Civ VI for Mac Users?

beetle

Deity
GOTM Staff
So, anyone have any hope that VI will ship for OS X or iOS sooner than later?

Beyond hope, any vague indications one way or the other?

I am quite disappointed that there is not news already, and I take that as reason to expect that the same pattern of Mac-marginalization will continue.

I had expected that the booming iOS market would have meant supporting tablets at launch, but aside from cartoon-quality graphics (which is not a bad thing IMHO), I find nothing.

I was hoping for something on Steam to preorder so we could get the Aztecs earlier, but so far only Windows is on there.

You can pre-order the windows version and get the Aztec bonus. When the MAC version is released, the key will be good for MAC version as well.

There have been some 20 to 25% discounts on Green Man gaming (got one of those myself :) ) and other sites as well. Please check around.

When the MAC version is released, the key will be good for MAC version as well.
By the time the OS X version is released, the Aztec will be probably be included.

> But Bootcamp blah blah blah

If a Mac user is not using Bootcamp for V, they are not likely to do so for VI.

Xyth posted in another thread link to Aspyr announcement of Mac release and system requirements.
I seem to recall years back that if you buy Windows version on Steam, you get Mac version too but that Aspyr doesn't get paid? I'm super grateful to Aspyr for porting Civ games to Mac, so I don't want them to miss out on any funds they deserve.

Xyth posted in another thread link to Aspyr announcement of Mac release and system requirements.
I seem to recall years back that if you buy Windows version on Steam, you get Mac version too but that Aspyr doesn't get paid? I'm super grateful to Aspyr for porting Civ games to Mac, so I don't want them to miss out on any funds they deserve.

Apparently if you purchase it on a Mac, it counts towards the metrics. AspyrRyan said go ahead and purchase it.

Top Bottom