x

Ermak (pyc_Hawk). I havent gotten anyone come clsoe to me in all the years on here. 6k hrs on multiplayer record so far.

6,000 hours is an insane amount of time played, let alone on multiplayer only. I'm jealous!

Ermak (pyc_Hawk). I havent gotten anyone come clsoe to me in all the years on here. 6k hrs on multiplayer record so far.

I added you on steam my ID is copper4eva. Have you played with tommynt, klaskeran, or borg. I can hold my own against klaskeran and borg but tommynt destroys me.

I'm always looking for good players to play with and I play teamers, duels, ffas, or even peaceful duels and teamers on mirror map.

Play filthyrobot and cleft0r. See how well you can contend with them.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hard question!

My personnal list(only those i played so far and are regular mp):

1-Baron Bigboi
2-NQ Virus(havent played for month though)
2-Arvius
3-The Borg
5-FilthyRobot

Only played Filty once(beat him) but saw many of his stream vids so i can easily place him somewhere.

I could include in top 5 Tommynt and Glory7 anyday but havent played these guys enough or arent enough active. And NQ shumi, cleftor, Risivere, Kaution, lek10(and many more) are all guys that can beat anyone on this planet once in a while. Really hard to tell exactly whos the king in DA place. Map and civ play a large influence and tell if game will be easy or not.

Maybe i can be in top 5 of some guys too...:)

Only Baron and Virus have beat me more often than i have beat them in my career civ. Arvius and Borg is more or less same record.

And Pyk_Hawk well...you need to play true NQ games to really have a good idea of your forces. You are a good player but you need better challenges than public games. I do play pub games too but that's only because i rarely have more than 4 hours straight to play true NQ games. I would have inserted you before FilthyRobot if it wasn't about all that.

Hard question!

My personnal list(only those i played so far and are regular mp):

1-Baron Bigboi
2-NQ Virus(havent played for month though)
2-Arvius
3-The Borg
5-FilthyRobot

Only played Filty once(beat him) but saw many of his stream vids so i can easily place him somewhere.

I could include in top 5 Tommynt and Glory7 anyday but havent played these guys enough or arent enough active. And NQ shumi, cleftor, Risivere, Kaution, lek10(and many more) are all guys that can beat anyone on this planet once in a while. Really hard to tell exactly whos the king in DA place. Map and civ play a large influence and tell if game will be easy or not.

Maybe i can be in top 5 of some guys too...:)

Only Baron and Virus have beat me more often than i have beat them in my career civ. Arvius and Borg is more or less same record.

And Pyk_Hawk well...you need to play true NQ games to really have a good idea of your forces. You are a good player but you need better challenges than public games. I do play pub games too but that's only because i rarely have more than 4 hours straight to play true NQ games. I would have inserted you before FilthyRobot if it wasn't about all that.

I've beaten Big Boi almost every game he joins my game. Haha- he isnt all that. And you too, Tabarhog,- you know it's true. ;)

as far as teamers and duels go I got a pretty positive record :)
if some1 thinks he got a edge I m allways open for challenges.

i d even go as far ones are the other good ones are the ones who been "training" (playing) with me.
Dont think there are lot people whom for example yorus isnt beating easly now.

arvius and some others might be better in pawning noobs in in 6+ hour ffas - I really got better things to do in my life as that ..

Apart that civ is such a easy game that its really hard to be "the best" as best strategies are obvious and after 5 years people learned be rinse and repeat and copying others.
Sad thing civ league isnt active anymore - at least it showed pretty well who does good vs other good players and isnt only beating noobs.

http://www.civplayers.com/

And you too, Tabarhog,- you know it's true. ;)

Yeah especially when you claim victory only because you are top on score(you did that many times and it sucks).

Yeah especially when you claim victory only because you are top on score(you did that many times and it sucks).

THIS, made milk spill for laughter. Who would even consider something so silly?

The question is, who are the best players for each setting? Most of the players listed play FFA NQ kind of settings. There is a group of us that mostly play teamers, and none of the people on the list above would be tier one players right now - Virus was decent at teamers but he hasn't played with us in a while. Murk is the overlord of teamers, he is a top builder a top strategist top tactician and he gets first click a lot. Tommynt is a top teamer but he has been discouraged lately because first click is unbalanced due to Ranged units being OP. Me (eml_joe) murk baconstrips Lek Zempt Tommy Fredodo and several others are top teamers. Fredodo is a lot better at teamers than FFA the skill set is a little different. Universal Soldier and MrGameTheory were top at all civ but haven't played in years. I stopped played NQ the time commitment too long for me.

Oh man shame on me eml_Joe :) i forgot to put you on my list!

I also have a negative record with you i think. Do you stream games sometimes?

The best players for FFA's and Teamers will vary quite a bit. Many amazing teamer players are absolutely terrible at FFA's and vice versa. I know few people who are actually good at both teamers and FFA's. I can list a bunch of great teamer players and a bunch of people who are great at FFA but those two lists will have very little overlap.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tabernak! Although last time we played you got a killer Petra cap and everybody just conceded. Here are a few FFA players not listed above that are good: Ahomajibmaho (or something like that with lots of characters in it,) Superhans, schumi - all competitive FFA guys. Civ is 2 games rolled into one: a combat game and a building game, some players much better at one than the other. Advantage, djyer, 4rdv are competitive FFA/duel/pangea style of play - which I think has way too many random factors. Civ is like poker - anybody can lose 1 hand, but the best players win a series of hands by maximizing their good luck and minimizing their bad luck. Some settings create more luck than others, although the more luck you remove the more Civ elements you end up removing.

I know GMR is a very small subset of CIV MP, but as it takes out the fast click out of the equation and also also gives ample time to think about strategy and tactics, I have seen the most creative moves there, some can even be considered as dirty tricks.

Anyway, getting side tracked, I would like to say that for GMR games, Basituldi and Erekose are the top players I met. Also Andruh and Atlan are players I consider very very good.

as far as teamers and duels go I got a pretty positive record :)
if some1 thinks he got a edge I m allways open for challenges.

i d even go as far ones are the other good ones are the ones who been "training" (playing) with me.
Dont think there are lot people whom for example yorus isnt beating easly now.

arvius and some others might be better in pawning noobs in in 6+ hour ffas - I really got better things to do in my life as that ..

Apart that civ is such a easy game that its really hard to be "the best" as best strategies are obvious and after 5 years people learned be rinse and repeat and copying others.
Sad thing civ league isnt active anymore - at least it showed pretty well who does good vs other good players and isnt only beating noobs.

http://www.civplayers.com/

Sadly the terrible patch a year ago killed the Civ5 league, and by the time they fixed it, it was too late. If all the remaining players did play on the league the glicko2 system is a very accurate system in rating players skill against other players over the long term. To accurately for some players liking :-/

Lets hope they don't wait too long for Civ6 and that it does have MP code at least as good as Civ4, which while not great was the best of the civ series to date.

Firaxis is advertising for a second MP programmer job right now, so I'm optimistic they are taking MP more seriously now than when John Schafer lead the Civ5 team...

Regardless Civplayers will provide an MP home for players wanting a competitive environment or just friendly games to see were you rank among your peers, when the next game comes out.

You can still come to our Facebook page to hang out with all the old civers still playing open games of Civ3, civ4 and civ5 https://www.facebook.com/groups/civplayers/

CS

Sadly the terrible patch a year ago killed the Civ5 league, and by the time they fixed it, it was too late. If all the remaining players did play on the league the glicko2 system is a very accurate system in rating players skill against other players over the long term. To accurately for some players liking :-/

Lets hope they don't wait too long for Civ6 and that it does have MP code at least as good as Civ4, which while not great was the best of the civ series to date.

Firaxis is advertising for a second MP programmer job right now, so I'm optimistic they are taking MP more seriously now than when John Schafer lead the Civ5 team...

Regardless Civplayers will provide an MP home for players wanting a competitive environment or just friendly games to see were you rank among your peers, when the next game comes out.

You can still come to our Facebook page to hang out with all the old civers still playing open games of Civ3, civ4 and civ5 https://www.facebook.com/groups/civplayers/

CS

Are you saying that they only had ONE programmer working on the multiplayer aspects of the game? That's really sad. Talk about minimal investment.

Are you saying that they only had ONE programmer working on the multiplayer aspects of the game? That's really sad. Talk about minimal investment.

Well this just explains everything about why multiplayer is so bad lol.

The info I have from reliable sources is that they had two for awhile during Civ5 development, but as soon as the game was released they let the junior programmer go. Before any patches etc were even started. The senior programmer found a better job and went elsewhere. It took them ages to get the guy they have now and far to late to fix Civ5 MP which requires a complete recode, that is not something 2K is going to spend money on without a new game to make it financially viable.

I'm even surprised that 2K even bothered to port Civ3(not released yet but announced) or Civ4 to Steam from Gamespy, though the Civ4 version is limited to 4 players which makes it unusable...and apparently will never be fixed.

But lets hope the team working on Civ6(or what ever it will be called) has the sense to do what Soren did and put MP and SP on the same priority and develop them in parallel. MP testers actually help improve SP by telling the AI programmers what a human would do, something completely ignored by the lead programmer of Civ5..

CS

Top Bottom