A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1.52 version is still working significantly slower than vanilla RoM 2.81...could the added material really slow it down that much?

I just came out of a lengthy war with the Romans, and the turn after they like me, partly because of religion and partly because of civics. The war does not even register in the attitude list, even though it ended with them losing a city to me.

I suspect Civic Flavors for this seeming discrepancy. Here's my list of modmods (I'm using 1.50 but have fixed borders turned off)

No, what we have here is a rare combo of Realistic Diplomacy and Favorite Civic effects.

Here's the chain of events that I think unfolded:

1.) You declared war with the Romans.
2.)You ended the war some turns later.
3.)Despite the extremely low odds, the Romans forgot about the war. (The odds are less than 7% for forgetting all 3 points in 50 turns...)
4.)You switched to one of the Roman civics, and also share a few other civics with them, resulting in a +4 boost.

All are completely normal behavior. Just count yourself lucky. ;)

The 1.52 version is still working significantly slower than vanilla RoM 2.81...could the added material really slow it down that much?

No it's not. I've got < 1sec turn times, even 200 turns into a small map.

Now I find out! But I LIKE the Big Turtle! LOL

JosEPh ;)

Didn't see this in the OP -- but I'm still getting random civs contacting me for no real reason.

Really? Dang, I thought I had fixed that. Is it happening often, intermittently...can you give me details?

Really? Dang, I thought I had fixed that. Is it happening often, intermittently...can you give me details?

Much, much, much less frequently than in beta 4 or beta 5. I'm keeping my eye open for any patterns (specific civs, anything seeming to set it off, and will post more details as my game progresses tonight)

Afforess,

Load up a fresh 2.81, start a new game, add all technologies, settle a city, enter the city screen. Then do the same after you install your mods. It'll be slower.

Afforess,

Load up a fresh 2.81, start a new game, add all technologies, settle a city, enter the city screen. Then do the same after you install your mods. It'll be slower.

Oh, well duh. I thought you meant the turn times were slower. The interface is slower because I've added over 100 hundred buildings. That's a lot of extra computation. ;)

There isn't a whole lot to do for the interface, I could whine to EmperorFool, but I doubt that would get me anywhere. The interface isn't especailly fast, even with Vanilla, stuff like the civilopedia loads slow. The problem is that python (the language that the interface is written in) is slow. Like 10x slower than C++.

Just remember, you're playing RoM, the heaviest mod of them all. If speed bugs you, you're playing the wrong mod. ;)

Ooooh. I see, the extra buildings. Alright, that's the answer I wanted, thank you. Still, it's unfortunate, as this makes normal RoM playable (2.81, 2.80 has terrible screen loading times), yet not your excellent modmod. Bah.

I guess I'll wait for another speed-up miracle.

<Ponders upgrades>

Contact issues:
- When rebels first emerge, I get contacted once. Then immediately contacted (right in a row) with nothing to offer in some cases.
- Issue may be with rebels -- they contact far more frequently than any "normal" civs.

Contact issues:
- When rebels first emerge, I get contacted once. Then immediately contacted (right in a row) with nothing to offer in some cases.
- Issue may be with rebels -- they contact far more frequently than any "normal" civs.

Rebels? Okay, that makes it much easier to narrow down. If you have any new information on the bug, it'll be useful too. ;)

No, what we have here is a rare combo of Realistic Diplomacy and Favorite Civic effects.

Here's the chain of events that I think unfolded:

1.) You declared war with the Romans.
2.)You ended the war some turns later.
3.)Despite the extremely low odds, the Romans forgot about the war. (The odds are less than 7% for forgetting all 3 points in 50 turns...)
4.)You switched to one of the Roman civics, and also share a few other civics with them, resulting in a +4 boost.

All are completely normal behavior. Just count yourself lucky. ;)
Hmm. The Romans declared war, not me, and I don't think 4) happened - but we must share a good deal of civics.

I think I've seen this before. Are the religion and civic attitude modifiers available in an XML file? I'd like to check them out.

Hmm. The Romans declared war, not me, and I don't think 4) happened - but we must share a good deal of civics.

Then that explains why they don't care about the war.

I think I've seen this before. Are the religion and civic attitude modifiers available in an XML file? I'd like to check them out.

Favorite Civics are in the leaderheadinfos, in the XML. I haven't modified those much. Not favorite civics anyway.

Then that explains why they don't care about the war.
Because they declared it? Wars tend to piss people off, no matter who started it. And I did take a city from them.
Favorite Civics are in the leaderheadinfos, in the XML. I haven't modified those much. Not favorite civics anyway.
I was asking for the religion and civic attitude modifiers.

Edit: I fount this in README_CIV4AttitudeInfos.xml
<!-- MODDERS WARNING! Attitudes are hard coded enumerated in the SDK -->

I guess that answers my own question. Right?

did you add more prereqs to the oracle or something? 'Cuz I just got priesthood, no one has built it yet and it doesn't appear in my building options yet show unbuildable is enabled too so I have no idea what's goin on with that but it should be appearing in my building list.

RoM 2.81 with 1.52 New Dawn

Snippet from Pythondbg.log:

12:30:53 TRACE: Error in BeginGameTurn event handler &lt;bound method BarbarianCiv.onBeginGameTurn of &lt;BarbarianCiv.BarbarianCiv instance at 0x08095288&gt;&gt;
12:30:53 TRACE: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isRevealed'

PythonErr.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "BarbarianCiv", line 147, in onBeginGameTurn
File "BarbarianCiv", line 1037, in checkBarbCities
File "BarbarianCiv", line 1259, in createMinorCiv
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isRevealed'

PythonError resulted in a CTD, I think the 4th oder 5th Minor Tribe emerged that round.
Would the Normal/Full Dumps from Civ4 be of any use ? Just want to know so I can save them.

Got a pink square in this:

<Button>Modules/Custom_Units/Fortifications/Art/City_Guard/City_Guard.dds</Button>

The actual button says City Guard, i changed mine to the correct way, as stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom