. You need to bring sufficient police units in that city to quell them and restore order (and production) there. :D

Top Bottom