Satisfying the King

dalgo

Emperor
'Satisfying the King's demands delays increasing his expeditionary force'

This may promote more interaction with the King. Does the size of the demand make any difference. eg if you can keep your cash reserves low so he is only asking for 40 or 50 gold instead of 4 or 5 hundred (or thousand)?

Also does anyone know if the tax increases are still broken?

'Satisfying the King's demands delays increasing his expeditionary force'

This may promote more interaction with the King. Does the size of the demand make any difference. eg if you can keep your cash reserves low so he is only asking for 40 or 50 gold instead of 4 or 5 hundred (or thousand)?

Also does anyone know if the tax increases are still broken?

Probably makes a difference - I could imagine that every piece of Gold you pay offsets one LB you produce (or something similar).

What do you mean by "broken tax increases"? The patch disables them after independence, but I see no general change in the readme here.

If the change is like PatchMod which is what it's based off, then it's 1 threshold point per 10 gold paid to the King.

What do you mean by "broken tax increases"? The patch disables them after independence, but I see no general change in the readme here.

It is my understanding that when the trigger value for a tax increase is reached and the King makes his announcement, that value is reset if you accept the tax increase. It will then take a while for it to build up again before the next tax rise. However if you refuse the tax increase that trigger value is not reset so a new tax increase announcement will follow almost immediately.

However if you refuse the tax increase that trigger value is not reset so a new tax increase announcement will follow almost immediately.

I've read that here, but playing vanilla & Conq/Gov I haven't seen that. I purposely refused a tax increase to see what would happen and it took several turns before the next one came around.

A question I have is that I've presumed that the 'party' is based on the item that you've traded the most, or near the most, but in a test game I noticed the parties were on items I didn't trade. That is, I was trading guns, tools, horses, cloth and cigars, yet the first two parties were on food, and lumber!:confused:

A question I have is that I've presumed that the 'party' is based on the item that you've traded the most, or near the most, but in a test game I noticed the parties were on items I didn't trade. That is, I was trading guns, tools, horses, cloth and cigars, yet the first two parties were on food, and lumber!:confused:

You think that's weird? I got a tax increase, choosed party, changed my mind, reloaded the game, loded party goods into Wagon Train, click enter and... there was no tax increase. None at all, for a few turns. I don't know why as all I did were the aforementioned steps.

You think that's weird? I got a tax increase, choosed party, changed my mind, reloaded the game, loded party goods into Wagon Train, click enter and... there was no tax increase. None at all, for a few turns. I don't know why as all I did were the aforementioned steps.

I believe tax increases happen on a random % chance each turn, with the chance slowly rising. So when you reload, the game will "roll over" to see if you get a tax increase. It could be delayed by several turns.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Top Bottom