Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. So it depends not on the number of cities you spread, but on the numebr of people cities have.

Yes, it's percentage of world population.

It makes a lot of sense that the AI civs gets mad at you for being too strong, and starts to fear you, but is it possible to change the attitude modifier into handling this as a whole, instead of just a malus for having vassal civs? It seems weird to me that you can be really strong and dont get the minus, if you just avoid vassals - and otoh that other civs start to dislike you because 2-city-Ethiopia vassalised to you. Is it possible to change the attitude modifier into considering everything, instead of just number of vassals?

On another note, the "We fear you are becoming too advanced" red text thing in the diplo screen is sometimes a bit bugged, it can hinder you from granting techs to your vassals fx. - why should they ever resist being granted techs?
- Vassals should be more likely to give away/trade techs to their master civs by the way, but that's perhaps a bit more controversial, as that probably could be a bit exploitable. But maybe just change it so that vassals doesn't follow the standard AI formula for tech trades, where they want 3x worth of beaker points in return for giving away their own.

Cosmos, I don't think you quite got that penalty.

Vassals and master are in the same 'team' and thus AI civs will combine their attitude towards you and your vassals and use that as a general attitude against your 'team'.

So if you have Charlie as a vassal and Elizabeth is Annoyed towards him and Pleased towards you, she will treat you as 'Cautious'.

There is also a small relation modifier if their worst enemy is your vassal.

That can't be the only thing. I'm playing as Greece atm, with two vassals, and when the Vikings spawned, they instantly had a -6 modifier because of my vassals, before meeting any of them.

i got a problem. i tried to install version 1.9 but when it finished downloading, it imediatly opened bts. so i closed bts and the download is gone!!

Leoreth, I'm going to download the "additions" to the mod. If I'm not mistaken there are three of them: Blue Marble, Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City-Styles, Soundtrack Module. I have some questions:
1) The link to the Blue Marble (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=314122&d=1329600631) doesn't work.
2) Write instructions, please: In what order do I install them? Will this work with SVN? Do I need to install the patch mentioned in the VDaEC-S thread?

I've fixed the link, it's also available in the attachments of the first post. Instructions are in the first posts of the threads that introduce these additional packages.

(I've recently discovered there's a slight incompatibility between VD and the soundtrack module so I advise to install VD first to keep both working.)

Hello all. I love RFC, and I think this modmod improves it substantially. However, I have a problem. It keeps crashing later in the game (like 1700s, 1800s). Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Do you have a low end PC? Towards the industrial revolution the game becomes a bit more resource demanding.

My computer is pretty old, but I don't know if it's that. My friend is having the same problem, and he has a better PC than me. For him apparently it is happening throughout the game, however. Is there anything else I could do, or no?

i got a problem. i tried to install version 1.9 but when it finished downloading, it imediatly opened bts. so i closed bts and the download is gone!!

Choose option "save file" instead of "open".

:mad:
The game crashes at turn 176, 1808 a.d
I've tried different strategies, as declare or not war to France, move army in different places, sign peace.
It's mortifying cause I was able to win the uhv... I had 1 century to conquer 7% of Med sea...

:mad:
The game crashes at turn 176, 1808 a.d
I've tried different strategies, as declare or not war to France, move army in different places, sign peace.
It's mortifying cause I was able to win the uhv... I had 1 century to conquer 7% of Med sea...

I reloade a previos save (1781):
Conquer Paris in 1793, destroy Marseille and acquire Tobruk by congress made Egypt raise in 1806, invade Anatolia... it crashes in1815...

Conquer Paris in 1793, destroy Marseille and acquire Tobruk by congress made Egypt raise in 1806, make peace with Otoman, destroy the city in Tunis (don't remeber the name) it crashes in 1826... if I don't destroy it, it crashes at 1823....

I give up...:(

so i downloaded the SVN a week ago, and have had some time to play and I have a bunch of general comments. i played a lot of RFC back in the day and a bit of DOC this spring, mostly just as the newer civs of thai, indonesia, etc

I love the new Asia setup in 1.9 and I've been mostly playing there.

China: awesome. This is so much better than assembling the vast army of warriors. really a lot of fun.

Tibet: Great addition. Great UHV. Took me a few tries. First tried to stay peaceful with china so that i could maintain open borders and send workers through to build a road to russia avoiding the seljuks. ultimately i needed the missionary production from the china cities. ended up overbuilding them and getting 36% buddhism by the date. still it was a close call as teh mongol keshiks were two turns away from my capitol when they collapsed.

Tamils: this one took me a try to realize the power of that island city. i actually never fought india in this one. both tibet and tamils are two of my favs now

India: the new mechanics were great, with the three start cities and the flood plains. i raced towards zoroastrianism so my four cities could build three temples each. even so i wasn't going to make the temple goal so i went back and rerouted my elephants towards china as soon as the tamils were down to a city and whipped out a confucian miss, and added that to the mix. just too tough to build settlers fast enough to get enough temples that way.

Mughals: I'm going to have to poke around for a strategy because i don't even know how to begin to conquer fast enough. could have just had a bad roll though.

Khmer: Solid changes.

Thai: this one is a lot of fun with the trading companies. I had to ultimately engage in 5 wars. 1. kicking potugal out of malacca. 2. doing all the work for the mughals in defeating the british(making the mughals the score leader) 3. taking the islands back from the dutch. (they saved me one war by requesting manila from the spanish) 4 shipping everything back to india to fight the french(mughals just sat there and watched) 5 taking canton back from a respawned china.
really fun fighting, masses of bombards and elephants(great, helpful) however, it didn't give me the win, even though south asia was all mughal, me and indonesia. i looked very carefully

ethiopia: first two goals, great. third, still very unfun. whereas thailand's similar goal was awesome because the TC meant you had to keep fighting. ethiopia just sits there and hits space while you build unneeded wonders in your capital. i do realize that an important part of ethiopia's history is it's incredible stretch of independence, but there might be abetter goal to encourage this.

I tried checking out the SVN version, but as with the last time I tried this, TortoiseSVN seems unwilling to cooperate. Would it be possible for me to simply download all the files on the SVN page and make a new folder for them? Because trying the SVN checkout just results in errors.

What exactly happens during checkout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom